Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What happens to the brains????

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What happens to the brains????
December 26, 2006
What happens to the "desperate housewives" when they birth the babies? It seems as though they lose their brains altogether. One that I know, recently received an iPod and stated that she was going to attend a computer class to learn how to get the iPod all set up. I was under the impression that these were pretty much plug & play...I have one and threw the directions away. They will also teach how to get a movie from a camera onto the computer and then burn it onto a DVD...
CFScorpio
Re: What happens to the brains????
December 27, 2006
That sounds like a class for me, actually. I would really like a class on how to operate today's home electronic devices. Not everyone is a "techie", and there are different kinds of intelligence. For some of us, electronic devices are scary and confusing. I am a member of Mensa but I can't figure out most of today's electronic devices at all, even with directions. And most instruction manuals are written by people who don't speak English anyway, so who could understand them?
GreenGrass
December 27, 2006
CFScorpio, I am totally with you! I still can't figure out most of the features on my cell phone, and it's almost four years old (not even a fancy one with a camera or anything). We just got our first DVD player this past year, and it still confuses me. However, my husband works in IT, and acts as if anyone who doesn't know how to do certain things (such as mess with the computer's registry or write programming algorithms) is mentally retarded. It annoys the hell out of me!
CFScorpio
December 27, 2006
GreenGrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
However, my husband works in IT, and
> acts as if anyone who doesn't know how to do
> certain things (such as mess with the computer's
> registry or write programming algorithms) is
> mentally retarded. It annoys the hell out of me!

My DH is the same way. He can't spell, pronounces words incorrectly, is amazingly ignorant on a variety of topics, and yet I'M the idiot because I can't fix a car or figure out how the DVR works.
December 27, 2006
Each cellphone and wireless carrier are different so it is easy to be "clueless" about those matters. Regarding housewives, I do believe that anyone - regardless of education and smarts - is going to lose intelligence after being home day in and day out with small children. Many SAHMs complain how they have no other adult to talk to all day until the husband comes home. The pity is how many husbands feel they have "grown so much" while the homemaker wives just stay the same or regress. Other women on or off the job seem more attractive and interesting. Even if there is a Mom's Group as many churches sponsor in my area, the talk (from what I have heard) still focuses on children and babies.
December 27, 2006
unfortunatly i have a instinct when it comes to machines, i have no formal training, but i can fix most computer problems, i rewired my tv, video dvd burner plus universal dvd player, to all work together, any electronic stuff, i pick up very very fast.. cars i dont understand..

its a knack, but i dont look down upon anyone who doesnt know. i have taught computers to people, from turning it on to webpage design.. but.. its just a knack i have.

there is a impression on the tv, that women are less than useful when it comes to computers, most of the geeks and nerds on tv shows are men.. i know a few computer programmers a fair few are women.. its the perception by society that women dont know computers or technology and only men know.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CFScorpio
December 27, 2006
That's true, Mercurior. There are a lot of stereotypes of only men being good at math, tech, IT and fixing stuff. In my case, the stereotype happens to be true, but I don't believe it's true for all women. I really wish I were one of those "techie" women but unfortunately I'm not. :-(
December 27, 2006
luckily i am good at electronics.. useless at most other things.. wink but i am good cook.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
cfhistorian
December 27, 2006
I agree that there are different types of intelligences...my husband and I complement each other because we have different skills. I'm a bookworm and an information seeker. I'm a whiz on the internet, a good typist, and I read very fast. My husband is good with mechanical and electronic things (he set up our cable internet connection), and he's a chef by trade, so he can cook. And he's a good deal more patient than me. I think we work very well together.
CFScorpio
December 28, 2006
cfhistorian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree that there are different types of
> intelligences...my husband and I complement each
> other because we have different skills. I'm a
> bookworm and an information seeker. I'm a whiz on
> the internet, a good typist, and I read very fast.
> My husband is good with mechanical and electronic
> things (he set up our cable internet connection),
> and he's a chef by trade, so he can cook. And he's
> a good deal more patient than me. I think we work
> very well together.

Same here, CFHistorian. DH and I complement each other well.
January 02, 2007
While one might think it would be physically impossible, I believe the brains come out the vagina with the child. I can't explain the brain-loss in fathers though, so if someone could explain that....

"Brains" in general are, for me, the wonder and mystery of humanity. We each are truely unique, and it is pretty common for people to NOT be proficent in all areas of knowledge and not learn in the same ways. This is the true failing of the education system, they don't care if kids LEARN ANYTHING, they just want kids to pass classes, inspite of learning.
January 03, 2007
I have a nagging feeling my cousin who is about to drop the golden snatch dragon any day will be brainless after her birthing experience. She's starting to email me more regularly and incessantly talking about it. I guess she's trying to prime me for a visit once it arrives. Uh, no thanks. Hopefully I'll be off skiing somewhere when it arrives.

Better save the placenta to pick the brains out of it afterward, she's going to need them. Her life is over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login