Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"We are the selfish ones???"

Posted by amethusos* 
"We are the selfish ones???"
February 21, 2007
The latest on Britney Spears is pathetic:

By ERIN CARLSON

(AP) Britney Spears arrives to the showing of Kimora Lee Simmons' Baby Phat fall 2007 collection in this...
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Britney Spears - Search EBay & Other Sites for Items related to:Britney Spears
Search_EBay_At.ziptripz.com

Britney Spears Bald - Britney Goes Bald! Get the Latest Pictures Now.
Gossip.Starware.com

NEW YORK (AP) - Britney Spears has been ridiculed for everything from her 55-hour first marriage to backup-dancer second husband and her recent pantyless partying escapades. Now that she's entered rehab, though, the joke is over.

This is a new frontier - even for Spears, whose well-documented gaffes and personal traumas have played out in excruciatingly public fashion, including photos published of Spears driving with her son Sean Preston on her lap and another time almost dropping him.

Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph, told People magazine's Web site on Tuesday that Spears had voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time," Rudolph was quoted as saying. He didn't disclose why she entered rehab.

The 25-year-old pop star has been seen wearing skimpy outfits and partying heavily since filing for divorce from Kevin Federline in November, after two years of marriage.

On Friday night, Spears, the mother of two young sons, shaved her head bald. But that didn't send her into hiding as she was later seen wearing an inexpensive blond wig.

"You know, for these celebrities, it's really tough," New York-based psychiatrist Gail Saltz told The Associated Press. "They have no idea if anybody likes them for them. ... Everybody wants a piece. Everybody wants to make something off of her, get somewhere by her."

Spears' very public divorce isn't helping matters, said Saltz, who also suggested that Spears could be suffering from postpartum depression.

Federline's attorney had earlier confirmed that Spears and Federline would continue to share custody of 5-month-old Jayden James and 17-month-old Sean Preston this month, following terms of a January custody agreement.

"I'm a good father," Federline has said. "I love my kids and I'll always be here for (them)."

The Web site TMZ.com said Spears had entered an inpatient facility in Los Angeles after family members pressed her to check in.

Spears representatives didn't return calls from The Associated Press.

Entertainment TV shows and Web sites reported Friday that Spears had gone in and out of rehab that week.

"I think that she's finally listening to the people that are closest to her, and I think that she's probably going to stay in rehab for as long as it takes," Ruben Garay, who runs ThatOtherBlog, told the AP.

"You understand that this whole thing with shaving her head was kind of like the last straw, and that was really what led everyone (who) was already concerned about her (to) become, like, really concerned about her," said Garay, who recently closed his Spears' fan Web site, worldofbritney.com.

"She is a child star unraveling and is the perfect example of when a child star evolves into an adult and doesn't have someone telling them what to do, or giving them the right affirmative advice, and the right support," said Ian Drew, editor at large at Us Weekly magazine. "She basically started out very young in a competitive business."

Spears grabbed an electric shaver at a San Fernando Valley salon and shaved her head bald Friday night. Video on KABC-TV showed a newly shorn Spears with tiny tattoos on the back of her neck as she sat for a new tattoo - a pair of red-and-pink lips on her wrist.

Esther's Haircutting Studio, where Spears shaved her head, set up a Web site to auction off her hair and other items for a minimum price of $1 million, said J.T. Tognozzi, who owns the salon with his wife.

"This is it, the opportunity of a lifetime," according to BuyBritneysHair.com. The winning bidder gets Spears' dark, knotty hair extensions, the clipper she used to cut them off, the Red Bull she drank at the salon and her cigarette lighter.

"This girl is out of control," Joy Behar, a co-host on ABC's "The View," said Monday. "And, she's in a lot of trouble. A lot of people feel this is self-mutilation."

Craig Ferguson, host of CBS'"The Late Late Show," said that after seeing photos of Spears' shaved head, he reconsidered making jokes at the expense of the "vulnerable."

"For me, comedy should have a certain amount of joy in it," he told viewers Monday. "It should be about attacking the powerful - the politicians, the Trumps, the blowhards - going after them. We shouldn't be attacking the vulnerable."

