Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2083 Teens with no manners sad smiley

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
2083 Teens with no manners sad smiley
December 31, 2006
I'm a huge eves dropper when I'm out to eat. I'm always amazed at the children, and especially the adults, who are rude and demanding to waitstaff. They don't say please or thank you, and they make too many demands. It's like they see waitstaff as their servants, and not people just trying to earn a living or pay their way through school.
Re: 2083 Teens with no manners sad smiley
December 31, 2006
i am not surprised, kids manners has been going down hill, a bout 2 years ago before i met my rowan/faust there was this grandmoo and her 2 grandbrats, going down our road to the school nearby, and as soon as they saw me, it was summer and the dogs were out, so i wanted some fresh air too.. these little monsters started giggling and actually held their noses while looking at me, the grandmoo saw and did bugger all..

99% of kids have no manners, i was shockec the other day a kid actually said excuse me, and i am sorry.. it stunned me silly.. when i was a kid.. hell even now at age 33 mum wuld still swipe my legs if i was too mean..or not polite (to parents with kids she is worse than me.. )

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 31, 2006
My mom has been a server at an upscale hotel for 34 years. She is the first to say how breeders and their sprogs will run a server to death but leave a horrible tip. Gays are the best tippers. Even as an adult, I do not touch anything in a store unless I am seriously looking to buy. As Mercurior says, my mum will still swipe my legs. winking smiley

"FUCK WORK"
BillyC
January 01, 2007
I do not know one teenager who is not in desperate need of a good belt across the mouth for their lack of manners and disrespectful behavior.

DW and I have more than our share of lazy, worthless teenagers on both sides of our family. All of them require constant asskicking and they have no brains or ambition and just seem to drift through life from one misbehavior to the next. And THESE are the brats that will be paying for my social security? Don't fucking think so.
January 02, 2007
I seriously think every person who eats out should be required to spend at least a month working in food service as a server. Nothing will teach you the value of good manners or tipping better. It should be a form of national service for teens.
January 03, 2007
I'd never make it as a waitress. First mouthy, rude customer, or customer with unruly brats would wear their dinner.

First one who tipped poorly or not at all would be followed home to have their tires slashed.

I truly sympathize with wait staff and I usually try to tip very well and not be a pain in the ass. Unfortunately, I have run across a few who were assholes, but I summed it up to some breeder or entitled fuckwad pissing them off and ruining their day.
January 03, 2007
in the UK, theres not that thing of tipping, because every employee gets national minimum wage.. tips are add ons here.. for good service we tip, for bad we dont..

when rowan/faust came here she was forever saying shall i tip this person or that.. only at restaurants or places that go above and beyond the call of duty.. would we tip.. just the way the UK are..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 03, 2007
In the US wait staff make about half the minimum wage. I think they're somewhere around 3.50 per hour now. When I was a waitress it was 2.75. The employers are supposed to make up the difference when tips don't, but that means you have to report your tips so the gubment can get it's taxes.
January 03, 2007
its £5.35 (about $11 per hour for everyone)at least here per hour, tips here are just that things after the main wages.. unless they are paid under the table.. then.. that different..

January 03, 2007
Another thing that gets me when I'm out to eat, even when we're at an expensive resturant, for the most part teens and young adults are spending most of it texting and ignoring the people who I assume are paying. It's a rare occasion when I actually see a parent do anything to discourage this incredibly rude behaviour. Yet, I bet they'd scream holy hell if their child pulled out a book, crossword or television while eating out in a resturant. I am sure these will be fine caregivers to their elderly parents.
January 03, 2007
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the US wait staff make about half the minimum
> wage. I think they're somewhere around 3.50 per
> hour now. When I was a waitress it was 2.75. The
> employers are supposed to make up the difference
> when tips don't, but that means you have to report
> your tips so the gubment can get it's taxes.

Please...in Florida, the employer does not make up the tips if a server is stiffed. Being a food server in the South is the same as being an indentured servant with how they are treated by management, restaurant owners, and customers. My mom is in San Francisco where servers have more rights. No one can force someone to leave a tip but the hourly is not the slave wage of $3.50 per hour!

"FUCK WORK"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login