Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-biotics making the parenting decision

Posted by cfdavep 
Anti-biotics making the parenting decision
July 06, 2016
http://www.popsugar.com/moms/What-Like-Get-Tubal-Ligation-27333379

No wonder many people do not respect women who are CF. Moo "didn't know" that anti-biotics interfere with the pill and then when anti-biotics "won out" over the pill, moo gleefully gave birth, then went on to have two more and only got a tubal when their $$$ and sanity were at the breaking point. Thats when most people are ok with tubals, when kids are breaking the parents. Ugh I just noticed Pop Sugar.
Re: Anti-biotics making the parenting decision
July 06, 2016
"She explained that they cauterized my tubes, then moved everything else back to where it was supposed to be. She told me that's why I hurt so badly, and warned me that recovering from a tubal ligation was worse than childbirth. She was right."

Oh really, cupcake? I had my slash-and-burn, and I was okay. I had a little pain, but nothing like that. I get everyone tolerates pain differently, but this article reeks of bullshit. tongue sticking out smiley

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
July 06, 2016
Antibiotics interfering with birth control is something that I think needs more attention than it gets, at least in this area. I've had a lot of antis prescribed for me, and was never asked if I was on BC. I didn't know it would have been a problem (I've never needed chemical BC) until I was in my 30s, and that's frightening to me. I consider myself pretty well educated, too. It's just not something any of my doctors ever mentioned.

As for the tubal, I haven't had one, but my sister did. Recovery for her was no big deal, either.
July 06, 2016
From what I understand, only certain antibiotics interfere with birth control. I don't know what ones, but I think only a handful actually cause a problem.

I will never understand women who use some sort of protection and, if it fails, they just go ahead and sluice the clump. I'm sorry, but if you're going out of your way to use condoms or the pill or a diaphragm or what-the-hell-ever, that implies that you're trying to not have kids because you don't want them, or don't want them just yet. So why would you keep one that gets conceived in spite of your efforts to prevent conception? I mean I already know the answer to this: these women will say that it was "meant to be" if a pregnancy manages to occur despite contraception.

No, it wasn't "meant to be." Odds are really good that birth control wasn't being used faithfully and there were a few "tee-hee oopsies" here and there where a pill was forgotten, a condom wasn't used or withdrawal was relied on. Or it could have been that one or both people were using birth control correctly and constantly and it was just shit luck. Why not abort in this case? It's obvious you didn't want to have a kid since you were taking measures to prevent them, so why have it? Getting pregnant doesn't mean you're automatically ready to raise a brat, especially one that wasn't even planned.

That baby — my boy — was unexpected, but wow, was he wanted.

That makes no sense. At what other time is anything ever unexpected and wanted at the same time? I mean, maybe winning the lottery, but even with the odds stacked against them, people still are hopeful.

But after three I knew that our budget and our sanity were both at the tipping point. I knew that relying on birth control pills wasn't going to cut it (no pun intended)

Well that's a great family planning strategy - keep on breedin' with reckless abandon until you can't take it anymore. Rather than, y'know, stopping when you don't want more. And yeah, BC wouldn't work for your dumb ass if you don't take it right or take other medications that make it not do its job.

I told my doctor at one of my monthly appointments that I was thinking about tubal ligation; she said "great," jotted a note in my chart, and told me that it was "no problem." That was it; no questions about whether or not I was really ready, no caution about what it might feel like, no warnings about anything.

Consider yourself lucky, bitch. Almost all women who want tubals who don't have kids get laughed at and told how immature they are and how they don't know what they really want because they're silly, unbred wimmins.

I find it very, very hard to believe that a tubal would hurt as much as this woman is saying. I'm not saying it wouldn't hurt because cauterization would definitely cause some noticeable owwies, but to say it's worse than childbirth is some pretty dramatic exaggeration. How could the burning of two little tubes compare to having your taint shredded like deli meat? Give it like two years - I guarantee Moo's loins will be quivering for another baybee and she and her husband will drive themselves into bankruptcy getting a tubal reversal, and further fueling the "you'll change your mind" fire for women who want to get sterilized without breeding first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login