"FUCK WORK"
Re: "We are the selfish ones???"
February 21, 2007
As a childfree-by-choice female, I have been given lots of flack for making my life choices and having the tubal ligation back in the Day. One assistant manager at a job practically called me a "slut" for daring to tie my tubes rather than whine for the Almighty Male to get his nuts snipped. His attitude was that I was going to be out there acting like a fuck toy and a party animal since my fallopian tubes were tied. I should have reported the piece-of-shit to the union but I was not outspoken at all back then but just took it! No young honeys wanted this lame-ass divorced duhd...ha!

Funny thing is that this ass was married with too damned many kids to Wife #2 and was barely paying support for the one child with the ex-wife. He was always ogling young pretty girls and made comments when they came into the store as well as making a scene when we got the magazine delivery which had Playboy in the mix. But...Karma got him when my then-husband ran into him a few years later and he was divorced once again saddled with more brat support. No young honeys wanted this lame-ass divorced duhd...ha! This is a guy who loved to criticize how women looked while he was far from being a prize himself...and I am sure he got backed up with the support for Famblee #2!

Same goes for moomies who criticized my decisions acting as if I am a hedonist...not that there is anything wrong with that...but most of these young moos I worked with were the ones out at "'da club" every night in revealing clothing and drinking until they puked at the place like Little Miss Britney. Seems like the young moos are the worst about partying while their children go uncared for and are neglected. One former cow I worked with bragged how she refused to have her two kids live with her but hoisted them on the father who wanted the boys. The boys were hellions since they knew they were not wanted by many people...while Miss Mary Moo went out in her leather mini-skirt and crop top with her "muffin top" hanging over the edge of the skirt waist looking for more guys...but she felt something was "wrong" with me for not breeding.

I live a very quiet life and do not like to go out. I do not like noise or people who are noisy. I do not drink. When out in public, I do not wear clothing that flashes my vagina or ass like Ms. Spears. Hmmmm...who would you say are the "selfish ones"???? I am also sick of conservative people who go on about Britney's tattoos being a "sign" of her issues. I have plenty of tattoos and would like to get a few more. Ink jobs is not akin to being a "low life" or "troubled". I work; I don't drink; I am a productive person. Tattoos are the least of this young gal's problems! Also...I have very short hair so hair is also the least of her acting out problems. I feel this woman regrets the latest marriage and wishes she flushed those two babies.

"FUCK WORK"
Pirate Jo
February 21, 2007
Amethusos, congrats on getting your tubal! I got the Essure procedure done three years ago and consider myself lucky to have found a doctor who didn't give me any grief about it.

I think what surprises most people is that I did something like that without ever being married. I guess it's just a variation of the idea that if I "found the right man" I'd suddenly want to have his babies. HA!

I was 34 then and will be 37 next month. It seems entirely possible to me that I will NEVER get married, and if I do, who says it won't happen when I'm in my 70's? (I think you have a better chance of marriage lasting "till death do us part" if you wait till you're a lot closer to death before you get married in the first place.)

The bottom line for me was that this is my life and I never want kids, no matter what. Getting my tubal was a reflection of my self-ownership. I'm having a great life and enjoy living it, not sitting around letting it pass me by while waiting for that "right man" to come along.

I recently met someone new who I have great chemistry with and enjoy being around, but there is the possibility he may want kids someday. So I told him on our second date about my tubal, and of course he asked about it being reversable. I laughed and said there would have been no point in doing it if it was reversable, and that I don't WANT to ever reverse it - no kids is non-negotiable for me.

