Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entitled brat in training at Starbucks

Posted by cfdavep 
Entitled brat in training at Starbucks
June 03, 2016
http://community.today.com/post/i-wont-let-that-starbucks-child-ruin-my-day

An article about what Starbuck's customers/workers run into.
Re: Entitled brat in training at Starbucks
June 03, 2016
Take-no-crap PNB
A tall, black, easy-to-pour, easy-to-remember, minimal-effort-on-your-part, keep-the-line-moving coffee. No kids. Got that?”

Brilliant. The part about him not-too-softly asking the kid if he'd just rather ditch the low-foam-medium-ice-one-pump-of-caramel-whatever nonsense was pretty genius too. If my dad was around he'd high-five this guy.

And preschoolers ordering at Starbucks? I wasn't even allowed to drink coffee at that age. I didn't start drinking coffee till I was in college, mostly because there were always huge tanks of it in the library around midterms and finals (caffeine won't keep me up but I do like the taste). These "precocious" kids confound me. Just what about Shitford prattling off an 18-syllable order to the barista qualifies him to be the next Steve Jobs?
June 03, 2016
Keep on paying for your preschooler's (!!!!!) coffee habit and don't be surprised when he moves on from caffeine and sugar and you're bankrolling his teenage heroin or coke habit. With an extra fancy coffee and special yoghurt with granola on the side, of course.

It is obnoxious enough being stuck behind the slow-assed toadler who insists on hitting the elevator button, walking slowly with a bunch of people behind it or insisting on handing over the credit card/cash for the moo or duh because it is sooo independent!
June 04, 2016
I love how the moo in the story snaps at him that he must not have children. As if there's no possible way someone could be annoyed by her behavior if they themselves were a parent. Not everyone believes that having a 4 year old in tow allows you to disrupt the morning commute of the fifteen other customers stuck in line behind you.
June 04, 2016
A four year old should not be having coffee! There IS a kids menu which will regulate them to hot chocolate or a juice or something like that. I'd hate to be this kids teacher if it goes to pre-school, dealing with this little hyped up crack monkey all day.

The white mocha frappe has 90 MG of caffeine, and depending on the individual flavor it ranges to 110. I got the info here. So in addition to the caffeine intake the kid is getting hyped up on sugar as well. 90 mg is more than enough for adults, so I can imagine what it does to an already hyperactive four year old boy.

Starbucks is no place for a toadler at 8:30 in the morning when they are at their busiest. The barista's are having a hard enough time keeping every other order straight so they can keep things moving, let alone have a brat be demanding. What happens when caffeine won't do it for the kid anymore? By elementary school they will be doing uppers and downers and the parents will wonder 'what happened?' They will always throw the blame elsewhere as they are 'good parents' and 'raised their kid right' not stopping to think for one second that they are to blame for the amount of caffeine the kid ingested when it was barely able to get around on it's own and speak full sentences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
June 04, 2016
freya
Keep on paying for your preschooler's (!!!!!) coffee habit and don't be surprised when he moves on from caffeine and sugar and you're bankrolling his teenage heroin or coke habit. With an extra fancy coffee and special yoghurt with granola on the side, of course.

It is obnoxious enough being stuck behind the slow-assed toadler who insists on hitting the elevator button, walking slowly with a bunch of people behind it or insisting on handing over the credit card/cash for the moo or duh because it is sooo independent!

I grew up drinking coffee - from the cradle. And so did my kid brother. Our family is Swedish, and Swedes (at least the American ones) add coffee to their kids' formula. When we grew old enough to drink milk out of a glass, our parents put a few tablespoons of coffee into the milk. The older we got, the more coffee and less milk went into the glass. By high school I was having a cup of coffee with my breakfast.

And guess what? I'm not a drug addict.
June 04, 2016
skyeyes
freya

I grew up drinking coffee - from the cradle. And so did my kid brother. Our family is Swedish, and Swedes (at least the American ones) add coffee to their kids' formula. When we grew old enough to drink milk out of a glass, our parents put a few tablespoons of coffee into the milk. The older we got, the more coffee and less milk went into the glass. By high school I was having a cup of coffee with my breakfast.

I know!! I'm Irish and we had tea in our baby bottles!! I sometimes had coffee and I know my some of my schoolmates were coffee drinkers but we all drank tea. I dont know any drug addicts. I'm not.

I realise there's some cultural difference but I think this is all bullshit. The kid ordered in a timely manner. He was encouraged to order for himself which is a good thing and it was the barrista's fault the drink was wrong. The barrista tried to rip off the mom by giving the kid a smaller cup. why is there such hatred?

This place is beginning to sound as immature and whiny as Reddit. "Boohoo somebody was living their life their way at me. Even though it doesn't encroach on my life at all"

The mom was right in this case to call the man out.
June 04, 2016
Jelly tot:
Your input is neither valued nor required.
Mooove on!
June 04, 2016
cassia
Jelly tot:
Your input is neither valued nor required.
Mooove on!

