Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

breeder propaganda is inundating the TV in unprecedented amounts

Posted by reeniebessagain 
I know, I know--I should just turn it off. But it seems like EVERY TV commercial features either some "darling, precocious" child with a nasal, squeaky voice, OR a woman in pig! Buy a car...because..the children! Get these interwebs service...same. PBS is one one of their endless month-long pledge drives, so no help there!
Re: breeder propaganda is inundating the TV in unprecedented amounts
August 29, 2018
You've discovered one reason that I've cut that fucking cord!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
reeniebessagain
PBS is one one of their endless month-long pledge drives, so no help there!

I love PBS, but those pledge drives drive me nuts. On Demand, baby.
August 30, 2018
and the most horrendous? portraying people with disorders that can be passed on, and they are always shown with chyldrun. Here and elsewhere we have stories from people who grew up with mental parents. and it wasn't sunshine and puppies as it's always shown. piss on them

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
EVERY DAMN COMMERCIAL. I don't have cable anymore bc it's too expensive, but I have netflix/hulu/etc. And I swear half the damn hulu commercials. Like I just saw one for painters tape ffs that shows a mom dancing through a crazy household of her kids while removing painters tape.

Pretty much *every single* car commercial either includes pregnancy/kids, or is narrated by kids. Can we just stop??
August 30, 2018
The reason for this uptick in Breedersvile on TV is because the birthrate in the United States has dropped. The politicians want future taxpayers and cannon fodder to be burst forth from American twats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
PBS never used to have month long pledge drives! I guess this is the result of diminished govt. support? And as to WHY they seem to believe that they will rein in more contributions by boring us to death with endless "doo wop music" specials and those looney "what not to eat (everything) to make yourself emaciated and healthy like me" shows?? To me, it seems that they would get more $$ by drawing people in with either GOOD new shows, or at least reruns of some great old, lost Masterpiece shows. But, nooo!
August 31, 2018
reeniebessagain
PBS never used to have month long pledge drives! I guess this is the result of diminished govt. support? And as to WHY they seem to believe that they will rein in more contributions by boring us to death with endless "doo wop music" specials and those looney "what not to eat (everything) to make yourself emaciated and healthy like me" shows?? To me, it seems that they would get more $$ by drawing people in with either GOOD new shows, or at least reruns of some great old, lost Masterpiece shows. But, nooo!

The Internet is causing general TV quality decline.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 31, 2018
Back in the 1990s, my local PBS station produced several local politics shows I liked to watch. Gradually, they went off the air and got replaced by other stuff I had no interest in. At the beginning, I was donating to the station. But by the time the last one disappeared, I stopped. Someone in their donations department called me to find out why. I told them. They told me they had to "respond to the demands of their viewers" or some other stuff like that. I told them you have lost a contributor due to your choices.

And yea, the many commercials highlighting kids are annoying. I recall here we had a thread about that Entresto commercial where they play the song, "Tomorrow" in the background while touting the benefits of the new drug. And all you see are a bunch of geezer grandparents playing with their grandkids. Don't old people who DON'T have grandkids want to take this drug, too?
I only watch TV when I'm with my mom. I don't even have my own TV, just a computer. The thing I notice most about the commercials is how many of them are for fattening food and feature thin attractive people eating it. Most of the drug commercials do feature geezers with their grand kids. Any commercial that has geezers always shows them playing with the grand sprogs and apparently having a great time doing it. I hate the mentality that having a full, satisfying life inevitably includes sprogs. There are so many other things you can do.

Recently I got a disgusting piece of snail mail offering a discount on birth announcements. I know it is because I have been printing out lots of pictures from my phone at Walgreen's. My pictures have nothing to do with babies, but I guess this stupid advertiser thinks anyone with an interest in pictures must have baybeez in their life. Yuck.
I think that Entresto commercial is also the one that has VERY long scene of a grandmoo kissing and nibbling on a baby's feet! GAK!! And all these "find out of you are _____(drug name) -Ready" Or "it's our Tresiba Reason"--as if taking some drug with "minor" side effects like "suicidal thoughts and actions", "increased risk of cancer/heart disease" etc etc etc , is some sort of "cool club" we want to belong to!
September 01, 2018
Advertisers push children and their products because they know that adults who use their products are their own long-term advertisement in form of habit to any children they have. Advertisers end up with the adults plus all the kids they have as customers. Then advertisers don't have to spend as much money or time advertising.
ondinette

Recently I got a disgusting piece of snail mail offering a discount on birth announcements. Yuck.

But we'll never see the day when they send snail mail offering discounts for college kids showing off photos from studying abroad.
September 02, 2018
They put children in those drug adds because someone thinks that if you don't have kyds or grands then you have nothing to live for. What about putting people in there frolicking with their pets?
September 02, 2018
Even churches are using their free daycare/kid activities/whatever you want to call it to push membership.
I receive a flyer at least once a week from a local (mega-type) church. Every time they mention "supervised kid activities" and include photos so that those who don't speak English understand the message. I've been receiving these for years and you can bet plenty of desperate people bring their children to church as a dumping ground. I haven't paid that much attention to the flyers but I could have sworn they included a free day camp of sorts right before skool was out for summer. However they want to package it, free daycare! I would guess they also run advertisements on tv. They seem to have plenty of money.

This same church also conveniently has Saturday night worship sessions, just perfect to drop the brats off and head out to date night. I know this because I made the mistake years ago of driving on a certain road nearby and the church has hired police to let the members out in traffic and stop oncoming traffic despite the fact that they have right of way.

