Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Update...
January 24, 2007
Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me- more than you could ever know.

On Sunday night, Jan. 14, I made the decision to take Mom off of life support. She passed away on Monday afternoon. I didn't leave her side the whole time she was in the hospital, and held her hand as she passed. She never regained consciousness. This was an awful experience, but I learned a lot about people. I'd like to share what I've learned...

Let the people you care about know how you feel. Anger and grudges only hurt the person holding them. Forgive, and ask those you've wronged to forgive you. Let the bad things go, and appreciate the good in everyone. Nobody is perfect. Even the biggest asshole you know is a human being. If you must be angry with someone, make sure it's for the right reason. Disliking someone for what they've done is different than disliking them for who they are. Know the difference before you judge them.

Treat everyone with respect. Rich, poor, fat, thin- we're all the same. In the end, none of it matters. True wealth comes from within, money is just paper. Do what's right, not what's right, now. Live your life. Don't let any hang- ups hold you back. You have one shot in this world, don't waste it. Make any regrets you may have into lessons learned. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Life will go on, and you'll be left behind.

This stuff may seem like no- brainers to many of you, but I had to learn a lot of it the hard way.
Re: Update...
January 25, 2007
i lost a lot of people in my life, started when i was 15, lost about 22 in the next year, started with my dad, lost both grans, lots of cousins and great aunts, so i learned all the same things as you have, i wish you hadnt have needed to learn it, i lost a good frienda few years back and i learned from him, take pleasure from life, live, experience, he was only 38 when he died.

but he put more life into those 38 years, than a lot of people ever have.

i rarely get angry, its not worth it, (unless people insult my friends of which you are one, or my family), i dont suffer from envy, i dont get upset i have learned to take a step back from things, its saved me a lot of heartache. i try to treat people equally, men and women, black or white, muslims and catholics, unless they turn us into objects of derision.. which is totally wrong.

i am sorry that you had to learn all these things in that way (by losing your mother).

i am always around if you need any help.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 25, 2007
Sprogless, I am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You have my deepest sympathies.

You are right about anger and grudges. At this time in my life, I am having to deal with a lot of angry feelings and resentments toward a certain someone but have to go through this stage to come out on the other side. It is a day-by-day process and not easy. However, I did forgive someone I knew over a year ago where there were bad feelings over a misunderstanding.

I never saw the person again - even though he wanted to - because it was not in my best interest. This person was not good for me to be around at all...yet I could forgive and honestly no longer have awful feelings. I did learn how I can forgive even if it means a friendship cannot continue.

Thank-you for reminding me of this even though I have to go through this...stuff yet again!
January 25, 2007
I'm really sorry about your mom. What an awful time for you. So unexpected and just plain wrong.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. There have been times in my life where I could have made Grudge-Holding an Olympic Sport.
CFScorpio
January 25, 2007
Sprogless, I am sorry for the loss of your mom. But please be comforted in knowing that she knew you were there and knew how much you care about her. Even in a coma, she probably heard everything you said to her and could feel your hand on hers.
Anonymous User
January 30, 2007
I am so sorry for your loss. (((((HUGS)))))

Thank you for your words of wisdom. If it' s okay with you, I have passed them on to a few relatives who need to hear this the most.

Take care
DrDanCorelli
January 30, 2007
My deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones in this time.

Making such a decision is never easy, and that is one reason why I scream at the top of my lungs that every person over the age of 18 should have a written advanced directive on what they want in case of a serious emergency.
Anonymous User
January 30, 2007
Sprogless, I am so sorry for your loss.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login