I'm not a mom actually. I just don't see what the big deal that this mysogynist is wailing about. By the way I don't give a shit about your input either. It's a discussion board. Not an agree with Cassia board .Again this place is turning into whiney millenial shit. So here's a whiney response: I was here first eye rolling smiley
June 04, 2016
In case someone brings up the 'train them to order' argument: If someone wants to train their chyuld how to order properly at Starbucks, they can very well do it at like 3pm or something where there isn't a massive line of half-dead workers needing their morning boost. If said brat absolutely must get their age-inappropriate overly-sweetened stimulant during the morning rush, moo or duh can very well order for them.

Back to this case: the barista is at fault for messing up, yes, but from moo's attitude you can tell she has zero consideration for those around her (and people like her are half the reason why this board exists). And of course she thinks anybody who has sprogged will condone her obnoxious behavior. The kid himself probably doesn't know he's being a nuisance with all the elaborate designs on his drink; he's just a product of stellar pahrunting skills.
June 04, 2016
Sorry to offend, but IMHO Starbucks is just a McDonalds-esque, franchised, coffee milkshake bar for trendies/yuppies/hipsters - no respecting coffeephile would be caught dead drinking that swill. We had one Starbucks that opened here in South Oz, and due to having 1/2 a century of well made European cafes, the place shut shop very soon after opening in no small order to lack of patronage.

As for the oversized fetus ordering coffee (apart from getting them addicted to something early), although he wasn't being particularly obnoxious, he was learning to be pedantic, neurotic and inconsiderate dipshit from his mother. The whole 'low foam'/'quarter/half' foam nonsense when there's a huge line up is the height of inconsiderateness. It was plainly obvious that the incompetent staff couldn't please the insane requests of this OCD-Moo, but she continued to insist on it, as well as throw in the pedantic brat wanting his perfect cuppa. This just smells of the entitled 'everything has to be perfect for me, but screw everyone else' attitude all so common to the Moos mentioned here.
June 04, 2016
The way I read it was the mom ordered and then the kid ordered. The kid was obviously already trained. He didn't hold up the line. The barrista got the drink wrong. That's what held up the line.

It seems to be two seperate issues. Can anyone enlighten me?

1. Should kids be drinking coffee? As stated by me and another poster it's entirely a cultural issue. Kids in Europe drink tea and coffee. We see no issue. Maybe the mother isn't American. I don't get why the writer is so angry over this cultural difference. Why is he so vitriolic?

2. He can buy a keurig or similar and make plain black coffee. He went to a place known for complicated drinks and was surprised and angry when people ordered complicated drinks. He made out that the mother was disorganised but he's the one who can't make himself a coffee before he leaves the house. Why are the other customers the rude inconsiderate ones? Why is the mother rude for wanting what she paid for and not just taking the cheaper option she was given?
June 05, 2016
Annoying troll shows up twice a year to tell our posters how whiny and immature our members are.
June 05, 2016
Again not a troll just a lurker. Either way back to lurking for me if you can't answer my question and just calls names.
June 05, 2016
If a parent wants their kid to have caffeine, their decision as long as it's not a lethal amount. I personally think it's stupid, but it's their decision.

From reading the article, the Moo and her kid sounded rude. It's not an age thing, it's a manners thing.

The barrista got the kid's drink correct, but it was a tall instead of a grande. The Moo missed a teaching opportunity: "Snotleigh, she got your drink right, but it's the wrong size. We don't want to hold up the line, so drink it and be happy. " She could have asked for her money back, (a credit for the difference between the two drinks) which may have been quicker than making another drink. As for the Moo, I think her order was ridiculous, between a quarter and half the amount of foam? Get over yourself.

And I don't care that Snotleigh "likes to order it himself." Kids are always slower. Moo is the adult and she can be the better, more civilized person and she can forego this teaching moment in a crowded venue.

I myself have lived through Moos allowing their kids to swipe their cards in the grocery store "because they like to do it" or ordering at Subway when they can barely see the counter, pointing at ingredients mutely, and having a shit fit when the sandwich maker grabs the wrong ingredient.

I want to apply bodily harm to these bovine Moos: PLEASE, for the love of all that's holy, would you order for your spayshul snowflake or just conduct your fucking transaction in the most efficient way possible so the rest of us can check out and/or just get our damned food and be on our way?

The comments to this article are mostly favorable. I think the world is tired of these idiots clogging up lines and fucking things up.
June 05, 2016
I am not that picky. don 't think I was that picky as a kid. Yep, order got screwed up, happens a hell of a lot of time. The kid did it very well at the first imo. Problem was the nit picking. too much foam? just scrape it off.

if the kid gets a buzz, it'll probably be kiddy warehouse that has to put up with it.
and the best thing to do in this instance would be to open a second register if one was available (hopefully)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 05, 2016
skyeyes
freya

Did your coffee have 90 mg of caffeine plus a god awful amount of sugar in it? I would guess a small amount of coffee may be good health wise.... but experts are always changing their minds about coffee.

This 4 year old is drinking more coffee than I do. And he isn't old enough to decide how much coffee and sugar he can handle.
June 21, 2016
Sure you aren't.eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login