Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2169 Work Issues

Posted by amethusos* 
#2169 Work Issues
February 14, 2007
I've ranted on other childfree sites about this issue. Many moons ago, I worked for a very small call center where the single and married moos felt it was their RIGHT to leave early and not finish their shifts. The excuses ranged from needing to be home with the sprogs to the single moos wanting to go out to par-tay at the club to find some other fuck buddy. All the while CF Me is stuck handling a heavier call load while working a terminal with more detailed accounts.

I did bring this up to the owner's wife who was just that...the owner's wife...although her father-in-law bestowed her with the title, "Office Manager". She made noises of how she would check time cards and informed anyone how she had to be paged before this leaving early business. One married moo made the comment of how she did not have to do what this woman said.

A never-married moo, who was NEW to the job, felt it was her right to "just scoot" when the call volume slowed down. Excuse the fuck me! She finally did get fired when I became a real bitch and reported her for 'call avoidance' meaning keeping her screen full of disconnects so she can be on personal calls. I got sick of doing all of the work when it was just the two of us on duty! The owner's wife had to be bugged about this stuff 'cause she could not give a fuck as long as SHE or her husband did not have to work more than their three-hour days.

It never fails how this behaviour happens on almost every job in very field when it comes to breeders thinking they are "entitled" to leave early, do less work, and do whatever the fuck they want because they have DNA samples running around at home. Oh...the pay was shit at the call center job yet the owner's wife wondered why I quit and how other good reps left while the nasty moos stayed on...

Don't even get me started on women who also say how single female co-workers should not complain about working overtime because they have no may-an waiting at home for them... yawning smiley

It looks like I am already started because I could relate to the woman whose cunt colleagues in Rant #2169 claimed she said "no" to cover for the breeders and marrieds out of spite for being without sprogs or someone to fuck her at night. At that same tiny call center, one woman also said how a young single co-worker should WANT to work for all of the moos since SHE did not even have a man at home waiting for her! Single women should be chained to their desks and expect to sleep there all night???

"FUCK WORK"
Amnesia
Re: #2169 Work Issues
February 14, 2007
What is it about breeding that gives people the idea they don't have to contribute ?
They're pregnant, so they miss work for a thousand different reasons.
They've got kids so they miss work for a thousand different reasons. Meanwhile the boss is pissed at me for daring to schedule a dentist appointment during work hours. But if betty breeder's kid has a school function, look out! She's going to be out that day and we should all just cut her some slack.
Then there's the never ending tales of woe that breeders seem to enjoy spreading and the weird and inappropriate behavior that goes along with it. Example:
I rented a car once and had to sit through no less than fifteen minutes of personal baby photos from the rental employee. I was actually forced to view a picture of a naked infant covered in greasy green shit. And then she began telling me the story behind the picture! When I tried to politely hurry her along she got offended and was openly hostile toward me for the rest of my time there. I mean WTF? I want to rent a car. That's it. Do I have a tattoo on my forehead that says "Yes I have tits too so please waste my time and gross me green with baby pictures!" ?? Sometimes it feels that way.
Phew! Thanks for the room for rant.
February 14, 2007
Amnesia, the dental appointment during work hours and the flack you received reminded me of the one time I called out when my menstrual cramps were so bad that my hands were shaking. This is so freaking common that it is not even funny!

This one married moo was ALWAYS out on the busiest day of the week -- Friday. Her call-outs were a "pattern" as we say in the biz...meaning we could count on her to call off every other Friday when it was busy as hell or Sunday when staffing was crucial due to a "skeleton" crew on a slower day. Nor would this mombie help out by taking an extra shift when another person was out.

Heaven forbid if this bitch worked a Friday when someone else called off. This "good religious woman" would curse and threaten to walk out. The cunt even got on a good worker's case for daring to step away form her terminal to heat up a piece of pizza for her supper which she ate at her desk! I literally "saw red" that night...

