Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2027 - hugeass strollers

Posted by Feh 
2027 - hugeass strollers
December 06, 2006
Generally, people with strollers in my area are pretty polite. However, the problems always seem come when you get a stroller in a giant crowd...
every summer there are many events around our capitol square that draw giant crowds, weekly farmers market, out door concerts, art fair and a food fair. Always it's the breeders who make these events horrific nightmares of shin smashing anti-fun. Firstly, why the hell does one kid need a stroller the size of a dresser? Secondly, why do you bring a kid in a stroller to an event where all they're going to see is the mass of legs around them? Don't they make things that allow one to carry their child on their body in a comfortable and ergonomic manner? If your child is too big to carry, then maybe it's too big for a stroller as well. Yes, kids do get tired faster, but isn't that the parent's job, to monitor their child and when it's tired, take it home to sleep? Thirdly, where the hell do they get the idea that if they've got a stroller they not only have the right of way while strolling around but it's also their pass to ram through lines of people waiting around food stands, bathrooms or wherever? Is there some law that bars the phrase "excuse me" from ever passing your lips after you buy a stroller?

People with strollers are assholes.
BillyC
Re: 2027 - hugeass strollers
December 06, 2006
I endured a twin stroller shoving moo this afternoon at my doctor's office building. She nearly mowed down an older man using a walker, until the man's daughter came out of another office door and gave the moo holy hell. The guy's daughter looked mad enough to punch the moo in the mouth. The moo copped an attitude, but the guy's daughter would not take her shit and it almost came to blows.

Gotta love it when entitlemoos like her get put in their place! It's rare, but don't you just live for those moments?
RandomCFChick
December 06, 2006
Here's the amazing part: The hugeass stroller that monopolized the restroom hallway was a SINGLE-KID stroller! It wasn't even a double! Yes, the stroller for ONE kid was so big the mom had trouble opening the door! And gee, it's not like I could help, since I was busy sticking to the wall.

Oh, and yes there are backpack-type carriers out there for babies and toddlers. I don't know why more people don't use 'em!
Anonymous User
December 06, 2006
The ones that REALLY get to me are those damned "baby joggers". My friend and I were running in the Carlsbad 5000 (a really neato 5K race in Carlsbad, CA) and this jerk RAN OVER my friend's calf with that damned thing with a toddler in it when we had just passed the halfway point. Needless to say, we called out to the guy that an "Excuse me." was in order and we had to walk the remainder of the race (me walking, my friend limping). Fortunately, most races now ban those suckers and if I see one out on the course (I'm an avid marathon runner and just finished my 8th one last month--YAY!), I tell them to move it over to the right where the slower traffic is (you would not believe how these people spread out across the course!). This is then followed later that day or the next by a letter to the race director and inform them that baby joggers need to be banned from future races to ensure the safety of the runners.

The only other thing that bugs the heck out of me is kiddos getting in the pathway of runners. At the 26 mile marker (marathons are 26.2 miles long) of the Detroit marathon this October, this 5 year old was dancing on top of the manhole cover, fascinated with the steam coming out. Needless to say, when you're at the 26 mile marker, you just want to get the race DONE. I barked, GET OUT OF THE WAY OR YOU ARE GOING TO GET RUN OVER! to him and the adult looking after him and didn't look back. 3 weeks later at the Philadelphia marathon in November, again I'm at the LAST mile marker (going up a hill by the way) when a family decides to cross the course and is trying to figure out which way to go. I again barked out, GET OUT OF THE WAY! It doesn't matter if I am jogging slowly! YOU ARE ON THE COURSE AND ARE NOT A RACER--GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Another one--DO NOT BRING THOSE DAMNED STROLLERS TO THE MARATHON EXPOS BEFOREHAND! These events are typically VERY crowded as thousands of runners are going to pick up their race numbers & t-shirts and some of us are ducking in and out of there or would like to shop for running gear without being jostled. Not to mention the fact that the goodies provided by the various vendors are for the RACERS because they know we will actually BUY their stuff!
Lady War-Dog
December 07, 2006
I live 4 miles away from work, so in the evenings I walk home. My route takes me through the mall (faster and safer than being out on the sidewalk, as there is a lot of traffic around there). Most of the time, those huge strollers are being used as de-facto shopping carts while the moo carries the baby/toddler in her arms. WTF? Why are you buying so much crap that you have to use the stroller for it instead of transportation for your sprog? Either A) don't buy more crap than you can carry and push the stroller at the same time; cool smiley take some crap out to the car and come back to complete your shopping; or C) leave the sprog at home! It's not rocket science people!
RandomCFChick
December 08, 2006
I've seen the stroller/shopping cart thang, too...and I have noticed that the adult who's pushing the stroller has less control when they're carrying the kid. I give them a very wide berth as I walk by. Yeah, at that point a trip to the car is in order.
wyckedred
December 09, 2006
The purpose of having those hugeass strollers when you're shopping is, of course, to avoid having to stand in those irritating lines and actually PAY for the stuff.

If anyone catches you, you say, "Oh, I'm soooo sorry! Little Snotteleigh must have been playing with that and dropped it in there by mistaaake! Tee-hee! You know what it's like, trying to watch a chyyyyld..." and thereby avoid getting prosecuted for shoplifting.

