Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texas lawmaker offers choice: Abortion or $500

Posted by catmeow 
Texas lawmaker offers choice: Abortion or $500
March 23, 2007
NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (Reuters) -- A Texas legislator has proposed that pregnant women considering abortion be offered $500 not to end their pregnancies.

Republican State Sen. Dan Patrick, who also is a conservative radio talk show host, said Friday the money might persuade the women to go ahead and have babies, then give them up for adoption.

He said during a legislative conference in New Braunfels, 45 miles south of Austin, there were 75,000 abortions in Texas last year.

"If this incentive would give pause and change the mind of 5 percent of those women, that's 3,000 lives. That's almost as many people as we've lost in Iraq," Patrick said.

Patrick has filed legislation to make the payment state law, but the legislature has not voted on it.

His proposal calls for giving any woman going to an abortion clinic the $500 option, to be paid no more than 30 days after the baby is born and given up for adoption.

Critics say the proposal would violate Texas and federal laws against buying babies, which Patrick rejected as "the typical ridiculous criticism."

Heather Paffe, political director of Planned Parenthood of Texas, said Patrick's proposal "is very cynical and insulting to women and their families."

"It's insulting to think women would make that kind of decision so easily," she said.
Re: Texas lawmaker offers choice: Abortion or $500
March 24, 2007
yes, $500, only if they pay for the medical expenses to have the child, then give money, but even then it wouldnt be worth it.

this idea that have a kid then adopt, is a blind, they will find problems with adoption, then say why not keep it.

and to bring into the discussion about the deaths in iraq, well, the cynic in me say its just a way of saying breed for your country. and we all know what happened in a certain european country who said the exact same thing. luckily i dont think that lawmaker, who is quite probably a uber religious freak, who has a woman on the side who is pregnant. its just another way of abolishing abortion in my opinion. now i am not saying the articles below are whats happening, just you have to be extra vigilant, just in case, the road to hell is paved with good intentions..

http://members.aol.com/TeacherNet/Holocaust.html#Breed

check out this especally the Program Number Three - The Marriage Loan - Ehestanddarlehen, and Motherhood Cross

the moment when you pay people to have children, is the moment, you start to deny the freedom of choice. but they dont mention the conditions in child homes, and what about the ones already in there in need of parents, its as if the "pre-born", have rights that end after birth..

**Kindersegen (Blessed with Children). Emotional term used constantly by Nazi leaders to promote the birthrate. Although the Germans were supposed to be a people without space (see "Volk ohne Raum"), Hitler called for an ever-greater population. The regime adopted such eugenic measures as marriage loans, child subsidies, and family allowances. Added to the financial inducements was a strong propoganda campaign to bring about an increase in the birthrate. The term family was limited to households with four children or more. Those who refused to have children were denounced as worse than "deserters on the battlefield." There were special honors for mothers who contributed children to the fatherland.

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/1532/wwii/terms/k.html

now does this sound familiar, admittedly it isnt as bad now as it was then, but the cautionary tale should be there. be very careful of ideas like breeding for the state.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I wish the governments would get off our fucking backs about breeding. $500 isn't worth birthing a shit-loaf, $500,000,000 isn't worth that.
March 26, 2007
Most women are stupid and will take the lousy $500 which is not even enough to cover rent on an efficiency in a crime-ridden neighborhood! Any women dumb enough to take a "bribe" of five c-notes to not abort gets what they deserve. As for me, even a million dollars would not be enough of a bribe to shit out a baby. My choice to be childfree stems on what *I* want out of life. I have heard the "what if you met a rich man" shit. My childfree-by-choice decision will not be changed for money. I got myself "fixed" so I am protected.

