Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dear Abby

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Dear Abby
February 19, 2007
I would LOVE to hear some of your responses to the following letter to Dear Abby:

DEAR ABBY: Is it appropriate for a couple living together -- "Carrie" is a widow and "Jake" is divorced -- to wear wedding bands on the ring fingers of their left hands? They say they are "married in their hearts" and cannot marry legally for financial reasons.
My husband and I feel that the wearing of wedding bands without following the rules of marriage (i.e., a ceremony conducted by a person licensed to marry and the receiving of a legal document) diminishes the sanctity and authenticity of our own wedding bands and those of all others who are legally married. -- JEAN IN LOS GATOS, CALIF.

My husband's was pretty short:

Dear Jean in Los Gatos:

Fuck you.

Dear Abbey
Re: Dear Abby
February 19, 2007
Why does this matter to that woman? Jean in Los Gatos must be a real busy-body. Fuck you Jean. Nosey cunt. It's not like people are going to go around making a point to say, "Even though we're wearing rings, we're not really married." Who's to know? And who cares?

This kind of shit and same-sex couples wanting to marry. Who cares? What is it hurting anybody? I have a zillion gay friends who would love to be married to their partners, and I can tell you, most of them have better relationships than the heterosexual couples I know!
Pirate Jo
February 19, 2007
Jean in Los Gatos is probably just pissed off because she didn't think of the idea first. I'll bet she's jealous.
February 19, 2007
I'd say: does she have nothing better to care/worry about? Like, seriously. Get a life, moo.
February 20, 2007
Many women tend to be nosy cunts when it comes to the sex lives of other women. Males also often judge women for sexual behaviour but females can be more vicious to prove they are "worthy" of that wedding band and white dress. Jean probably views herself as "better & pure" being that she is getting laid under the 'sanctity of marriage' and not just 'living together'. I do not give a damn if two people want to wear wedding bands regardless of marital status. Personally, I feel marriage is bunk and it is better to live together unless there are kids involved...but that is also the couple's own business as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login