Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uggh.. Ohio abortion bill passes..

Posted by DucorpsToo 
Uggh.. Ohio abortion bill passes..
December 07, 2016
Our rights are being hammered away more and more as each day passes. It appears that now Ohio has passed a bill that would ban abortions from the moment the fetal heartbeat is detected which is usually at 6 weeks!. Now whether that law would make exceptions for rape/incest is dependent upon the Ohio governor's signature..

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/07/politics/ohio-abortion-bill/index.html
Re: Uggh.. Ohio abortion bill passes..
December 07, 2016
I wish you could talk sense to the people who want these laws. Outlawing abortions doesn't decrease abortions, it just increases serious injuries/deaths among the women getting them. So you potentially lose two lives, using their logic that the fetus is a living person, instead of one.

Of course, they'd feel like the woman deserved to suffer/die for seeking an abortion, so I guess that part gives them a hard on.
December 07, 2016
Another victory for conservatives and more oppression for women. Dear unwashed masses, please stop voting republican. I did my civic duty and voted democrat for my representatives, and they won. But then again I'm from one of the bluest states in the nation.

It's strange in Europe abortion isn't a big deal like it is in America. What I don't get about republicans is that they care about what people do in their personal lives. What about not caring what people do, but only worry about what you do.
December 07, 2016
shy lurker
What I don't get about republicans is that they care about what people do in their personal lives. What about not caring what people do, but only worry about what you do.

Where's the fun in that?
December 07, 2016
skyeyes
shy lurker
What I don't get about republicans is that they care about what people do in their personal lives. What about not caring what people do, but only worry about what you do.

Where's the fun in that?

If you did that you'd have to have a life!
December 07, 2016
A lot of women don't even know they're pregnant at 6 weeks. Wtf?! When will the madness end?
December 07, 2016
While I rage at Rethuglicans for gutting women's rights, I do get a perverse pleasure in know that some woman deplorable who voted for these misogynists politicians, will be FORCED to birth and care for an unwanted baby.

Because elections have consequences.

But no....

Emails.
Bengazi.
Whitewater.
Fake news on child sex.
Emails.
Emails.

With Chump and his goons in control, I'm expecting social welfare programs to be cut, and that includes programs for single moos, because Rethuglicans like nothing better than cutting programs that desperate people need.

And I will laugh at the deplorables then.

Becuase elections have consequences.
December 08, 2016
shy lurker
Another victory for conservatives and more oppression for women. Dear unwashed masses, please stop voting republican. I did my civic duty and voted democrat for my representatives, and they won. But then again I'm from one of the bluest states in the nation.

It's strange in Europe abortion isn't a big deal like it is in America. What I don't get about republicans is that they care about what people do in their personal lives. What about not caring what people do, but only worry about what you do.

Except in Malta, most gay-friendly place in Europe, where abortion is still illegal; and Ireland, with its much reviled 8th amendment to the constitution which causes women to travel to England for abortions; and Northern Ireland where the UK practices appeasement by keeping it illegal (Scotland recently proposed to offer NI women free abortions); and Poland where they recently proposed a near-total ban (woman's life in danger being the only exception) to replace their current laws, which also have a rape exception clause.

There are some backward ass states in the US, and there are some backward ass countries in Europe.

And our gutless court decided that women's reproductive freedom does not fall under the convention for human rights. Personally I'd consider it a violation of article 4 (no slavery), 5 (liberty), 8 (personal life of one's choosing), and 9 (freedom of conscience).
December 08, 2016
I wanted to mention the countries in Europe that have a ban on abortion but yurble already did it. But i do have to ask up to which week you are allowed to have an abortion in US? As far as i have seen, it depends on the state but i noticed that the limit is 20-24 weeks which is quite late compared to some countries in Europe.

In my country the limit is 12 weeks after that abortion is done only in exceptional cases. Besides that you need the approval of two doctors, you have to fill in papers which state the reason of the abortion. You can't say that i don't want the baby because it doesn't work. Then you are send to a psychologist and you have compulsory ultrasounds. This sounds quite restrictive to me.
December 08, 2016
http://www.equip.org/article/peter-singers-bold-defense-of-infanticide/

Here is an interesting look at the idea of abortion and the complete unawareness of fetuses and newborns
December 08, 2016
cfdavep
http://www.equip.org/article/peter-singers-bold-defense-of-infanticide/

Here is an interesting look at the idea of abortion and the complete unawareness of fetuses and newborns

I actually agree with some of that article.

Has anybody done brain scans of fetuses? Can they be done?
December 09, 2016
Adding insult to injury, read that today Ohio passed another bill banning the abortion procedure at 20 weeks. With this case the "viability test is eliminated and the abortion is banned altogether (with the woman's health exception still applying). Both bills are awaiting the signature of Kasich's signature. I hope he doesn't sign them!! censored bar

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/ohio-abortion-bills/index.html
December 09, 2016
squigglysquid
A lot of women don't even know they're pregnant at 6 weeks. Wtf?! When will the madness end?

EXACTLY. They must believe that women know they're pregnant a week into gestation, but simply take their time getting to the abortion clinic, deliberately growing the parasite for maximum carnage when it's extracted. Fuck these clowns, I hope they all get ass cancer.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 10, 2016
yurble
Ireland, with its much reviled 8th amendment to the constitution which causes women to travel to England for abortions; and Northern Ireland where the UK practices appeasement by keeping it illegal (Scotland recently proposed to offer NI women free abortions);

All down to the Catlicks. Gotta keep topping up the army of dog.
December 10, 2016
Peace
While I rage at Rethuglicans for gutting women's rights, I do get a perverse pleasure in know that some woman deplorable who voted for these misogynists politicians, will be FORCED to birth and care for an unwanted baby.

Because elections have consequences.

But no....

Emails.
Bengazi.
Whitewater.
Fake news on child sex.
Emails.
Emails.

With Chump and his goons in control, I'm expecting social welfare programs to be cut, and that includes programs for single moos, because Rethuglicans like nothing better than cutting programs that desperate people need.

And I will laugh at the deplorables then.

Becuase elections have consequences.

And Mr. Rethuglican politician is going to find out how much it really sucks when he can't rush his mistress to the abortion clinic to cover up his sinful behaviour. Oops, bet they didn't think of that one.
Oh, and who's going to pick up all the dumpster babies?
December 10, 2016
electricfire
And Mr. Rethuglican politician is going to find out how much it really sucks when he can't rush his mistress to the abortion clinic to cover up his sinful behaviour. Oops, bet they didn't think of that one.

It's OK, they have doctor friends who will simply perform a D&C for "fibroid growths"

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 10, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
electricfire

It's OK, they have doctor friends who will simply perform a D&C for "fibroid growths"

Or simply fly mistress to Canada or the U.K. for a little medical "vacation."
December 10, 2016
Emergency appendectomy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login