Think I'm kidding? Google "stroller" and "shoplifting" or "loss prevention" ...but only if you've got a couple hours. winking smiley

- wr
Fattie
December 09, 2006
I did do the Google search on "stollers" and "loss prevention" and found some breeder whining about "emotional distress" here: http://www.injusticeline.com/stricklin.html
hotty
December 10, 2006
OK...first off,anybody can sue anybody anytime for anything civily. Secondly, if he had such an outstanding, experienced attorney, that attorney would have KNOWN who was sitting the bench that day and had the case continued until a more favorable or desired person was at the bench. He would have done his research on this judge to see what his/her judgments were like with regards to cases like theirs and played his game on that - dumbass. Thrirdly, it is very common for members of the BOC to sit a Municiple bench.

Municiple court is the lowest form of the court systems and are not the place to think you can fight with a big-wig attorney and win. They found themselves in the same courtroom as those with speeding tickets who just SWEAR they weren't speeding; county and/or city ordinance violations and the like.

The thousands of dollars the complainant speaks of were costs incurred by HIS attorney, not by a municiple court system as their costs are minimal. They were banking on principle, and that is generally a stupid thing to gamble on.

If their attorney was so brilliant, he would have suggested a no-lo if this was her first offense, or either not gulity. If the judge in fact found the offender gulity, yes there would have been a probably minimal fine, with jail time MORE THAN LIKELY REVOKED, and she would have had a not guilty plea on record, having been found gulity by a judge.

I've seen this so many times. People get to be real smart-asses in court with their smug attitudes and expensive attorneys. They always wind up getting screwed-over, many times for their high and mighty expectations.

She probably will not place un-paid articles in her stroller anymore - stupid bitch.

Hotty
December 11, 2006
BillyC, another rare but highly satisfying moment is when I'm heading into or out of a public place and there is a moo behind me with a stroller. As I saunter on through the door, unimpeded, it gives me great satisfaction to watch the moo struggle with the door, the stroller, and the brat. Life is good. smiling smiley
December 11, 2006
Boo fucking hoo...there are people who are in PRISON for YEARS because their third strike was to shoplift a $5 frozen pizza. If the worst thing that happened when you LEFT THE STORE WITH SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR is that you had to breast feed in front of store security (and that's worse than breastfeeding in front of strangers at a starbucks how?), pay a $250 fine...well consider yourself lucky if that's your only brush with the "injustices of society" because at least you can freaking drive down the street without getting pulled over and beaten by the cops. Or shot by the cops when you pull out your wallet....

If one can't manage to shop with children, without forgetting to pay for things, perhaps that is nature's way of saying...GET A SITTER. Apparently they're rich enough to, since they bragged about spending over $1000 in the store in previous months, and were able to buy a high priced attorney. The entitled rich really piss me off.
December 11, 2006
Really..... cry me a river. Poor bastards. Having to feed her child in front of "incompetent" people. I guess that is far worse than whipping out your utters in front of "competent" people. So in other words, if you are going to breast feed your loaf, make sure everyone around you is competent so as not to emotionally SCAR the almighty fuck trophy.

And give me a break, if his wife is so competent and such a fabulous moo, able to take care of 3 kyds and all, then she shouldn't be so absent-minded about items she is piling on the stroller that she "intends" to purchase. I love how they added the part about "helping a lost toadler finds it's moo." How touching. As if that is supposed to excuse her.

I love this line, "The judge, an unmarried fortysomething woman with no children........" OH YES, THE FACT THAT SHE IS UNMARRIED AND CHILDFREE - MAKES HER TOTALLY UNQUALIFIED TO HANDLE THE CASE. And yes, we had to add the part about it being "personal" because don't you know, everyone is jealous of a childed breeder with a mess of a life?

I also love how in the beginning of the this guy's post, he brags how they are well off and have far more than the means to pay for the shirt, having spent upwards of $1000 in a month's time in the department store, YET in the end of his letter, he cries how if they appeal it will take away from they kyds kollege fund. Boo fucking hoo.

I admit, the justice system isn't perfect but I think this sends a nice message to the breeders.

Breeders, their audacity, ignorance, laziness, and their entitlement-mindedness make me sick.
December 11, 2006
see the childfree judge would be perfect because she has no axe to grind, she isnt going to let them off if they are cf or not, kids or not..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
December 11, 2006
wyckedred Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The purpose of having those hugeass strollers when
> you're shopping is, of course, to avoid having to
> stand in those irritating lines and actually PAY
> for the stuff.
>
> If anyone catches you, you say, "Oh, I'm soooo
> sorry! Little Snotteleigh must have been playing
> with that and dropped it in there by mistaaake!
> Tee-hee! You know what it's like, trying to watch
> a chyyyyld..." and thereby avoid getting
> prosecuted for shoplifting.
>
> Think I'm kidding? Google "stroller" and
> "shoplifting" or "loss prevention" ...but only if
> you've got a couple hours. winking smiley
>
> - wr

So true! Just a couple of weeks ago, on the news there were TWO stories about moos trying to steal shit by stashing it in the stroller, as well as stuffing things into the kids' clothing. One story had two moos who tried to steal from Mall*Wart, the other had a moo/grandmoo team at Kohl's.

I might also add that breeders have been known to use those Hugh Jass car carts at the stupidmarket for the same purpose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login