Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo refusing to pay phone bill, Ownage Pranks

Moo refusing to pay phone bill, Ownage Pranks
June 05, 2016
This bitch made my blood boil.

There is a YouTube channel I watch called Ownage Pranks. This guy uploads calls that he does using different voice impressions. In this one, he is pretending to work for T-Mobile.The guy calls moo saying she owes about $330 for using 16GB of data over her limit. The Moo refuses to pay, {she insinuates she wouldn't when speaking to "Russel" and then outright refuses to pay when speaking to "Rakesh"}. Moo also comes down with mad cow disease when "Rusell" suggest she teach her sprogs not to misuse their data.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0aA-dTuk0

I don't even know what to say. This bint needs to learn some common sense. A service was used. Payment is required. You wouldn't, having found your kid ate a whole cake, take the box back to the grocery store and demand a refund because you didn't want the kid to eat it all. You shouldn't refuse to pay your bill because you didn't want your kid to use too much data. This really made my blood boil. "Don't tell me how to raise my CHYLD!!!" and, implicitly, 'Don't expect me to pay for the consequences of not parenting my child!'

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Moo refusing to pay phone bill, Ownage Pranks
June 05, 2016
That "refuse to pay" strategy gets blown up and quick by phone carriers who simply shut off the phone. The same kid who has no boundaries when it comes to overusing data will scream and yell at mom when the phone gets shut off. Next thing you know, mom is on the phone with AT&T or Verizon, giving her credit card number to provide immediate payment, plus re-activation fee, and increased monthly fees for their new, larger data plan.

Some parents just can't say "no" to their kids. Phone companies do not suffer from this problem.
June 05, 2016
This is why anyone under the age of 18 should only be allowed a prepaid phone. If the little shit wants to blow through all their minutes within three days, they don't get anymore minutes until next month. That might teach them to either ration their minutes or start finding ways of making money to buy more minutes. With a more typical type of phone with a monthly plan and all, a kid can easily run up charges, but with a prepaid phone, you get the charges before you get the minutes. Something like this would be far better for a stupid kid than something from Verizon or AT&T. I don't necessarily think it's bad for kids to have phones (never mind that previous generations, including mine, did just fine without a phone in their pockets at all times), but don't give them top-of-the-line types of phones because they can easily get lost, stolen, damaged, dropped or kids will go over the monthly minute limit and Moo and Duh have to pay for that shit.

Who the fuck cares if the kid gets picked on for having a crappy phone? Phones aren't accessories - they're means of communication. Nobody ever blinged out their landline phones with charms and apps. Kids will live without being glued to a phone 24/7. They learn that shit from their parents.

But then you get the real cancer curers doing shit like serial-calling 911 because it's the only number they can call without any minutes, which the parents need to be charged for too. I learned when I was fucking five what 911 was and that it wasn't a toy. I never once called it... though I did often call the 800 numbers on TV to order Zoobooks that I never paid for, but that's besides the point. Why the idjits at that call center filled the order of what was very clearly a young child is beyond me.
June 06, 2016
Maybe I missed something, but this is a prank, and she does not owe the money? I think he's an enormous asshole to cause people stress over bills. I'm not going to listen to it because I don't support being a jerk, there's nothing funny about acting like an overgrown brat.
June 06, 2016
yurble
Maybe I missed something, but this is a prank, and she does not owe the money?.

No, as far as I know she doesn't owe that much. What makes me mad is how she reacts when she thinks she owes money, and how she didn't catch on to it being a prank. Owing money sucks, but refusing to pay for services you used is not the answer. Even though she doesn't actually owe, she was under the impression that she did, and she did not handle that well. It also is telling of her parenting, or lack thereof, that she doesn't catch on to it being a prank. That she doesn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that her sprog's data is XYZ makes me think she didn't set a data limit on sprog's phone, and isn't monitoring the sprog. That's irresponsible, both as a parent and as an adult. I set a data limit on my phone, and I am 20. There is no reason someone under 18 should have open access to data.

Stolen from Shiny.
June 06, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
yurble
Maybe I missed something, but this is a prank, and she does not owe the money?.

No, as far as I know she doesn't owe that much. What makes me mad is how she reacts when she thinks she owes money, and how she didn't catch on to it being a prank. Owing money sucks, but refusing to pay for services you used is not the answer. Even though she doesn't actually owe, she was under the impression that she did, and she did not handle that well. It also is telling of her parenting, or lack thereof, that she doesn't catch on to it being a prank. That she doesn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that her sprog's data is XYZ makes me think she didn't set a data limit on sprog's phone, and isn't monitoring the sprog. That's irresponsible, both as a parent and as an adult. I set a data limit on my phone, and I am 20. There is no reason someone under 18 should have open access to data.

From what I understand, in the US there's a serious problem with debt collection (it was on Last Week Tonight), with incorrect information being given to claims companies and illegal harassment. Given that climate, I expect many people would become either aggressive or upset when called over a debt they have no knowledge of. I don't expect them to pick up on it being a "prank" because of all the stories of people being sued over debts they don't have.

I don't think it is fair to judge the actions of his victims when none of us would be shown in our best light if someone deliberately caused us stress, worry and anger. That would be like you being judged for a job interview after someone forced you to listen to a crying kid for two hours first. I can't get past that this guy fucks with people who did nothing to him for his own amusement. That makes him a much more irresponsible person than someone who refuses to pay an imaginary bill. It's unethical and it ought to be illegal.
June 06, 2016
@Yurble

While I agree that he caused her stress, I still think moos need to control their kid's phone use. We'll agree to disagree though.

Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login