Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone want a free kiddie scooter??

Posted by randomcfchick 
Anyone want a free kiddie scooter??
September 03, 2016
So I live in a condo complex that, historically, has had very, very few children in it. There are twin little girls who live one building over, and a tween who lives in my building (four units per building). They're really the only ones I see. The girls are often out jumping rope, playing hopscotch or ball...but they don't scream, and they don't leave their crap all over. Any toys go back inside when they're done. The tween in my building is hardly ever around.

But some annoying kids have moved in. They play in the common area behind my building. It used to be a pool, but got filled in and turned into a patio-type area. It looks fine, and the kids aren't tearing up the landscaping. BUT...they are screamy sometimes, and they are starting to leave toys (scooters, bikes, jump ropes) on the paved area of the patio/pool thing.

The other night, my husband and I winced when one girl screamed, and after a moment, I said, "Ya know, I think those girls will be donating some toys to Goodwill some night."

It's tempting indeed. I could walk out there at two or three in the morning and scoop up the abandoned toys, then put them in the trunk of my car. The complex doesn't have cameras. But I have no idea if anyone has some type of nanny cam set on that area. Might be easier to just buy some Liquid Ass and pour it on the toys one night. Then the kids will complain to their parents, and maybe the parents will throw out the smelly toys.

This complex has pretty fairly awesome, but the HOA doesn't always enforce stuff. Generally neighbors have been very reasonable. I'm hoping the kids are those of renters, and will be gone in a year or two. Because these are just two-bed one-bath condos, renters with kids don't stick around. It's mostly retired people, empty-nesters, and CF/CL people. The lack of a pool, clubhouse, playground, and other famblee amenities is one reason we bought here.

So...what do you think? Involuntary late-night Goodwill donation? Liquid Ass? Other alternative? No idea where/who the kids' parents are, but the abandoned toys have been going on long enough to show they don't give a shit and likely would not correct the problem.
Re: Anyone want a free kiddie scooter??
September 04, 2016
In the Craigslist Free section: "Available now: kids bikes, scooters, etc. I work during the day, so just come by and pick up."

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 04, 2016
Nice idea Hannigan. I'll post on CL when I get home...I don't wanna deal with navigating it on my phone. Maybe I'll even get some pics of the toys to make it look better. Meanwhile I will also figure out how to procure some liquid ass.
September 04, 2016
Does your complex have a resident self appointed HOA enforcer? If so take photos and mention it to them next time they're on 'patrol'. My condo HOA board is conflict adverse but will act if the resident enforcer screams about it.
September 04, 2016
I would just go out there at night in a dark hoodie (to hide my head) and relocate the toys into the dumpster.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 04, 2016
I doubt anyone will bother picking it up via cl posting, but posting it could be fun. And my black hoodie has a nice deep hood, so that's an option too.
September 05, 2016
LoveToLurk
I would just go out there at night in a dark hoodie (to hide my head) and relocate the toys into the dumpster.

Me too. Either throw them in the dumpster or take them to a thrift store. Guarantee the behavior will stop very soon afterwards, or if not the bratz will eventually run out of toys.
September 07, 2016
freya
LoveToLurk

Me too. Either throw them in the dumpster or take them to a thrift store. Guarantee the behavior will stop very soon afterwards, or if not the bratz will eventually run out of toys.

As long as it doesn't backfire. I'm picturing weeping children and a call to all residents, soliciting funds to replace the "tragically stolen" toys thumbs down
September 11, 2016
randomcfchick

The other night, my husband and I winced when one girl screamed, and after
So...what do you think? Involuntary late-night Goodwill donation? Liquid Ass? Other alternative? No idea where/who the kids' parents are, but the abandoned toys have been going on long enough to show they don't give a shit and likely would not correct the problem.

Stick to Liquid Ass.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 12, 2016
I haven't been able to do anything about the toys lately because people have been up pretty late, and I do have to get up early for work. Damned if I'm losing sleep for kindercrap. I'll let you guys know when I'm able to clean up the crap.
September 12, 2016
If you decide to go with Liquid Ass, I do hope you'll post the results. grinning smiley
October 01, 2016
Okay, so I took a stroll through the toy-littered area the other night, just to scope things out.

Nope, too much lighting to successfully scoop and dump the toys, even with my trusty black hoodie in place. I will have to start pricing Liquid Ass online.

The other option I've considered involved Krazy Glueing the damn things to the patio pavement. But Liquid Ass would probably be faster...just a drive-by, whereas Krazy Glue would take more time (and thus make me more visible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login