Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heroin moos and duhs

Posted by freya 
Heroin moos and duhs
June 29, 2016
“When women are pregnant, if they were to quit heroin cold-turkey, they could miscarry,” she said. “It’s a dangerous strategy. Having someone take Subutex is a safer way for them to move through their pregnancy.”

Because a baby being born with opiate withdrawal every 25 minutes just isn't often enough. Subutex puts money in the pockets of the pharmaceutical industry AND aims to increase the frequency of babies born with opiate withdrawal to every 12 minutes!
Re: Heroin moos and duhs
June 30, 2016
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2001.tb00140.x/pdf

People with addictions shouldn't have chyldrun.

RA review of the research published by the Harvard Review of Psychiatry
found that pills like these can at least double the chances of staying clean...

confused smiley They are just exchanging an illegal drug (heroin) for a legal drug (pills).
Where exactly is the improvement?
June 30, 2016
Fail of the year
...she was so high on heroin that she didn’t realize that she was five months pregnant

If you're too high to make a life-altering decision.....I just can't. Where's that brick wall emoticon when you need it?

I wonder how many of them try to sue the hospital after their loaves emerge with a crapton of birth defects. It would be a goldmine of easy drug money if they won (not that they'd have a snowball's chance in hell, but the thought of it probably could turn some of them on). Never mind that no moo-dicted crackhead should be shitting out a kid in the first place, but if you can't come up with $17 a day for your own medication like the teenmoo in the article, how are you ever going to finance a screaming mouth to feed?

As an aside, anyone should be leery of statements that recommend a specific name brand of medication instead of just the type of medication. Doctors are often paid to promote name brands by big pharma whether or not the drug is actually safe or effective (Risperdal, anyone?).
June 30, 2016
Fail of the year
...she was so high on heroin that she didn’t realize that she was five months pregnant

And this is one reason abortion should be free and available far into the pregnancy. And I don't want to hear bullshit about what about her opportunity to turn her life around by reproducing: what about a person's right to start life without a fuckton of avoidable problems stemming from parental drug abuse?
July 01, 2016
What they need, not only free, but shoved at them is BIRTH CONTROL!!!! I would be very happy for my tax dollars to go for IUDs for heroin addicts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login