Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Squeeee! 54 and pregnant!!! thumbs down

Posted by addiea raine 
Squeeee! 54 and pregnant!!! thumbs down
May 28, 2016
Just found out that a cousin (grandmother's sister's daughter) is knocked up....at 54 fucking years old. Needless to say I'm in the minority. While everyone else is doing the belly-rubs and congratulations, I'm doing the Hell NO. I flat out said she's going to be about 73 when the kid graduates from high school, even said she may not be healthy enough for it. So far no one has said anything about "the mother" and the risks associated with such a pregnancy but have said "oh it will be everyone's kid". How fair is that to the kid and you just proved what we've all known: women in the religious south are nothing more than brood mares. So what if she dies in childbirth or when the kid is a toadler? Congratufuckinglations you selfish moron.

Disgusted doesn't begin to cover this.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: Squeeee! 54 and pregnant!!! thumbs down
May 28, 2016
I'm curious about her mental state. Also, what do her kids (if she has any) think?

Younger husband?
Trying to save a marriage?
Feels the need to "do it better next time?" with replacement children?
Trying to stay young? (Oh, the irony--nothing ages a person faster than a geriatric pregnasty.)

It's a given that she underwent fertility treatments and used the eggs from a different woman.

What a brainless thing to do, particularly when one's health is already bad.
May 28, 2016
addiea raine
So far no one has said anything about "the mother" and the risks associated with such a pregnancy but have said "oh it will be everyone's kid"

What does everyone's kid mean? That when the geezer moo isn't able to be a moo because she is a geezer that all the relatives will be stuck caretaking the kid? Is this a collective pregnancy agreement of some sort? If so, is there an opt out clause?
May 28, 2016
I honestly have no fucking clue what she's thinking. I was told it was an "oops didn't know I could still get preggers tee hee!" thing (coughbullshitcough). I imagine her kids are not too happy with it as they all have kids of their own. It makes me wonder if she was doing the "I need to feel young again! I'm not a grandma!" thing we see too often. Her mother is not in good health. She's in her late 70's and has heart problems...and was volunteered to help with this. That's what is meant by "this will be everyone's baby".

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
May 28, 2016
addiea raine
I honestly have no fucking clue what she's thinking. I was told it was an "oops didn't know I could still get preggers tee hee!" thing (coughbullshitcough). I imagine her kids are not too happy with it as they all have kids of their own. It makes me wonder if she was doing the "I need to feel young again! I'm not a grandma!" thing we see too often. Her mother is not in good health. She's in her late 70's and has heart problems...and was volunteered to help with this. That's what is meant by "this will be everyone's baby".

I feel bad for this baby. It deserves better living conditions that this. Her mother may not live to see the baby hit the age of 18, let alone be able to help out.
May 28, 2016
I got knocked up at 41, had it sucked out as soon as possible.
May 28, 2016
She should get an amniocentesis. I'm no expert, but I've heard that there is a positive correlation between age of the moo at time of inpigness and the likelihood that the loaf is a tard.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
May 28, 2016
With women getting pregnant at 54 there no hope for me getting my tubes tied. I could change my mind when I'm 50. Hell no. Ugh, this woman is so selfish. She obviously didn't think about the quality of life her loaf would have ir even think about the possibility of her dying before it's an adult. It's so selfish. It sucks that it's acceptable too.
May 29, 2016
NHS UK

The main factor that increases the chance of having a baby with Down's syndrome is the age of the woman when she becomes pregnant. For example, a woman who is:
20 years of age has a risk of one in 1,500
30 years of age has a risk of one in 800
35 years of age has a risk of one in 270
40 years of age has a risk of one in 100
45 years of age has a risk of one in 50 or greater
May 29, 2016
freya

What does everyone's kid mean? That when the geezer moo isn't able to be a moo because she is a geezer that all the relatives will be stuck caretaking the kid? Is this a collective pregnancy agreement of some sort? If so, is there an opt out clause?

It means that they're going to keep any positive impact from this event for themselves, meanwhile they will socialize the costs and negative impact to everyone, instead of taking it on themselves.