Yet, the owner's wife whined and asked if I could at least come in to work "check out" -- between 5-6:30pm -- the busiest time when the clients would send the lines to the service. I told her, "No way!" If I am sick, I will stay at home to rest and recuperate. Fuck appealing to breeders.

"FUCK WORK"
Pirate Jo
February 14, 2007
I used to work in an accounting department where a ton of overtime was being worked by myself and another unmarried young gal, but not much overtime was being worked by anyone else. Since our duties were easy to divide up among other people, and we were sick of being at work until 10:00 pm every night, I asked my boss if we could spread the extra workload around a bit more. He said that he would probably leave things the way they were, since everyone else had families to get home to, but Kim and I did not. I freaked out (since I was on my last nerve anyway from sleep and sunlight deprivation) and told him in barely civil terms that just because I wasn't a baby factory, didn't mean I didn't value my time away from work just as much as everyone else. My response seemed to catch him off guard, and he left without really agreeing or disagreeing with me. Nothing changed, so I left a couple months later, after finding another job. The other girl got married and had a kid, so I have no idea who does the work in that place now.
February 14, 2007
Oh gawd, this reminds me of my last job - where I was expected to stay late, because "hey, it's not like you have anyone to go home to". Fuck you! No wonder I quit.

When my Mom was sick and dying, I had to take vacation days to go to the hospital or stay home with her. But I'm sure that, if my Mom had been a fucking sprog, I would have been given all the free time in the world.
February 15, 2007
People just don't get it that just because you are not a pahrunt - you didn't hatch the almighty crotch fruit - that you have nothing better to do or things don't come up in your life that need attention.

I'm sick of these breeders and their mindset of once the little snatch dragon is born, that they receive a "The world is yours" membership card which entitles them to all sorts of things just because they chose to breed.
February 15, 2007
Pirate Jo, I have been there re: being overworked, underpaid, and dealing with sleep deprivation. It is not fun at all and horrible on the mental & physical health. I am not surprised how your boss did not do a thing about the situation while the breeders got away with not doing an ounce of work. It was the same at that small call center/answering service. I often wondered what the owner's wife did once good operators like myself quit. A friend I met on that job still keeps in touch with a couple of the strong ones who are still on the evening shift. The cheapskate owners still pay shit and the customer service still sucks. Life goes on in those jobs even though the former workaholics like us leave. Pirate Jo...

"FUCK WORK"
Pirate Jo
February 15, 2007
You know, I never let my bastard of a boss live that comment down, either. A couple of weeks later, I said that really, the people WITH kids should work all the overtime, because they were just going to go home to wipe runny noses, clean up messes, and break up fights anyway. Why not just stay and work? I, on the other hand, would find something fun and worthwhile to do, so I should be able to leave since I would be making better use of the time. I didn't say it in an unfriendly way, and my boss actually thought it was funny. But bottom line was, nothing changed, so I had to leave. The first thing I did when I got my new job (in a different department in the same company) was take a long vacation.
February 20, 2007
Pirate Jo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know, I never let my bastard of a boss live
> that comment down, either. A couple of weeks
> later, I said that really, the people WITH kids
> should work all the overtime, because they were
> just going to go home to wipe runny noses, clean
> up messes, and break up fights anyway. Why not
> just stay and work? I, on the other hand, would
> find something fun and worthwhile to do, so I
> should be able to leave since I would be making
> better use of the time. I didn't say it in an
> unfriendly way, and my boss actually thought it
> was funny. But bottom line was, nothing changed,
> so I had to leave. The first thing I did when I
> got my new job (in a different department in the
> same company) was take a long vacation.

I love that response! I wish more of us CF people would use it. It is true how most moos are going home to break up fights, deal with runny noses, and the constant whining. I was an only child so I felt most of my classmates with siblings lived in a savage environment with all of the fighting among brothers and/or sisters. Even as a kid, I could not imagine being a grown-up and dealing with that chaos!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login