Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2221 - Nappy Mountain

Posted by CheeseLouise 
CheeseLouise
#2221 - Nappy Mountain
March 18, 2007
DAMN that is one ugly-ass baybee! I need some major eye bleach.

From the comments section under the article:

Took so much time, electricity, chemicals and water that with my third child I abandoned washables and went back to disposables.

Until you can make washables almost as convenient as disposables (ie. slightly easier to clean) then they will not replace disposables.

Translation: I'm too cheap and lazy to care about the environment!!
Re: #2221 - Nappy Mountain
March 20, 2007
Wow. That sure is one ugly baybee. Look at the bags under that kids' eyes. Maybe she'll grow into them.

Pahrunts don't give a shit about polluting the environment. Those diapers could survive a nuclear disaster and will be around for the next 10,000 years. It's all about what's convenient for the breeders and the rest of us will have to deal.

Now that the manufacturers may be responsible for the clean up of those diaper mountains, I'm sure diaper prices will go up. THEN we'll hear the pahrunts bitching.

Maybe the government can set up a special committee and increase taxes of the childfree to assist with the clean up of the diaper mountains so the prices of diapers don't need to increase.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2007
I had one of those kinds of friends who would criticize the rest of us for having diamond rings, not paying more for recycled products, not joining the food co-op, etc. Then she found out she would have trouble having kids and she totally went for the fertility treatments (so much for everything being natural) and ended up with twins. Now guess what? Yep, disposable diapers, formula, bottles, the SUV, everything. But I'm still bad because I'm wearing diamonds that I didn't even buy, but inherited from my mother and grandmother. Guess I'm just selfish.
RandomCFChick
March 24, 2007
And I thought I was the only one whose "natural" friends showed their true colors when they had trouble having kids. I know someone who was always a new-agey, granola type...believed in having a fairly simple life, preferred alternative medicine, avid about recycling and minimal consumption, and so on. We got along quite well and were fast friends.

Then suddenly she and her husband decide to have a kid...kind of surprised me that they opted to ADD to the world's population when they were both so aware of dwindling resources. At any rate, it's not working for them, and suddenly she's seeing western-medicine doctors, taking hormones, and so on. During all this they've been talking about selling their two-bedroom condo and buying a house with more space.

Interesting how she showed her true colors. Consumption matters less than ego-gratification. Throw some more onto that mountain of diapers!
March 24, 2007
Sorry, I've been MIA.

I'm back.

Breeders are just pathedic. They only give a damn about their babyees. Not our environment.

For some reason, I can't get to bratfree's main page. (not the forum) I don't know why....

lab mom
March 24, 2007
RandomCFChick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I thought I was the only one whose "natural"
> friends showed their true colors when they had
> trouble having kids. I know someone who was
> always a new-agey, granola type...believed in
> having a fairly simple life, preferred alternative
> medicine, avid about recycling and minimal
> consumption, and so on. We got along quite well
> and were fast friends.
>
> Then suddenly she and her husband decide to have a
> kid...kind of surprised me that they opted to ADD
> to the world's population when they were both so
> aware of dwindling resources. At any rate, it's
> not working for them, and suddenly she's seeing
> western-medicine doctors, taking hormones, and so
> on. During all this they've been talking about
> selling their two-bedroom condo and buying a house
> with more space.
>
> Interesting how she showed her true colors.
> Consumption matters less than ego-gratification.
> Throw some more onto that mountain of diapers!

What a waste, and we are the ones who have to pay for their bullshit.

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login