This means that when it comes to positive attention whoring, this person will absorb all of it. When it comes to the actual work that is involved with a new baby, this person will be "just too old" to handle most of the mind-numbing drudgery that's associated with a new baby.

By comparison, this is done frequently in the public sector. Some community members will want something built. For example, many communities have built public swimming pools.

Now remember, if those who wanted a swimming pool decided to build a private pool, then only those who actually want to use the pool would be responsible for the costs. While this "user pay" system makes the most sense, it is more expensive than pushing the costs on to everyone else.

And so instead, they propose a public pool, and this way everyone must bear the burden. Even those who don't want a pool, are disabled, can't swim, are too old to swim, have no time to swim, or are allergic to the chemicals... ALL of them must pay for it. ALL of them will pay for the guys to dig out the trench, the concrete guys to build the pool, the water, the chlorine, the employees to care for the pool, the annual maintenance of the pool, etc. etc. etc.

And why? Because "it's everyone's pool!" Just like "it's everyone's baby!"

The baby, the pool... both are yours whether you wanted them or not. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 29, 2016

# So what if she dies in childbirth or when the kid is a toadler?
# Her mother is not in good health. She's in her late 70's and has heart problems...and was volunteered to help with this.
# All her kids have kids.

If something happens to her, either the grandmoo will take care of the loaf or one of her adult chyldren.
This is what family is for! confused smiley
May 29, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
freya

It means that they're going to keep any positive impact from this event for themselves, meanwhile they will socialize the costs and negative impact to everyone, instead of taking it on themselves.

This means that when it comes to positive attention whoring, this person will absorb all of it. When it comes to the actual work that is involved with a new baby, this person will be "just too old" to handle most of the mind-numbing drudgery that's associated with a new baby.

By comparison, this is done frequently in the public sector. Some community members will want something built. For example, many communities have built public swimming pools.

Now remember, if those who wanted a swimming pool decided to build a private pool, then only those who actually want to use the pool would be responsible for the costs. While this "user pay" system makes the most sense, it is more expensive than pushing the costs on to everyone else.

And so instead, they propose a public pool, and this way everyone must bear the burden. Even those who don't want a pool, are disabled, can't swim, are too old to swim, have no time to swim, or are allergic to the chemicals... ALL of them must pay for it. ALL of them will pay for the guys to dig out the trench, the concrete guys to build the pool, the water, the chlorine, the employees to care for the pool, the annual maintenance of the pool, etc. etc. etc.

And why? Because "it's everyone's pool!" Just like "it's everyone's baby!"

The baby, the pool... both are yours whether you wanted them or not. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yikes. I never quite thought about it like this but this is a very good comparison. What a sick thing for the family to be saying, everyone will pay for it whether they like it or not. It is as if they're proud to be taxing the public. confused smiley

As a kid we had a membership to a private pool, which at the time was limited to our neighborhood for membership. At a certain point due to demand and a number of backyard pools increasing, they started allowing neighboring areas to also have membership. By keeping it private they could kick out any members for non-payment or bad behavior of any kind. They also reserved the right to not allow neighboring areas to have access.

I later moved to an area with a public pool, which was paid for by everyone and not in the best shape. About every 5 years there was flood damage which caused it to have to be rebuilt and instead of building it at a higher elevation they refurbished it so it could be destroyed by floods repeatedly. There was also a surcharge for going to the pool. The entire town was divided on the pool that everyone was paying for.
May 29, 2016
freya
Yikes. I never quite thought about it like this but this is a very good comparison. What a sick thing for the family to be saying, everyone will pay for it whether they like it or not. It is as if they're proud to be taxing the public. confused smiley

They will be taxing the public, but mostly they'll be taxing themselves and their own time and energy. Everyone knows at least one family that is very spread out. Mom gets pregnant while teens are in the house, and gleefully announces that, "When the baby comes, everyone is going to have to pitch in here to get all of the work accomplished!"

