Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween bus

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Halloween bus
November 01, 2016
I was talking with a vendor today and he mentioned that in his middle-class city neighborhood, an entire church bus brings kids from the poor, violent part of town to go trick-or-treating on his block. And he seemed genuinely happy about it, even as I looked shocked. It's bad enough I have to feed neighbor brats on Halloween, but to also have a busload of opportunists clearing out my candy bowl? That's nonsense. If a bus dropped off 60 people of ANY color or age to wander my neghborhood sidewalks and knock on doors, I'd call the goddamn police! But this makes me a bitter, childless racist who wants to see everyone unhappy, I guess.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: Halloween bus
November 01, 2016
I am a believer that residential areas are private property, and therefore, norms exist that restrict their use to the residents of that area, and their guests. And before I'm labeled as a curmudgeon (or worse) let me tell you that I follow this rule myself. You won't see me wandering around residential areas that are not in my immediate vicinity.

Why not take the kids to a mall? My understanding is that the businesses in malls all hand out candy for the trick or treaters.
November 01, 2016
Two thoughts here: If you live in a poor, violent part of town, why does anyone have kids? And also, don't let this idea get around, it's just another way for breeders to get freebies for their kids.
November 01, 2016
...and then the ones who are in their last season of Trick or Treating may come back the following weekend after getting a look at all the nice cars in the neighborhood for some more freebies.
November 01, 2016
This is something they hopefully cleared with all the residents in the neighborhood first. You can't spring something like that on people. In my neighborhood, we have had so few trick-or-treaters that most homes keep the lights off and don't participate and the ones that do buy enough candy for the sparse groups of kids. Dropping off a group of 60+ kids by surprise will lead invariably to irritation and disappointment.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 01, 2016
Miss Hannigan, this exact thing happened to a colleague of mine last night. She and her family live in what I believe to be a wealthy area. She had no idea where these people were from; they obviously were not locals.

My Facebook news feed was rife with tales of rudeness: brats grabbing candy by the handfuls, people not saying "thank you", teen brats not in costume, brats being destructive and loud.

I noticed that my street was dead last night. I live in an apartment, so I usually don't have to worry about trick-or-treaters. None of the single-family homes on my block had their porch lights on.

Our neighborhood is completely dark and nobody has their lights on for Halloween. This is the second Halloween we've been here, and I'm so glad for it. I'd be royally PISSED if some stupid bus full of future felons would be dropped off in our area.

Then again, I've never participated in Halloween because I hate it, and my birds go NUTS when the bell rings. My aunt doesn't open the door for Halloween either, but her poor dog got so scared from kids walking around, she peed all over my aunt's feather tick. She now has to go and get it cleaned.
November 01, 2016
I agree, if the kids can't walk to the neighborhood then it is not part of their area. And since they're all specual anymore no matter how bad their behavior why would anyone want to deal with them. Or their specual allergies/food preferences/etc. Tealpump kin project (deliberately misspelled to not end up in searches).

If it is neighborhood safety they're concerned about either buy the kid a bag of candy or take them to the mall. Neighborhood and house size don't determine the size of the candy or the generosity of the candy giver. Neighborhoods with larger houses also tend to have more yard space so it is more effort to walk than a neighborhood tightly packed with average houses.
November 01, 2016
We hear these stories every year. Perhaps the community members should worry less about renting a bus for Halloween and more about cleaning up the neighborhood.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
November 01, 2016
@LovetoLurk

But that would require them to get off their backsides and actually try to raise their kids not to be criminals / beat the crap out of their kids if they are criminals / have them arrested / etc. They are too busy doing TMIPJITW and collecting food stamps to clean up their neighborhoods.

And before anyone accuses me of discriminating against inter city kids, let me just say not so. My soon-to-be-ex-neighbor {I'm moving, thank heavens} couldn't control his kydz from trespassing on my property and messing with my dog. I think he should have his son arrested too, and no I don't live in the city.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
November 01, 2016
My local news ran a story yesterday about one of the streets in my town that is supposedly "one of the best streets in the USA for Halloween."

Of course, that means it's best for the KYDS and not the adults who happen to live there. The street is in a wealthy part of town and kids from the projects were being bused over there. They interviewed some white middle aged women who lived there. They were gushing how wonderful it all was, how "everyone on the block participates" and they casually mentioned that they gave out about THREE THOUSAND PIECES OF CANDY each year.

I did the candy shopping for us yesterday (kept it out of the house until the last minute so I wouldn't have temptation lying around) and one of the bags I bought had 125 pieces of chocolate candy for $10.00. (snickers, kit kat, stuff like that.)

I did the math and thought, are you fucking kidding me? That's 24 freaking bags of candy and with tax it would set you back $250.00. And you know there's bound to be some people who live there who don't appreciate the "friendly pressure' to participate in this event.

No way would I participate in something like that. I could see fleeing something like that. For less than $250 you could stay in a nice hotel, have a pleasant dinner and a quiet night.
November 01, 2016
I guess if you're wealthy and you can spend $250 on candy for strangers from another city, it's no big deal. I spent $20 on candy for my neighborhood and I still groaned. That's vodka money.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 02, 2016
Yes, this year was my last for trick or treeters. Not too many left here. Most were teens. Guess I had 20 at most. We used to have mobs. I know there are tons of kids in the older part of the neighborhood I am moving to.. but I have heard it's mostly over 55 age couples with grown kids on my street. Yep.. lights off and I am hiding in the family room with a good movie, good book, whatever. Besides... they drive the dogs nuts.. and I don't feel like buying even the cheep candy for them anymore.
November 05, 2016
I decorate my door at work for Halloween and hang out a bucket with candy. The engineers love it and as an added bonus, will donate a bag or two to it. The days of handing out candy to brats are thankfully well over.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login