I have no idea whether this will end up being a problem for him or not. If so, you know what? It won't be the end of the world. I've dated lots of guys and it was never the end of the world when any of those relationships broke up. I will have a good time seeing this guy, and if it breaks off because of the kid issue or any other issue, I will go right on having a good time in my life anyway.
February 21, 2007
Oh Lord, Pirate Jo, the man asking if the tubal can be reversed shows what he is: a person who acts as if you cannot make your own decisions about your life and body. I had those questions before from men. Most of those guys ended up not being worth knowing even though there could be the "chemistry" in the beginning. My soon-to-be ex asked that even though he knew kids were a big NO to me. He did not pressure me to try anything since he realised from Day #1 that I am very stubborn about my decisions and will not cave about anything to anyone. I am glad you like the guy but you are not so hung up on him that it would be a great loss if this ended because he wants those babies. Most men do not actually want the children but want their egos fed over their DNA being carried on.

"FUCK WORK"
Pirate Jo
February 21, 2007
You know what I think it was? I think he had this idea that a tubal was something I had done so I wouldn't have to stay on birth control pills, but that I could just go and reverse it when I was ready to have kids! I explained the Essure procedure to him - that it is NOT reversible and that, more importantly, I didn't want it to be. He did finally grasp the concept that I do not and have not ever wanted kids, and I told him that if he really wants kids, not to fall for me. He's still calling, though.

With very few exceptions, most of the men I meet really don't care whether they have kids or not. Very rarely do I meet one who has strong feelings about it one way or the other. Mostly they seem willing to go along with whatever the woman decides, probably since the woman ends up doing most of the work anyway. My theory is that since most women do want kids, the guys talk about it in a more positive light than what they really feel, because they don't want to scare the woman off. But they are secretly relieved when they find out she is childfree. That means more money and freedom for them!
February 21, 2007
Britney is such a sad, sorry excuse for a female. And to think she is responsible for 2 young children, is absolutely mind-boggling. Children & Youth should take those kids away and she should be locked in rehab for a few years.

Maybe by then K-Fed will have overdosed and she won't have to worry about him anymore.
February 21, 2007
what got me, she went to the hairdressers to have her cut and she was refused.. thats why she did it herself.

so what if she wanted her hair shaved off, sinead o connor, not one thread of hair..

they are all saying its a symptom of cutting herself, but without the blood, etc.. it may be.. but i see the hairdressers selling her hair off.

and pirate jo thats nearly accurate, sometimes the man agrees for the peace and quiet, to stop her nagging on and on..

pirate and ama, it could be that he may not know what exactly a tubal entails, a few years ago i would have asked, as i was naive about tubals, he could be asking in a typical mans way, are you going to saddle me with a kid.. but you could be right as well.

not all men are CF minded or even knowledgable. i am not defending him, just there could be other reasons why he asked.. maybe he asked it, and will say yippppeeee no brats for us.. yay.. and does a happy dance..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CJ
February 21, 2007
In a strange way, I feel kind of sorry for Britney. She never got to be a child, thanks to Stage Mommy from Hell. Nobody should try to make their offspring into a star; that's mainly for Mommy and Daddy's ego. It sure doesn't do any favors for the kid.

It IS funny, though, how people make a big to-do over her shaving her head. So f-ing what! It's hair, it'll grow! Britney actually looks striking bald (as does Sinead O'Connor). Better than many guys do, truth be told. Anyway, it would be nice if Ms. Spears could get her head on straight because those boys of hers depend on her. Too damn young to be a parent, IMHO.
February 22, 2007
exactly i have no doubt she has problems,, but her choice to shave her head (and she had tattoos done on her head which you cant do if you have hair). would they call me mad for shaving my long hair off, its shoulder length.. no, then why is she called it for the same thing..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CF VTer
February 22, 2007
Heh. I thought I was weird for thinking she looked "okay" bald. winking smiley
February 22, 2007
Pirate Jo, you are correct how many men go along with the wives whining for a bayyyyy-beeee!!!! That happens a lot! I remember one job I worked where the finance guy at the dealership told his wife that she could get pregnant. They were a young couple and the wifey was so thrilled. Immediately, she was in-pig. That was 12 years ago. I sometimes wonder how bad "reality bit them" all of these years later...

Mercurior, you are also right how not all men are in the mindset to be childfree. There are many guys who want those babies. It does not mean they want to be active fathers and take part in caring for those squalling infants. Often, it is about ego of passing their last name and genes along.

