Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fun with noisy neighbors

Posted by cj 
Fun with noisy neighbors
September 30, 2016
Another Friday nite in Wisconsin, and the next-door neighbors are sitting around the firepit again. Normally this wouldn't be a problem since firepits are pretty common around here--just a nice way to spend time outdoors with friends. This firepit, though, is about six feet in diameter (the average is about two feet) and the neighbors love BIG fires. Plus they invite all their friends over, so there's 10-12 people outside yakking till the wee hours most Friday and Saturday nites. Swell.hitting over the head with a hammer

To add to the fun, these folks are all breeders (duh). Tonight, there were three untamed boy-sprogs having a grand old time teasing the host couple's dog. Said dog barks a lot anyway, and since he's on a leash he can't go after the li'l shits. They keep running up to dog, flapping and shrieking like idiots, then running away. I'm checking this out through our kitchen window, hoping someone can see me. This goes on for maybe 10-15 minutes intermittently.

Then all of a sudden there's a loud "YIPE" from dog, and the adults (sic) are in a tizzy. They get the shits rounded up and everybody goes in the house. Hmmm. After maybe a half hour, they come back outside, but much quieter this time. I'm still wondering wtf happened. Is the dog okay? I mean, the li'l shits were behaving obnoxiously toward him. Have decided I will call the police if I hear anymore loud barking, and be damned what the neighbors think. We have to move before long anyway.

It takes a child to raze a village.
Re: Fun with noisy neighbors
September 30, 2016
Ugh breeders. I wish there were CF neighborhoods, like those 55+ ones but for anyone over 18

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
October 01, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
Ugh breeders. I wish there were CF neighborhoods, like those 55+ ones but for anyone over 18
Frankly I'd love to live in a no kids aloud at anytime establishment. It would probably be very popular, but 1 or 2 idiots would of course think its a suggestion not a rule and let brats in at some point.

They probably threw something at the dog, the little shits. It's a shame more dog owners dont stand up to breeders about child control in the animals presence. My new back yard neighbours kid reguarlly throws things at my dog; the parents don't care that she's doing it. My guess is, she wants a doggie but they wont buy her one, so their fine with her interacting with mine over the fence (regardless of wether my dog and I mind).

At least they don't throw loud party's like yours CJ, I wouldn't be happy with noisy neighbours either.
October 01, 2016
I recently adopted a dog who is a big sweetie. She's friendly to everyone and loves attention, and even gets along great with my cats. She's an older lab and was purchased as a puppy (probably from a puppy mill) by a family that allowed their brats to mistreat her until she finally bit one of the little shits. They didn't even get her spayed or get her heart worm pills (she's being treated).

No one with children should be allowed to adopt a pet.
October 01, 2016
Do you notice that every time more than 2 kids get together, there's always a party-stopping incident involving blood, broken bones, vomit or all three? Chances are that Lil' Madisynne fell over the dog and bashed her head on the patio.

That sucks having loud neighbors with an incinerator of a fire pit. It's the tradeoff of living in an unincorporated area (no rules, therefore a redneck magnet) vs an HOA neighborhood (suburban gestapo measuring the blades of your grass).

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 01, 2016
The weird thing is we live in a small city (6000 people or so) and firepits are totally legal, as is trash-burning. Did I mention that I have allergies? We just stay in when the neighbors fire things up. BTW, their Kyd is around 7 months old, and they had the dog first. Poor critter. I'm sure he doesn't get the attention he used to.

It takes a child to raze a village.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login