It happened when I was a kid (kids in church, parents not in attendance) and seemingly has become more of a practice. Think about it, a parent may go so far as to put the kids in the car on Sunday morning and drive them to a church for 2 hours of freedom and then pick them up again. Unless there is a neighbor who does the chauffeuring. That is a pretty hardcore move to have some unencumbered free time.

There are plenty of people already occupying space that for various reasons we likely wouldn't care for. IMO having kids and then trying to get rid of them at every opportunity makes less sense than having someone move in with you that you can't stand. At least you didn't have to go to the trouble of creating the person you can't stand.
freya
Even churches are using their free daycare/kid activities/whatever you want to call it to push membership.
However they want to package it, free daycare! I would guess they also run advertisements on tv. They seem to have plenty of money.

the church has hired police to let the members out in traffic and stop oncoming traffic despite the fact that they have right of .

What I've never understood is....they're supposed to be "not for profit", which is why they get ludicrous tax breaks. Yet...they're running a daycare scam, making tons of dough, they get fire and police protection (for free...) that all non religious people have to pay for, and they still don't have to pay taxes. And cthey an still afford extra police protection, that they also don't have to pay taxes on.

This is why I think all churches should pay taxes immediately. Or, if you argue "they shouldn't pay taxes fine per seperation of church and state - OK, fine - then every single time theres a fire, they pay the fire department the full cost of putting out the fire, so the taxpayers don't have to - per seperation of church and state. Every time there's a crime at the church that requires investigating, they pay the detectives their hourly wage out of pocket, INCLUDING the taxes. Every time they need the city to do something requiring sewer work at the church, or electrical work at the church - church gets the full bill for the full cost.

This only seems fair ^^^
September 04, 2018
starlady
They put children in those drug adds because someone thinks that if you don't have kyds or grands then you have nothing to live for. What about putting people in there frolicking with their pets?

I've seen one! It featured a dog waiting by a door for its human to come home, and was iirc an anti-drunk driving ad. I found it quite moving, and delightful that a pet was being treated as worthy of that level of thought and importance.
September 04, 2018
kittehpeoples
starlady

I've seen one! It featured a dog waiting by a door for its human to come home, and was iirc an anti-drunk driving ad. I found it quite moving, and delightful that a pet was being treated as worthy of that level of thought and importance.

I've seen a couple of commercials where they have people with their dogs. One was a car commercial, but I don't remember which company. Jeep maybe?

Conner loves his Cheerios. I was thinking about contacting them, and asking them if they'd like to put a pet parrot in their ad? grinning smiley It may show that it isn't only loaves who love them. My birds adore Cheerios, and I think it would be hilarious to see a commercial that features someone's pet parrot with a Cheerio in his hand.

He's also discovered a love for blueberry Toaster Strudel. I'm in trouble!
of course, I love the pet-oriented commercials. It seems to be getting almost trite, as Subaru and now other auto brands have almost "done" dogs to death! Must admit I like the swiffer ad where the guy leaves his cat at home and has to clean his painfully neat home after he gets back. Also the nice soft (for a change in ads!) piano music where the pilot-looking guy is feeding his little dog in the big conference room, while the guy eats his own lunch. Very sweet.SO much better than the endless preggers and squalling newborns that are supposed to sell us...everything!
September 05, 2018
craftyzits
The reason for this uptick in Breedersvile on TV is because the birthrate in the United States has dropped. The politicians want future taxpayers and cannon fodder to be burst forth from American twats.

^^^ This.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
I'm sure it's been said her already, but I notice so much that having kids gives someone a "valid excuse" to have better stuff. My sister and her hubby would NEVER have bought a new car (they couldn't afford) except "for the kid"--claiming they needed a safer car. Ditto for the too-large and fancy house. Always pisses me off that every home in the USA is now presumed to HAVE to be 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, regardless of the fact that only 1-4 people live there!
September 06, 2018
reeniebessagain
I'm sure it's been said her already, but I notice so much that having kids gives someone a "valid excuse" to have better stuff. My sister and her hubby would NEVER have bought a new car (they couldn't afford) except "for the kid"--claiming they needed a safer car. Ditto for the too-large and fancy house. Always pisses me off that every home in the USA is now presumed to HAVE to be 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, regardless of the fact that only 1-4 people live there!

God forbid more than one ass sits on a toilet!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 06, 2018
craftyzits
God forbid more than one ass sits on a toilet!

Getting a really weird mental image here....
aanndd--here they go again! Some ad for a kind of glucose measuring device which is apparently embedded in your arm (eeuuuww!). They show two guys "being in a hurry", so enjoying the convenience of on-the-go readings. Naturally, the GUYS are jogging and biking. The third subject, the woman, is OF COURSE enjoying the convenience because she is toting around a toadler! Bizzy Moos are the only females who need convenience, of course
September 14, 2018
reeniebessagain
aanndd--here they go again! Some ad for a kind of glucose measuring device which is apparently embedded in your arm (eeuuuww!). They show two guys "being in a hurry", so enjoying the convenience of on-the-go readings. Naturally, the GUYS are jogging and biking. The third subject, the woman, is OF COURSE enjoying the convenience because she is toting around a toadler! Bizzy Moos are the only females who need convenience, of course

As someone who has Type 2 Diabetes (since diagnosed 3 years ago), this can be a useful device if one needs to check one's blood sugar level often. In the first few months back then, I was using the simple finger-poking device as often as 4 times per day (now down to once a day). I would have welcomed something like this less intrusive device.

That being said, I surely agree with you about how the benefit to the woman is portrayed because she is hauling a kid around.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login