Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a kid with a guy with Type 1 diabetes

Posted by cfdavep 
Having a kid with a guy with Type 1 diabetes
June 30, 2016
https://gma.yahoo.com/mississippi-lawmaker-asks-mom-buy-daughters-diabetes-meds-232301369--abc-news-health.html

Moo in Mississippi has a kid who turns out to have Type 1 diabetes. The husband has it so if that is her bio father she had a kid with a guy with that disease. I know of a girl who was in her early 20s who died in her sleep from Type 1. It is either pills or a needle to keep blood sugar under control or death.

Anyway the moo wrote to a lawmaker bringing up the cost of the meds and was told to get a job to pay for it. The girl is not on her father's insurance for some reason, maybe it is not the bio father.

My aunt's husband has Type 2 and he was told it is about equivalent to having HIV, but type one is the bad one.

People will have a kid and tell themselves the sprog will not inherit the diseases of their parents
Re: Having a kid with a guy with Type 1 diabetes
June 30, 2016
cfdavep
People will have a kid and tell themselves the sprog will not inherit the diseases of their parents

Yep, and wound up having a kid she can't afford to take care of. Guice's response clearly marks him as an out of touch asshole, but the ultimate responsibility for the kid is squarely on her.
June 30, 2016
Even animals know not to pass on their bad genes.
July 01, 2016
I inherited some nasty crippling arthritis, but it doesn't show up until age 50.
July 03, 2016
Gotta love people. There are some dumbasses in my town who have something called Li-Fraumeni syndrome, which makes a person significantly more likely to develop several types of cancers (I think the odds of them getting some kind of cancer is like 1000% higher than that of a normal person), and if one parent is a carrier, their offspring has a 50 percent chance of inheriting the disease. Welp, I guess this family's rampant history of cancer wasn't enough to deter them from reproducing (they didn't know they were carriers for this syndrome, but still, when every single family member has at least one form of cancer, should that not be a sign that your genes suck?), so they went and had three kids, two of whom have already died fairly young (before 30).

I wish that genetic testing was required for people looking to breed. I understand that some folks may not know they have a problem or are predisposed to one, but there are others who know damn well they and their families are sick and they go and breed anyway. If you don't want a sick kid, then don't breed with someone who's sick or if you're sick yourself. Don't breed when there's a history of major problems in either your family or your partner's. I mean, it's real nice if Mommy and Daddy want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend like their kid won't be born sick because it's their kid, but then the kid will probably wind up sick anyway. A life forced into existence to suffer for quite possibly the entire time it's alive just so Moo and Duh can have their own way.

And of course these sickly fuckers wouldn't DREAM of trying to foster or adopt healthy kids because they just can't love a child that isn't their own flesh and blood. Nope, it's much better to roll the dice and hope for the best! What's the fun in reproducing if you can't make it a little dangerous, right? After all, it's not the parents' lives being gambled with - it's the kid's.
July 04, 2016
And let me guess, they probably all found work in the asbestos factory in their small town too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login