Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Germany's "raven moos"

Posted by cfdavep 
Germany's "raven moos"
June 27, 2016
I guess Germans use the term "Raven Mothers" to descibe mothers who dare to have jobs and careers
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-12703897

Notice how they use the word raven, as in the color black therefore "ebil"

I hope that is the right link. I didn't know Germany was sooooo breederific
Re: Germany's "raven moos"
June 27, 2016
I live in GER.
The "Raven Mother" exists in Eastern EU languages as well.

One credible estimate, by the Institute for Economic Research, says no more than 2.2% of senior management jobs
in the biggest German companies are taken by women.

A stark contrast to the US:

Out of the 45 countries examined, the United States ranks in the bottom 10 for the percentage of women in senior
management positions, with women occupying 22 percent of senior roles

Btw. Recently, I read an article about an aid organisation that helps homeless women over 50 in GER.
It said that a lot of homeless women are abandoned housewives.
June 27, 2016
Here is another

https://psmag.com/rabenmutter-germany-waging-the-war-for-talent-without-women-d01a59bb09d8?gi=6ea7945306a6

Seems as though women are having less sprogs so they can work and then are being blamed for not breeding against the immigrants.

I have to admit I love the German language
June 27, 2016
cfdavep
Here is another

https://psmag.com/rabenmutter-germany-waging-the-war-for-talent-without-women-d01a59bb09d8?gi=6ea7945306a6

Seems as though women are having less sprogs so they can work and then are being blamed for not breeding against the immigrants.

I have to admit I love the German language

Lost in the "breeding versus career" question is the sheer fact that western nations will not need more babies -or- immigrants in the coming years.

With global population about to eclipse 10b by mid-century, the shit will be hitting the fan, big time. Far too many people, not enough food or resources.

Nations will need strong borders and a strong military. More people will only add to a diminishing quality of life.
June 27, 2016
Stolen from Reddit:

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/regretting-motherhood-debate-rages-in-germany

Speaking to AFP, Vinken said Donath's study touched a chord in Germany because it
"radically questions the joy of having children in a society that expects everything
from mothers
, and where the mothers demand everything of themselves."

The notion that children's well-being depends on their mothers and not on the society around them
or their fathers, is deeply entrenched in Germany and creates real obstacles to women's careers.

"It's not like in France, where you can have a glass of champagne during your pregnancy, limit the time
you breastfeed and go back to work and adult life three months after giving birth," Vinken said, contrasting
Germany with its far more fecund neighbour.

A mother who returns to the office without taking maternity leave for a year - or often three - opens herself up
to being branded a "Rabenmutter" (raven mother) - women who dump their kids in childcare so they can
pursue their personal goals.

Yep, as breederific as they make them.
June 27, 2016
I read the article. One thing I found interesting is that birth rates are much higher in France, where mothers are not demonized for having a life of their own.
June 27, 2016
@ ondinette:
They have also much better daycare system for chyldrun in FRA than in GER.
It's not a problem to go back to work three months after giving birth in FRA.
In GER, the fresh moo either won't find an available daycare or
the daycare is from 8am to 4 pm and moo has to work from 9 to 5.
June 28, 2016
Well ravens are awesome.cool smileysmoking smiley
July 01, 2016
If they think kids should be at home and taken care of by their family members, men are more than welcome to volunteer. But no, fuck women and their ambitions, right?

I knew Germany was breederific, but it's worse than I thought. I grew up in the Balkans - the freaking Balkans - and, while it IS bad*, few people bat an eye at a female doctor, engineer, politician or any other working woman whose kids are in daycare.

*It's often difficult for a CL/CF woman to find work, since employers automatically assume we'll start popping kids right away.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
July 01, 2016
I also grew up in Eastern Europe and having kids in daycare or just passing them to grandparents or other relatives is not frowned upon, people know you can't manage on one salary and there is no welfare.

The difficulty in finding work if you don't have kids is an everyday reality and where i live now it's even worse because women can take up to 3 years maternity/parent leave and the woman's employer is forced by law to pay the moo and find a replacement. Men's employers do not pay a dime because men are not the ones to take free time in order to be with their kids and even if men wanted to take care of the kids they still don't get money because the law is made in such a way to keep women at home. And women here do get lots of money for staying at home and popping out kids. It's not even an option to go to work if you have a low-wage job because maternity benefits are higher than your salary.

I really hate this system because it makes it harder to find a job if you are of calving age, it pushes women to stay at home on benefits and automatically their salary and retirement will be lower => poverty and it's unfair for men who want to stay home and take care of the kids. Not to mention that small companies can go bankrupt if few female employers get knocked up (it did happen actually).
July 03, 2016
OMFG!

One would think that the Germans would have moved past that old fucking stereotype of "kinder, kirche, kuche" mentality.

Our PNB neighbors to the north sold their house to a wonderful German couple--and they are truly a couple--no old-fashioned mentality there!

Wasn't the Brexit vote by the ignorati bad enough that we now have this fucking breeder mentality back in the biggest Euro state?

UGH..the finger smiley
July 04, 2016
cfbitchfromla
Wasn't the Brexit vote by the ignorati bad enough that we now have this fucking breeder mentality back in the biggest Euro state?

It's hardly new. The German tax system has been wildly pro-breeder for years, and then there are the parental support laws. Germany is quite unquestioning of the status quo.

I have never met so many people just accepting their fate as in Germany. People assuming they'll have to have kids when they get older, even though they don't want kids, because it would be weird not to. People who don't have kids, thinking it is just that breeders get all the social benefits while they cannot even afford to live without roommates. People who blatantly state that the lives of those without children are worth less. People who repeat the party line that those who don't reproduce are failing in their duty to the state.

They appear to have all drunk the pro-natalism koolaid, and yet they still don't reproduce as much as the government tells them they ought to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login