About the hair, Mercurior, I have gotten a lot of flack for sporting an almost-Sinead O'Connor look. One dumb Mexican illegal in a former apartment complex asked if I was a lesbian. I turned the tables and told her not to get her hopes up as I was not interested in her. I got sick of the, "She must be a lesbian comment," due to my hair. Yet, a man can do the same and no one bats an eye.

The latest on this saga is K-Fed is trying to get custody of the children. He does not give a damn about the kids just as he didn't about the sprog with the woman he left for Britney. It is only about getting a fat child support check. This guy will dump those babies onto his family or hire a woman to do the cunt work as cheaply as possible.

"FUCK WORK"
February 22, 2007
You guys are right. Out of all the breeding males I know, 85% of them really didn't want kids, were indifferent about it, or had the decision made for them by the breeding female.

In the end, I know both men and women, who have told me, given the decision to make over again, would not have had kids.

I enjoy 100% of my childfree time and all the things associated with it. How can any pahrunt HONESTLY say they enjoy 100% of being a parent? Right down to absolutely loving every temper tantrum, behavior issue or whatever? If they say, "Well, not those things." Then they don't 100% ABSOLUTELY LOVE being pahrunts!

Sucks to be them!
Pirate Jo
February 22, 2007
"Out of all the breeding males I know, 85% of them really didn't want kids, were indifferent about it, or had the decision made for them by the breeding female."

Yep! And I have to say, this annoys me a little, because I think if people are going to have children, that child deserves two parents who wholeheartedly said "yes" to the idea.

And I was just reading another advice columnist letter today, written by a woman whose husband goes out and has fun doing things while leaving her home with the kids. I see this all the time in my own personal life, as well, since I am involved in the biking community. These guys take off on their bikes for a day of partying and cycling with the crowd while their wives stay home with the spawn. At least some of the time the wives are complaining about it, but, well, what did they expect?

If you are a woman who wants kids and you don't want to be stuck at home like some old bag while your husband continues to have a life and do all the stuff he used to do, then find yourself a man who really wants kids! Don't just settle for some overgrown teenager who merely grunts in acceptance of the idea and "goes along with it" just to stop your nagging. Find someone who looks forward to it as much as you do, and maybe he'll change his share of the diapers. Sheesh.
February 22, 2007
Yep, but most women think by getting knocked up and shitting out the golden snatch dragon that the mayun will just have to deal and it will keep him at home.

HA! Wrong. If men don't want to be strapped at home, off they go.

Why miss out on life sitting home with kids? What are these women thinking? Some of them need a serious reality check.
February 22, 2007
Over the years of posting on childfree-by-choice sites, other CF'ers would try to give the advice of "telling the husband how he will lose his fun-filled life" when the childfree woman is having trouble with a spouse who is now demanding those babies. What a myth...

I would remind the other women how the men often DO NOT lose their "fun" when the infant is born. Even if the mom works full-time outside of the house, she is relegated to second-shift and day-off cunt work when home from her job. The fathers go merrily on their way with their activities and hobbies. They will act so "put out" if their wives ask them to "watch" their own kids for a few hours so the ladies can go shopping or do something else for themselves.

Another thing that is getting under my skin is how a "proper" female columnist in the paper today said how the no hair on Britney is okay since the columnist's sister did a "Sinead O'Connor" and it looked good. However, Ms. "Good Girl" says Brit's mom should be concerned of the mutilation of the tattoos as if only "bad women" get THOSE things. I am inked and am a productive member of society as well as not giving my family members a hard time.
March 01, 2007
I would imagine that her head shaving wasn't a cry for help, but a cry for more publicity. Why would one pay a stylist whatever amount, when you can simply go to Walgreens (or wherever), purchase a clippers for like 10 dollars and shave your head in the privacy of home. seedy motel room, alleyway or where ever? I mean, considering the fact that when denied by the styilist, she grabbed the clippers and shaved her own head, it's pretty much proof that she didn't need the stylist for anything more than taking the pictures, and giving the interviews that ended up in the news.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login