This is just another form of prostitution. Society is fucked up. A woman can be paid to whore out her uterus but can be arrested for accepting money to rent out her vagina. Women are threatened or cajoled with lousy-assed bribes anytime she wants to abort. Hey...I am glad I aborted with no guilt! I value myself enough to not be guilted by society or religious zealots. Nothing...absolutely NOTHING...can make me birth a baby. I do believe motherhood is very oppressive to women. A lot of kids get messed up emotionally by their parents who often really did not want them but did so for the in-laws or felt having children is to be done after getting married.

Even though that Texas idiot says the women can give up the child for adoption, five hundred dollars is only a week's pay if someone earns $12.50 an hour! A nine month ordeal of pregnancy and sickness along withe damage that being pregnant and then giving birth does on a woman's body would take more than ten times that amount to repair via medical costs or cosmetic surgery. Complications with the kid are a big part, too, as Mercurior says. Unless a pro-lifer who loves to play "martyr" comes along, the women will be guilted into keeping it if the baby is deformed. Guilting women is an easy deal!
March 26, 2007
catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Heather Paffe, political director of Planned
> Parenthood of Texas, said Patrick's proposal "is
> very cynical and insulting to women and their
> families."
>
> "It's insulting to think women would make that
> kind of decision so easily," she said.

It does not matter WHY a woman makes the decision to abort. Not all women need to wail over those aborted babies! For me, it was an easy decision as contraception failed (that I thought was almost foolproof). Immediately, I called the clinic when the home test showed a positive result. I never wanted kids. I told the woman at the abortion clinic that my choice to abort had nothing to do with finance or health but that I never wanted to be a mother. A lot of pro-choicers only want a woman to abort if she cannot afford another little baby or has health issues. Many women who have abortions will claim that they will have those tiny babies later on as "atonement babies".
March 26, 2007
And there's reason # 34 why I firmly believe that the entire state of Texas needs to be burned to the ground, and the earth salted so nothing ever grows there to serve as a valuable lesson to the rest of the world to learn to think and reason sanely. With the shitty job most parents are doing raising this next generation, they should be offering women $500 to have abortions.
I feel very lucky to have been raised in a pro-choice family. I always knew that if birth control failed and I didn't want to have a baby, I'd be able to tell my mom and then the next step would be an abortion. To me that was just the logical progression that I took for granted:
1. Get birth control and use it.
2. Have sex.
3. Probably don't get pregnant due to #1.
4. If #1 fails, then get abortion. Rinse and repeat.
I happened not to get pregnant and so have not had an abortion, but I certainly don't consider myself spared a traumatic experience, except for the physical unpleasantness of the abortion itself.

I also have a friend who NOW is very into being a parent, but she had an abortion in high school and for her it wasn't any more emotional than getting a wisdom tooth pulled. Birth control failed, she didn't want to be pregnant in high school, and she didn't want a baby at that time or with that guy.

I guess some women are traumatized, or feel guilty, but I think for most of them it's because they've been brainwashed. And even if it isn't, one can't generalize and say that it must be something ALL women feel even if they won't admit it, which some people are indeed trying to say.
March 26, 2007
I think most women feel post-abortion guilt mostly because socety tells them how bad it is, you know because children are the future and there are never enough of them.
When a woman becomes pregnant, she's a glorious life giving goddess.
If a woman miscarries, she's a tragic figure who should wallow in sorrow and misery, but still try try try to make that wonderful symbol of the love between her and her life partner.
If a woman thinks rationally, "I can not raise a child right now" or "I can not go through pregnancy" and terminates the pregnancy she is considered a tragic skank ass ho with no self control, or if she's lucky simply a cold, heartless bitch.
March 26, 2007
I am either a tragic skank-ass ho or a cold, heartless bitch for not having any guilt over aborting back in 1994 because I did not want a tit-leech. I would rather be considered a heartless bitch or a skanky ho rather than feel coerced by society to birth a baby that I never wanted! I do not give a damn what people think about me. That is their problem. One thing I hated about the Kerry camp during the '04 election is how that cunt Theresa Heinz Kerry went on in The New Yorker how a woman is heartless and cold if she is not weeping over that abortion. The damned Dems are just as into guilt despite claiming to be "pro-choice" to gain votes. That is all their views are about: gaining the female vote. Other than that, they do not give a damn about women and reproductive rights. Like Jappy, I am very fortunate to have been raised by a very pro-choice mother who was not screaming for those grandbabies.
March 26, 2007
amethusos* Wrote:
> catmeow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Heather Paffe, political director of Planned
> > Parenthood of Texas, said Patrick's proposal
> "is
> > very cynical and insulting to women and their
> > families."
> >
> > "It's insulting to think women would make that
> > kind of decision so easily," she said.
>
> It does not matter WHY a woman makes the decision
> to abort. Not all women need to wail over those
> aborted babies! For me, it was an easy decision as
> contraception failed (that I thought was almost
> foolproof). Immediately, I called the clinic when
> the home test showed a positive result. I never
> wanted kids. I told the woman at the abortion
> clinic that my choice to abort had nothing to do
> with finance or health but that I never wanted to
> be a mother. A lot of pro-choicers only want a
> woman to abort if she cannot afford another little
> baby or has health issues. Many women who have
> abortions will claim that they will have those
> tiny babies later on as "atonement babies".

