Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2186 World of Politics

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2186 World of Politics
February 23, 2007
You are very right on this one. The Republican lawmakers do seem to have a mold, life script, or standard that they think all Republicans should fit into. Follow ALL of the rules or you aren't Republican.

Things these days seem to be swinging in the direction of "all or nothing." There is no in-between anymore, no gray area, no middle of the road. And most times, that is not a good thing.

There are things about Republicans I like, there are things about Democrats I like, then there's things about both I dislike. Then there are things I dislike that aren't on either side.
guest from this rant
Re: 2186 World of Politics
February 23, 2007
Thank-you.

While I used to be solely Democrat as a young lady, I hate how they have become the Mommy Party. I am tired of the family values set on all sides of politics.

I practice Santeria. This is a very different religion. I am sure I do not fit the mold of a sort-of conservative because I also support abortion-on-demand and am a woman who chose a life without kids. I do not fit with the average Republican woman who is often a sexual puritan who goes to church and is into mommyhood.
Pirate Jo
February 23, 2007
Say, Guest, maybe you are a libertarian? That tends to be where I lean, for many of the reasons you stated.
Valkyrie
February 23, 2007
It doesn't really seem like either party adequately addresses the needs of Childfree women. The Republicans? Forget it! They have swung so far to the right that not unless there is a major shake-up with that party, the only women who are not hausfraus that they will ever accomodate would be the occasional token like Ann Coulter.

I tend to be more of a Green myself and only vote Democrat when it seems like a life or death choice. The last election, though, did give me hope that there is something left of the democratic process left in this country. We whatever our political affiliation, childfree people need to get active.

Democracy is not a spectator sport!
February 26, 2007
Even Ann Coulter is against abortion and grouses about sexuality even though she dresses in provocative clothing. Despite Ms. Coulter being an attractive and single woman, she is still very anti-woman from what I read. I would like to see more of the Republican women who are more liberal about certain things than the church-going moos like the ranter mentioned. A woman who is sexual and enjoys it is not shown in this party although I respect many things in the GOP.

All the conservative women have are the Dr. Laura types who are the worst because she is such a hypocrite: being against female sexuality while she was married before and had an affair which resulted in her willingly taking naked pics with her pussy lips splayed apart! Yet, this woman in an article ranted how a mother of a sexually-active teen girl should be sent to military school for daring to want to "screw around and be on the Pill so there is less of a risk of pregnancy". Of course, this cunt, Doc Laura, did not rail on the teen BOYS who love to voraciously fuck.

And...there were wimmin who wrote into the "doctor's" column saying how they wished their own moms were no so permissive to their teen sexuality. I am certain these dames were wanting the corporate husbands and the suburban life which is why they wanted to hide sexual behaviour from earlier liberal years. I am very socially left but am more "red" about certain things after having a far-to-the-left soon-to-be ex-husband who was a user so I hear the ranter on this issue, which is why I list NO party on my voter's card! I want to see more modern conservative women since I am not a woman who has had less sexual partners than I can count on my fingers.

Valkyrie, you are right how no party addresses a childfree-by-choice woman. Even pro-choicers are apologetic about abortion saying women only get them when they cannot afford that child or it is not the "right time". I aborted years ago when my first tubal failed. No one wanted to hear that I just did not want to be a moo, period. It was all about pressuring women to make excuses for not wanting the Almighty Baby.

It seems the only female roles in a conservative party, other than the virgin bride who goes to church and has babies, are the Doc Laura-types who had a life of "sin" in their younger years and then "repent" when they are too old to attract most men. These women rage on other women after their youth and sexual days are over.
CJ
February 26, 2007
My sexual "history," if you will, is such that you'd think I was a Republican. The only man I've been with is the one I married, though we sure didn't wait till the wedding night! And when I tell people we've been married 17 years, they about flip out. "Whoa, that's a long time!" It is? My parents were married 51 years when Dad died. THAT'S a long time!

Anyway, I'm definitely not a Republican. I'm a Democrat and have been a delegate to the state party convention since 2001. Though I want abortion to stay legal, I hate the euphemism "Women's right to choose." It's a little too vague; call it "women's reproductive freedom." I have no problem with gay people marrying, but I wish Dem politicians wouldn't pitch it as supporting "families." As if the only reason to marry is to have sprogs! Dems do seem hung up on children (paid childcare, Mommies tit-feeding in public places, etc.), but I think they do a better job overall in defending working people. That's my take on it, anyway.
March 01, 2007
I refuse to affiliate with either party as I seriously believe that the two main parties are completely corrupted by corporate money. I will only vote for the individuals whose positions I agree with most, whether or not I believe they have a chance of winning. Unfortunately, most people will either vote for a major party, or "winners", making an actual democratic process impossible.
Then there's the folks who vote because so-and-so is the type of person they could have a beer with....gah!
March 01, 2007
knowing the people i have a beer with, thats not a recommendation wink...

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
March 01, 2007
I remember that whole "beer" thing.

It's difficult to find a candidate that isn't influenced by corporate money- maybe even impossible.

I'll take that beer now...
March 02, 2007
What kills me is how formerly pro-choice candidates of either party change their tune to the forced birth mantra just to get the votes in anti-woman states.
Pirate Jo
March 02, 2007
"Unfortunately, most people will either vote for a major party, or "winners", making an actual democratic process impossible."

Feh, I have thought about this before, too. The two major parties have a stranglehold over the entire political process, which prevents us from having any real choices. They have been entrenched for so long, they have become impossibly mired in corruption. We need separation of business and government the same way we need separation of church and state, and (I would say) education and state. Then those big corporations could go back to the free market game of survival of the fittest. They'd have to win by successfully competing for customers, investors, and employees - not by getting in bed with the government. If a decent Republican or Democrat ran for office I'd probably vote for that person, but I also feel like I should vote for a third party - ANY third party, although I tend to lean Libertarian - just to upset the applecart on our existing career bureaucrats. I know that will never happen without a lot of other people sharing my view, but just because most people keep voting for the existing establishment doesn't mean I have to.
March 02, 2007
Stand strong! Vote YOUR conscience! Screw the big wigs!
Seriously, it will be really slow going, but it's the only way to change things. The politicians aren't going to do it themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login