Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

T.H. Please Read This...

Posted by amethusos* 
T.H. Please Read This...
December 19, 2006
Dear T.H.

Please accept my sympathies for the loss of your mother. No words will make you feel better but know that you are in my thoughts as well as the rest of Bratfree's thoughts. People are such jerks especially about the "stork" parking. Whatever happened to common courtesy? If a pregnant woman or non-pregnant woman needs my help, I am going to assist if I am able. How you were treated at the hospital was terrible. Know we are all hear for you if you need to vent, cry, or talk.

Your friend in the childfree-by-choice community,
Amethesusos*

"FUCK WORK"
CFScorpio
Re: T.H. Please Read This...
December 19, 2006
TH, I'm sorry about your mom.

BTW, I think your response to the jerk was brilliant. In fact, I think you should complain to the hospital about those stupid spots.
Anonymous User
December 19, 2006
TH, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother.

As for the *stork spots*, these are NOT legally enforceable, as the bona-fide handicapped spaces are. People can moo and low all they like about a non-moo parking in them, but when push comes to shove, there is not jack-shit they can do, unless they want to pay for a truck to have you towed.

There's this stupidmarket where I used to shop, that had these moo spots. I used to park in them sometimes, just because I could. Eventually, the store took down the moo spot signs, since there was no way to legally enforce them, anyway. GOOD!

I echo Amethesusos* in that we're here for you to vent to whenever you feel the need. Hope you'll stick around!
GreenGrass
December 19, 2006
I'm so sorry about your mom. Please post the name of this hospital - I'd love to write them a letter!! Bastards. I'm sick of those stupid "stork spaces" too.
December 19, 2006
this man was a jumped up little toady.. a jobsworth.

so what if a moo cant park there.. you have a mother, you are their child.. so you would be allowed there..

i am sorry to hear of your loss, i know how hard it is around certain times of the year to lose a parent.. on the 14th was the birthday of my dad, i lost him 16 years ago, and i still feel slightly upset. my thoughts are with you

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 19, 2006
My condolences as well. To keep a person in your mind and heart is to
have them with you forever, no matter where they may be.

About stork parking, I always take advantage of it. Since I've experienced women who aren't even showing yet mooing about how they can't do hard work, like vacuuming or standing for long periods of time, because they're pregnant, I figure I can always claim pregnancy. If they get bitchy I plan to offer to produce a cup of urine so they can buy a pregnancy test and test it. Since I am unburdened by children, and most of my brain is intact, I figure I'd be done shopping by the time the test developed, were anyone to take me up on my kindly offer.
RandomCFChick
December 19, 2006
T.H., I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my condolences. And I'm sorry you had to deal with that asshat on the very same day you lost your mother. If you ask me, you showed remarkable restraint with him.

The person in the hospital parking lot was totally out of line. I think stork spots are stupid anyway. At non-medical establishments like malls, I always think, "If the preggo lady has trouble walking all the way across the parking lot, she should not be at the mall." At medical establishments, stork spots are even more ridiculous because they show that the management does not understand the basic criteria of triage!

And yeah, stork spots are not legally enforceable. I've parked in them before. I suggest you do the same, and take some satisfaction from it.
CFScorpio
December 20, 2006
catmommy9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> As for the *stork spots*, these are NOT legally
> enforceable, as the bona-fide handicapped spaces
> are. People can moo and low all they like about a
> non-moo parking in them, but when push comes to
> shove, there is not jack-shit they can do, unless
> they want to pay for a truck to have you towed.
>
> There's this stupidmarket where I used to shop,
> that had these moo spots. I used to park in them
> sometimes, just because I could. Eventually, the
> store took down the moo spot signs, since there
> was no way to legally enforce them, anyway.
> GOOD!

That's really good to know. I also sometimes park in the one at my local supermarket. They just added a note on the sign that says you have to register in the store and get a pregnant tag or something. I guess I'm not the only one who's been parking there!

Now that I know they're not legally enforceable, I'm going to start parking there more often.
December 20, 2006
TH, I cannot see the store being able to legally enforce the stork parking rules by having people register in the store. Medical records are to be a private thing.

It is one issue to bring in a doctor's note after being out from work for a week. It is another thing for a retailer to expect access to medical records for parking. The handicapped spots are different since those spaces fall under local ordinances. Police officers can and will issue tickets on private property.

Where I work, women have to bring in documentation to park in the stork parking. The job also has tons of handicapped spaces so it is not an issue, either. However, I see this as a terrible invasion of privacy for a female employee having to bring in proof she is pregnant before she shows.

"FUCK WORK"
river city
December 20, 2006
I am so,so sorry about the loss of your mother and also for the insensitivity you encountered at the hospital. If you let us know the name of the hospital I'm sure many of us would like to send a letter requesting they make accommodations for visitors of critically ill patients. Our best wishes are with you and your family.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2006
T.H., Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your mom. That awful man sounds like the scourge of the Earth, and I'll gladly write to the hospital to complain about him, and the stork spots. You always have friends, here.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2006
I also give my condolences for the loss of your mom. It's hard to lose a parent.

I believe in most states the law is very specific about towing enforcement and signage - and if they did tow your car without the "official" towing signage they would likely have a lot of liability to you and your vehicle, not to mention your time.

So keep parking in those spots and keep taking the four tops at your local restaurants - you deserve them just as much.
cfhistorian
December 20, 2006
T.H., mine and my husband's hearts go out to you (I read him your post)...sorry for your loss. I would definitely file a complaint with the hospital. It won't bring your dear mother back, but if that a**hole is a hospital employee, it could bring disciplinary action against him. I myself don't have the balls to park in those moo spaces under normal circumstances (plus, I don't want anyone even thinking I'm knocked up), but in that situation, I certainly would have.
December 20, 2006
My condolences to you, T.H. I know this probably won't help much, but here's a (hug).

As far as that fuckface at the hospital, I think you handled him and his moo-worshipping behavior perfectly. Add me to the list of those of us here who would be more than happy to write the hospital a letter about that asshole - I don't care how lacking you are in a life, you don't go around patrolling parking lots to make sure the only people parking in stork spots are heavily or noticeably pregnant women. Being the bitch I am, I'd probably try to get the police involved.

Definitely feel free to come here to talk or vent about anything - we're all here for you and we're all here to listen and help in any ways we can.
Rowan
December 21, 2006
(((T.H.))) My condolences on the loss of your mother.

I cannot believe that repuggos now even top critically ill people. The breeder-centricity is unbelievable. The POS at the hospital had NO right to yell at you that way, and demand you move your car on top of that after you told him. Once, in the past, people would have been very respectful. It's a damn shame to see how society has gone.
anon
December 22, 2006
TH,

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. There are no words I can write that will take away your pain or lessen your grief.

I have a different loss from yours, but the pain, the grief are very similar. Losing someone you love is never easy...

You won't get over this, as you say. But you will find a new sense of normal. Your life will be different, colored by your grief, your memories, your love and many other things. That doesn't mean that it is all hopeless and bleak. You'll have bad days, you'll have good days.

You'll find yourself smiling at the memories instead of sobbing all the time.

Just make sure that you take care of you, try to eat even though it is extremely difficult. Try to get enough fluids, try to sleep. Don't let anyone tell you how to grieve or for how long.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve, there's just your way. You do what you need to do to start healing. And only do it when you are ready.

People often assume that the grieving person should be okay withing weeks. Not so. People will tell you to get on with living. You are. You do the basics and whatever else you feel up to. You are living. Despite what others may think. Your'e just hurting and trying to find a way in the new life you never imagined having.

Again, I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login