Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kidnapped 15 Year Old

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Kidnapped 15 Year Old
January 18, 2007
Something sounds very wrong to me. I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/politics/16490274.htm
rosgrana
Re: Kidnapped 15 Year Old
January 20, 2007
I feel very sorry for the entire family. One nightmare may be over, but I think a whole new one is beginning.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2007
I'm pissed that Shawn's parents chose to go so very public with this. And I have now lost any respect I had for Oprah for asking this, on national TV. Are they (Shawn's parents) just looking to make money? Do people get paid for being on Oprah and other such shows?

What these people SHOULD have done is just taken Shawn home and shielded themselves from the media as much as possible! How disgusting to say, on national TV, that Shawn may be been sexually abused by that Michael Devlin character! And I have lost any respect I had for Oprah for even ASKING.

The only ones I feel sorry for here are Shawn, and the other boy, Ben. They didn't ask for this shit, but now their lives will be even more fucked up than they were before all of this shit went public.

I just hope they can both get the help they need to get through this. I may not like kids very much, but I don't want to see them being abused, either.
January 22, 2007
I also feel so badly for the abducted children. It was one thing for the news to broadcast the stories. Oprah is an attention whore and a pimp for using this poor boy to boost her ratings. Shawn's parents should be shielding their traumatized son from the media rather than use him for their "fifteen minutes" of fame. This is a disgrace. sad smiley
January 22, 2007
I agree with CatMommy and Amethusos...what the hell are these parents doing? I saw them being interviewed from Chicago (aren't they from missouri? are there no television stations in Mo. that could send a signal out?) on Friday. I just wondered if your kid had been been subjected to four years of, at the very least, mental torture, why are you doing interviews at a place hours away from your own home? Why are speculating on things you haven't even been allowed to talk to your son with about for fear of his mental health? Why not just say, like the ex-FBI profilier making the rounds did, "It's better we don't know what happened, because I don't think we, as a society, really need or want to know the true extent of what happened".
Anonymous User
January 22, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also feel so badly for the abducted children. It
> was one thing for the news to broadcast the
> stories. Oprah is an attention whore and a pimp
> for using this poor boy to boost her ratings.
> Shawn's parents should be shielding their
> traumatized son from the media rather than use him
> for their "fifteen minutes" of fame. This is a
> disgrace. sad smiley

They must have no shame at all -- see the link I found below:

http://x17online.com/celebrities/what/shawn_hornbeck_gets_gifted_after_4_year_abduction.php
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login