Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Laundry Detergent Pod Bullshit

Posted by rudeawakening 
More Laundry Detergent Pod Bullshit
September 04, 2016
You guys remember this thread from a couple years back about the dumbass toadler who almost died eating one of those laundry detergent pods because she thought it was a blueberry? Looks like Tide is trying to cover their asses on this sort of thing, because twice in the past 24 hours I've tried to watch videos on YouTube and had to wait for a 15-second Tide ad...and the entire ad was about not leaving those pods in a chyuld's reach because they might eat them.

I mean, on one hand, it kind of makes sense, because if breeders didn't spend so much time on the internet, they might have more time to teach their dumbass kyds what is and isn't edible and place the non-edibles in an appropriate location. I couldn't even skip it after 5 seconds, I had to watch the whole thing (twice) which I'm sure is intentional. But like...the ad didn't even talk about how great the product is or why you should buy it, the ENTIRE ad just said, keep these things away from your idiot kyds. I'd post a link, but I can't find a link to the ad itself. Anyone else seen it?

Breeder pandering at its very finest. eye rolling smiley
Re: More Laundry Detergent Pod Bullshit
September 05, 2016
I saw a commercial where the above mentioned pods are now sold in a child resistant bag. Same thing, nothing about the product but all about kids safety.
September 05, 2016
Seems like laundry detergent is something you'd wanna keep out of kids' reach anyway.

At least Tide is addressing it by just changing the packaging. I know some parents were screaming for Tide to discontinue the pod-style detergent because it was just too dangerous. Jeez. "Childproofing" has been standard practice for a few decades now...surely parents would know to keep cleaners out of the reach of kiddies?
September 05, 2016
randomcfchick
I know some parents were screaming for Tide to discontinue the pod-style detergent because it was just too dangerous. Jeez. "Childproofing" has been standard practice for a few decades now...surely parents would know to keep cleaners out of the reach of kiddies?

Or...parunts could buy the laundry powder or liquid which is stocked on the same aisle as the pods. But that would require a parunt having the ability to reason...and think through consequences and yeahhh.... if we've learned anything it is that parunts aren't thinking folks! the finger smiley
September 05, 2016
randomcfchick
Seems like laundry detergent is something you'd wanna keep out of kids' reach anyway.

At least Tide is addressing it by just changing the packaging. I know some parents were screaming for Tide to discontinue the pod-style detergent because it was just too dangerous. Jeez. "Childproofing" has been standard practice for a few decades now...surely parents would know to keep cleaners out of the reach of kiddies?

Discontinuing the laundry pods would have really ticked me off. I like the pods, a lot. No detergent powders, no measuring, no spills, ... they're a great invention.

And if they were discontinued, I suppose other potentially lethal household products would have to be discontinued as well... such as bleach, lye, furniture polish, ammonia, knives, all ovens and stoves, bathtubs, yard equipment, gasoline... I could go on and on...
September 05, 2016
Techie
I saw a commercial where the above mentioned pods are now sold in a child resistant bag. Same thing, nothing about the product but all about kids safety.

So THAT'S why I had a hard time getting my bag of these open.

Amusingly, my husband has stuck these in the dishwasher before, mistaking them for Cascade pods. I was wondering why my dishes smelled so good. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 05, 2016
law
Techie

So THAT'S why I had a hard time getting my bag of these open.

Amusingly, my husband has stuck these in the dishwasher before, mistaking them for Cascade pods. I was wondering why my dishes smelled so good. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I use pods for my dishwasher but use liquid detergent for my laundry. You are bringing up an interesting point - some pods do look alike. It would not be a difficult task to confuse those 2 kinds.

I could not find the video of the Tide pods child resistant bag, but it was played on History Channel. The show had zero to do with family or kids. Here is a link to the article about the new kind of a bag:

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/04/21/p-g-redesigns-packaging-launches-new-ad-campaign.html

ETA: Here is a video of a new bag. It's not the same one that I saw, but the concept is there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_v36lstjUfg
October 02, 2016
I'll tell you how all of this foam-padding is coming off in France: they think we are FUCKING NUTS!! Our neighbor down the road periodically stops by for tea, wine or just a gabfest. Hell, I enjoy the company and she's smart as a whip and childfree just like Tony and I.

She asked me what this problem was with "laundry pods". I told her, and she looked like she was about to explode with laughter. She asked, "How difficult is it for American children just to keep their hands out of things like that?" I told her how stupid most American brats are, what idiots breeders were and we went directly from the tea to laughing ourselves silly over two bottles of Bordeaux.

I am not gloating here, well, okay maybe I am, but I am enjoying the fuck out of retirement and certainly enjoying our childfree neighbors. Our neighbor with the well behaved kid sold their house and our new neighbor, a former cosmetics executive with L'Oreal moved in. She and her significant other Francois are delightful! Nice to have some mature childfree neighbors who react with horror at our tales of living in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and enduring stupid American fambly tourists!
October 02, 2016
We really need to bring back those Mr. Yuk stickers. A radioactive-green face that looks like it's going to puke its guts out might be the only thing those toadlers--and their idiot breeders--actually understand.

Then again, I Only Looked Away For a SecondTM can be a genius PNA if the kid ends up committing accidental suicide from eating too much laundry detergent candy once cops start catching on to the current drowning PNA craze. I Only Looked Away For a SecondTM never counts as negligence if you're a moo or duh, only if you're the babysitter. Then the breeders can sue Tide AND put up a GoFuckMe for the dead kid. Not to mention start another all-important awareness-raising campaign which is really raising money for the expensive cruise they want to take, newly sans-kid, because They've Suffered EnoughTM.
October 02, 2016
We use laundry detergent pods at my house. I love touching the soft ravioli-like things when I do laundry. I could see how kids who have touched them once will want to touch them again and people need to teach their kids the pods shouldn't be consumed. Our container of pods is always kept on a high shelf in the laundry room because we get visits from a family friend and her 2-year-old son and my brother and his 1-year-old son.
October 02, 2016

Our container of pods is always kept on a high shelf in the laundry room because we get visits from a family friend and her 2-year-old son and my brother and his 1-year-old son.

It's not even your kid, and you are already showing more sense than the average Breeder.

It's really not that haaaaaard:

1. watch the brat
2. keep stuff they shouldn't have out of their reach
3. If you don't have a high shelf, get one of those baybee proof things to put on your cabinet.

These toddlers don't suddenly appear, right? There's nine months of pregnasty, and another year until they get mobile and active.

That's two years to prepare for having a small human running underfoot and getting into things he/she shouldn't.
October 04, 2016
Slightly off topic but this reminds me of a story that was in the local paper, about a fambly who were temporarily homeless because their 4 year old set fire to his bed with a click-lighter.

Apparently they were upset with the housing association for not cleaning up the ensuing fire-damage for free. The HA said they wouldn't because the fire had been started deliberately, but a load of bleeding hearts donated a bunch of money to the poor hard-done-by fambly so they could pay to get it fixed.

As I read the article, I noticed several questions went unanswered.

1. Why was the kyd left unsupervised long enough to him to get the lighter, set fire to the bed and let the fire go on so long that the place was left uninhabitable?

2. Why was there a lighter within easy reach of the kyd?

3. Why are these idiots breeding in the first place if they don't even know basic kyd-proofing??

The comment section of the original article posted online was full of people blasting the parents for leaving something so dangerous within easy reach of a child, punctuated with the occasional "But... but... he's just a CHYLD! It was an ACCIDENT! Why are people so HEARTLESS???" comments thrown in for good measure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login