Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why Breeders Should Not Have Pets

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Why Breeders Should Not Have Pets
February 19, 2007
I got a call from a close friend from home Friday night. She had to have her 14 year old dog put to sleep. He apparently went lethargic, gums all pale, and listless. Off she rushes him to the vet where the vet says he's got internal bleeding, but without extensive emergency testing, she couldn't determine what it was. This dog was in great shape, a little furry Jack LaLane, if you will. So it was bye-bye to Mr. Doggie.

Further into the conversation she tells me how she's been giving the dog ASPIRIN for his arthritis. "Aspirin?" I ask. "Yea, I haven't been able to get the dog to the vet for his check ups for the past 2 years and I know he's got arthritis so I have been giving him an aspirin every other day."

HOLY FUCKWADS BATMAN. She next gave me the whole sob story of how HAAARD it is with 2 little kids and she's always so BIZZY and all and couldn't get him to the vet where he could have gotten the CORRECT arthritis medication for a DOG. Yes, being a full time SAHM with 2 kids that go to daycare and preschool is tough. Wow. Plus her husband doing all the cleaning and cooking, life must be HELL for her. Internet shopping takes up a lot of your time.

Moral of the story here: You DON'T give an elderly dog aspirin. And if you have kids, then don't have pets.
Re: Why Breeders Should Not Have Pets
February 19, 2007
That is horrible and disgusting. I hope she ends up as uncared for as that poor dog.
Re: Why Breeders Should Not Have Pets
February 20, 2007
I feel so bad for the dog. I cried. He was so unbelievably sweet and loving, a real nice dog. Keep in mind, he was 14 but I could see him easily living another 2-3 years, he was in great shape, very hardy guy.

What's worse, once she married Mr. Breeder and they moved from their rented house to their "own" house and she became Mrs. Breeder Pleaser, Mr. Dog ended up getting confined to the den all the time because they didn't want HHHHAAAAIIIIIRRRRRR all over the house. 2 kids having the run of the place, yet the well-behaved dog is confined to one room.

Am I missing something here?

Come to my house, there's cat fur and dog fur, our pets have the run of the house. Why have an animal if it's inconvenient?
Another tale of how breeding does not make one a more compassion person. What a stupid, stupid bint. Anyone with a shred of common sense would know not to give an animal ANY medicine without consulting a vet first.
I said a little prayer for the precious doggie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login