Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A moment of gloating

Posted by randomcfchick 
A moment of gloating
December 03, 2016
Today my husband and I are going away for a couple days. He found some good deals on travel, so off we go. Yesterday at work a couple people asked what I had planned for the weekend, so I told them. I got the less blatant version of "must be nice", to which I responded with a pretty diplomatic version of "yeah, we plan pretty carefully for this". Another childed co-worker said "That's awesome for you guys, go have fun!". That's someone who doesn't ask a question when they can't handle the answer.

Soooo glad I can go off and do stuff like this and focus on my relationship with my spouse.

Anyone else have any "I can because I'm CF" stuff going on?
Re: A moment of gloating
December 03, 2016
That is great! May I ask where you are going?

My "I can because I'm childfree," is buying a new house and working 2 jobs. I know that the latter doesn't sound good to most people, probably, but I enjoy it. It gives me something to do, and a sense of purpose. It's might not be "TMIJITW," but it actually pays winking smiley

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
December 03, 2016
Mine was what I dont have to do, an ex classmate of mine had to deal with a sick baby on thanksgiving, and I just got to see my family and enjoy my meal smiling smiley its the little things that add up.
December 03, 2016
Every time I go out to my shed I'm reminded of the conversation that I had with "cupcake beggar". The last time I talked to her, she did the whole "must be nice" when I showed her pictures of my shed.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 03, 2016
@contemplativeintrovert: we are on the coast in the Pacific northwest.This is the off peak time of year and you can find swanky lodgings for pretty good deals, and regular lodgings for a song thanks to online deals. People flee because it is wet and chilly. But to me the rain is cozy, and the mist and fog are peaceful and haunting at the same time. I like the coast any season. And I love having the freedom to go whenever spouse says "oooh, weekend suite for the price of a weeknight regular room at XYZ hotel!".
December 04, 2016
I moved away from DH to another country. Just like this. Because I can.

If I had a chyld, there would be three possible outcomes of the situation:
1. I would take it with me without DH's permission.
This counts as kidnapping. The usual scenario is that woman
gets criminal record for this and loses the custody.

2. DH would agree that I take it with me (-> highly improbable).
In that case I would end up as a single moo.

3. DH would keep the chyld. I would see it like twice a year
and pay child support. The chyld would be raised either
by MIL or by another woman.

In any case, divorce which is a messy thing per se, would be
"enriched" with custody battle.

I talked with a divorced, childed male colleague about it.
He told me: "Be happy that you don't have any children."
And guess what? I am!
December 04, 2016
Mr. kittehpeoples and I are embroiled in a legal fiasco (he was named executor and major heir to a dear friend's estate, and her family is fighting it tooth and nail and might possibly win) and we're both stressed to an unbelievable degree. Once it's over, whichever way it falls, he wants to take a weekend trip. We have no way of determining when we'll be able to do it, but joy! no kids, all we have to do is ask a friend to drop in on the pets once a day, and we're gone.
December 04, 2016
As many of you know I grew up with an autistic sister, so we were very restricted in what we could do as a family. Now i like the fact that i can do autizzzm unfriendly activities (fireworks, going to places or events during peak hours, staying more than hour at a time, eating at a variety if restaurants not just tardleys "pre approved" ones, i dont have to leave an enjoyable event cuz tardley gets "overstimulated", i can go to a loud baseball game, i dont have to worry about being assaulted in my own home, and i can blast music), basically anything thatll make an autards head spin exorcist style, selfish selfish me grinning smiley
December 04, 2016
randomcfchick
@contemplativeintrovert: we are on the coast in the Pacific northwest.This is the off peak time of year and you can find swanky lodgings for pretty good deals, and regular lodgings for a song thanks to online deals. People flee because it is wet and chilly. But to me the rain is cozy, and the mist and fog are peaceful and haunting at the same time. I like the coast any season. And I love having the freedom to go whenever spouse says "oooh, weekend suite for the price of a weeknight regular room at XYZ hotel!".

Me too, aside from the spouse. I love the rain and don't feel the need to escape to another climate. The biggest escape for me is a few hours surrounded by old growth forest.

I work from home and don't have to deal with the crap commute. People with kids have to come into work if they have lots of 'distractions' at home preventing them from working. Or, just as likely is they see being in an actual work building as a escape from their family. It is much quieter and more peaceful and relaxing to work from home.

It can be tough to concentrate at work with the people walking around chatting to each other or on their cell phones. And I hate small talk so if I can avoid it I do. If the work environment is better than their home environment then it would be absolute hell for my very introverted self to have to interact with a bunch of needy and noisy family members.
December 05, 2016
@randomcfchick

That sounds awesome! I also find rain and mist to be enjoyable. Enjoy your trip! smiling smiley Your quiet, relaxing trip, free of the burden of finding a McGarbage to placate kids winking smiley

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login