Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2190 Landlord and his Bible

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2190 Landlord and his Bible
February 27, 2007
Yea, I hate that too. People don't realize. They think that everyone is looking to be converted or - "SAVED" - if you will.

I always love to say to people who tell me they have FOUND JESUS: "Really? Where was he? I hear most people find him under the sofa cushions with the loose change." Needless to say, that doesn't go over real well.
Anonymous User
Re: 2190 Landlord and his Bible
February 27, 2007
I didn't tell him my cat has a satanist name... :-)
I like to quote someone's signature from another cf board: When you think of why you dismiss other religions, you'll understand why I dismiss yours.
February 27, 2007
LOL My black cat's name is Samhain, Old Pagan name for Halloween - my favorite holiday. We call him Sammy Cat. When I tell people his real name, they look at me strange.
Anonymous User
February 27, 2007
My cat is named Lucifera. When I adopted her, I was mistakenly told she was a boy.

When fundies give me the talk, I tell the truth. I stole my Bible from a hotel room, I lifted my crucifix from a kid who was using it as a Ninja Star in a store where I worked ages ago, and my DVD of "The Passion of the Christ" is a bootleg a coworker gave me. The looks on their faces is priceless...
February 27, 2007
Hey, you gals are not alone - my cats are named Mina and Lucy, after the female vampires in "Dracula".
February 28, 2007
I do not understand why religion cannot be a private thing. The Christians in the US are just as bad with their belief that any non-Christian is fair game for conversion tactics. Yet, the same Christians scream when another religion is in view. They do not want pagans or any other non-mainstream faith to be visible but they want to force Jesus onto the rest of us. Supposedly, there is some more evidence that Jesus may have married and fathered children. That would blow Christianity out of the water if their messiah was just another regular dude who lived as most did in that era rather than a virginal son of a deity. Some are saying that the Christ never existed. The churches do not want any of that to get out...grinning smiley
Pirate Jo
February 28, 2007
Amethusos, I have been following those events with some interest as well. However I don't think scientific evidence is going to sway any of those folks - it never has. Some of those people think dinosaur bones were put here on earth by God to test their faith. They already know "the truth" with absolute certainty, and any facts or evidence that doesn't fit with their pre-existing beliefs will simply be rejected. They don't exactly use the scientific method. On a related note, I'm about halfway through 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, and it is excellent.
March 01, 2007
I find conversionary religious types to be completely disrespectful of the entirety of human experience. Does any sane person really need the threat of eternal damnation to do good? Isn't it enough to know through direct experience that being a good person ends up being it's own reward. Do religious people truely think that the non-religious are so weak of mind that they must intervene moral compass must be directed by a fictional book? If so, shouldn't I be out murdering the people who irritate me right now? Why is it so wrong to think that people, given access to truth, opportunity and education, have the capacity to do good for themselves and others because that really is the easiest path.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login