Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holiday Pet

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Holiday Pet
December 08, 2006
I swear, a certain breeder co-worker here can be glad that assault and battery is illegal.

This chick's got 3 kids, the youngest is a year old and their only guuurrrl. Yesterday I overhear her praddling on how she and hubby are going to get the kyds a dog for Christmas, especially little so-and-so cuz she's so speshul cuz she's their only BAYBEE gurl and she's at the age where she's starting to know what's going on and all..........

THEN the kicker. She says, "Yea, well, we've never had pets before so we're going to see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, we can always take it to one of the local shelters and they can find a home for it." My blood was boiling at this point. I had to say something, so, in my calmest voice, I said, "G***, you really shouldn't get a pet until you are absolutely sure it is going to be something the family can handle. Shelters are so overrun with unwanted holiday gift pets." Her reply? "Oh please, they are only animals."

TYPICAL BREEDER MENTALITY. I hate her.
Anonymous User
Re: Holiday Pet
December 08, 2006
What an evil c*nt! And I bet they will be buying the dog from a pet store, as opposed to adopting one from a shelter. Yet they'll burden the shelter with the dog if they "can't handle it".

This "oh, it's just an animal" attitude chaps my ass no end. No, you imbecile breederscum, it's a living, breathing creature who will be come attached to you when you take it into your home.

KFLL, I don't know how you got way from that conversation WITHOUT beating the shit out of that stupid moo.
CFScorpio
December 08, 2006
I would have been furious if I overheard that! Are those the values that she's going to pass onto her kids? It's too bad you can't find out where she is planning to get the dog, so you could warn them not to sell it to her!
Anonymous
December 08, 2006
I am a regular member on the site but am posting under the 'anonymous' alias due to the touchy nature of my response.

Having a pet is a very heavy responsibility. For the breeder to make the comment of how she can take an unwanted animal to the shelter is cruel.

Holiday pets are a very bad idea. Most shelter or shops will not sell or give away black cats during Halloween or rabbits and chicks during Easter for the reason that was mentioned in the beginning of the thread.

I am posting as an 'anonymous' this time around despite usually being an open book about my own life because I do have to move by March. I want to do it earlier for personal reasons.

I have pets. I cannot take all 3 with me. Damn, I did not think I could even take one which is truly mine. I have felt guilt over the animals winding up at the shelter over a personal crisis.

Thankfully, I learned that one can go with me which does ease a lot of the guilt. This has not been an easy journey for me.
Andy
December 08, 2006
Anonymous, I'm sorry to hear that. One of my best friends just went through that-she moved to another country for work and had to leave her cat behind. But she's going to get to see the evil furry one at Christmas, so that's good news smiling smiley

KFLL, I'm sorry you had to listen to that. As a dog mommy myself, I can't imagine life without my little guy and little girl. Yes, they shed, they're stubborn, they can be fussy, but they're my family. While there are justified reasons to give a pet to a shelter (health issues, if the pet becomes violent, moving and absolutely can't take the pet with you), giving a pet to a shelter because it doesn't fit into a perfect family isn't one of them. A pet is a living creature with a personality of it's own, and this breeder woman is just too stupid for words.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login