Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Devastating Loss

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Devastating Loss
January 11, 2007
The missing kitty post prompted me to share this you, with my friends here on this board.

Tuesday night, we lost our beloved 5.5 year old precious baby girl kitty, Astrid.

I found her in a heap when I got home from work Tuesday. SO got home seconds after I found her. We immediately raced her off to the vet where she died in the car about 2 miles from the place.

I gave her mouth to mouth for the remainder of the trip, but they were unable to revive her. Her doctor said by looking at the blueness of her mouth, tongue and around her eyes, she had a blood clot that went to her brain. Our perfectly happy and seemingly-healthy kitty is gone.

So here I am, crying my eyes out; I'm heartbroken and devastated beyond belief. Our 5 other cats are calling out and acting strange. I was not in work yesterday because I was unable to function. Then I read about people throwing their pets away or losing them because they aren't paying attention or whatever. What's wrong with this picture?
CFScorpio
Re: Devastating Loss
January 11, 2007
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's awful when a pet dies, but even worse when they die so young and unexpectedly. My beloved 7-year-old cat died at the vet during a routine grooming. I remember the shock and sadness to this day.
Anonymous User
January 11, 2007
Aww....I am sooooo sorry to hear about your loss. (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
January 11, 2007
How horrible for you, I am so sorry for your loss.
Please take care of yourself!
DrDanCorelli
January 11, 2007
My deepest sympathy to you on your loss...I hope the poor kitty did not suffer...

I will lift a glass tonight in honor of your kitty. We have six of them (or is it seven now?) and love each and every one of the critters.
CJ
January 13, 2007
So sorry, KFLL! It's heartbreaking, I know. Please take care of yourself.
Sherz
January 13, 2007
I'm so sorry KFLL. My heart breaks for you. I'm so attached to my fur babies. Take some time off to snuggle your other babies and take care of yourself. I know when something happens to mine I'll be a mess.
January 14, 2007
I'm so very sorry, KFLL. It's a horrible pain to lose a pet, and my heart goes out to you. I shall keep Astrid in my prayers tonight. I know it won't do much good, but *hugs* for you.
January 15, 2007
Please take care and know you gave your cat the best life it could want.
RandomCFChick
January 15, 2007
I'm so sorry. I am sure you gave Astrid a wonderful kitty life full of love and happiness.
cfhistorian
January 15, 2007
You have my sympathies on the loss of your dear Astrid (lovely name, by the way)...give your other five kitties your undivided attention at this time, as I'm sure all of you could use the consoling. *hugs*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login