Whether the older siblings and dad wanted the new baby or not, it makes no difference. Mom will be lauded with praise and attention... and the others will be doing most of the "pitching in" even though they had no desire for a new sibling.

freya
I later moved to an area with a public pool, which was paid for by everyone and not in the best shape. About every 5 years there was flood damage which caused it to have to be rebuilt and instead of building it at a higher elevation they refurbished it so it could be destroyed by floods repeatedly. There was also a surcharge for going to the pool. The entire town was divided on the pool that everyone was paying for.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Freeloaders vote themselves a pool at everyone else's expense and when it makes perfect sense to shut it down, they just can't imagine living without it... even though it's costing EVERYONE a fortune. And why was that site chosen, anyway? I'd say in large part because it was owned by "the town," and the land was low-bid. Even for those who wanted the pool, if the floods ever did come it's not like they actually owned the pool and had to deal with it. Nope. "The town" owned it. It's very likely no private individual would build a pool in a known flood zone, but government entities answer to no one when these projects begin... however, the chickens come home to roost years later when you've got a flooded municipal project that's owned by "everyone" and NO ONE wants to take any responsibility for it's shortcomings.

... and all the while you've got what amounts to probably the majority of taxpayers, feeling irate because they didn't want a fucking pool in the first place. the finger smiley
May 30, 2016
"It's everyone's baby!"
Say goodbye to your college funds, grandchildren, because all that money will be going to pay for this precious myrakel's every need. Like all the medical equipment it's going to need to keep it alive, because you know it'll come out completely fucked up.
And if Junior is lucky enough not to come out a tard, well, he/she can forget about having a life! Because from the time the kid hits middle school to the time ancient Moo croaks, it's whole life will revolve around feeding her and cleaning up her shit. And it will not be allowed to complain, because that's what famblee does 111! Never mind that Junior's 18 years old and should be going to college, but instead is stuck wiping the ass of a woman who had to have a kid at an age when she shouldn't have had kids, which ultimately destroyed her health.
May 30, 2016
If this moo thinks it's "Everyone's Baby" she's clearly deluded. Look at the number of children in the US in foster care. Most of them have extended family - just read a bio or two on a random state's foster kid adoption site, most of them state that the child wants to keep in touch with their bio family. My mother's family preached the "close knit Christian family" line for years, she had 10+ uncles and aunts -- when her parents relinquished her and her siblings to the state, none of those family members stepped up to adopt them or provide some sort of care or even visit them for five minutes at holidays.
May 30, 2016
maybe they'll put it in their will to make other famblee members responsible for the sex trophy.
there is quite the thread somewhere on that. here? my memory is totally garbage lately.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 30, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
freya

They will be taxing the public, but mostly they'll be taxing themselves and their own time and energy. Everyone knows at least one family that is very spread out. Mom gets pregnant while teens are in the house, and gleefully announces that, "When the baby comes, everyone is going to have to pitch in here to get all of the work accomplished!"

Whether the older siblings and dad wanted the new baby or not, it makes no difference. Mom will be lauded with praise and attention... and the others will be doing most of the "pitching in" even though they had no desire for a new sibling.

freya

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Freeloaders vote themselves a pool at everyone else's expense and when it makes perfect sense to shut it down, they just can't imagine living without it... even though it's costing EVERYONE a fortune. And why was that site chosen, anyway? I'd say in large part because it was owned by "the town," and the land was low-bid. Even for those who wanted the pool, if the floods ever did come it's not like they actually owned the pool and had to deal with it. Nope. "The town" owned it. It's very likely no private individual would build a pool in a known flood zone, but government entities answer to no one when these projects begin... however, the chickens come home to roost years later when you've got a flooded municipal project that's owned by "everyone" and NO ONE wants to take any responsibility for it's shortcomings.

... and all the while you've got what amounts to probably the majority of taxpayers, feeling irate because they didn't want a fucking pool in the first place. the finger smiley

Yes, this is exactly what happened. And is probably happening all over the place across the US.
May 31, 2016
freya

Yes, this is exactly what happened. And is probably happening all over the place across the US.

That doesn't surprise me. I don't mind the government taking charge of the real necessities such as infrastructure, police, fire, EMT, education, etc. The rest of the spending is mostly unnecessary largesse.

When local officials boast that "This project will be beneficial to the entire community...," you know a big tax hike is coming. And most of the time that "entire community" equals a few vocal proponents of things like public pools, which the vast majority of the community does not want or use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login