amethusos*, this was not a quote from me; I only copied the article from Reuters to the board.

If forced-birthers like Sen. Dan Patrick care about children as much as they claim to, they should open their homes and provide financial support to all the existing unwanted kids. Senator Patrick said that there were 75,000 abortions in Texas last year during a legislative conference, which I believe is an exaggerated amount. No matter how many there were, it's that many fewer welfare cases. Also, it's that many fewer potential child abuse cases.

If I ever become preggo, I would terminate the repugnancy ASAP and have no regrets over it. It would be the only solution for me!
Besides being pro-choice, my mom always said that when I reached adulthood, she was DONE raising kids! She always told me that if I ever did get knocked up in high school or college and refused to abort or at least adopt out, that I needed to have a plan for rent, food, school, medical expenses, etc., that did not include any form of parental support either financially or in terms of time. In her opinion (which I agree with), if I was adult enough to make that decision for myself, I was adult enough to be on my own in the world.

She also always said she was in NO HURRY to be a grandma and had no interest in being a provider of baby-sitting. It was always clear that if I had a baby prior to completing school, it would be a tragedy, not a blessing.
Well, just classify me as a cold, heartless bitch! No regrets at all, EVER! Only immense relief.
March 27, 2007
You know, the mere thought of accepting $500 instead of having an abortion is so stupid that it is physically PAINFUL for me to think about.

Imagine a world where people are allowed to make their own decisions. One where you are not nagged, berated and belittled for thinking on your own. One where people don't try to influence you with their agenda. One where people make informed, educated decisions looking down the road of the future instead of the instant gratification they get in the here and now.

We could almost make a Walgreen's "Perfect World" commercial out of it.
March 27, 2007
CFinPDX Wrote:
> Well, just classify me as a cold, heartless bitch!
> No regrets at all, EVER! Only immense relief.

That was ME, Girlfriend, when I had my abortion. The patients were supposed to rest in another area of the clinic after the abortions were done. I got up out of the little bed and was helping to serve juice & crackers to the other patients. I was so relieved and happy that I was talking a mile-a-minute. I bet that bitch, Theresa Heinz Kerry, would have freaked on me being such a heartless ho! grinning smiley
March 27, 2007
jappygrrl Wrote:
> Besides being pro-choice, my mom always said that
> when I reached adulthood, she was DONE raising
> kids! She always told me that if I ever did get
> knocked up in high school or college and refused
> to abort or at least adopt out, that I needed to
> have a plan for rent, food, school, medical
> expenses, etc., that did not include any form of
> parental support either financially or in terms of
> time. In her opinion (which I agree with), if I
> was adult enough to make that decision for myself,
> I was adult enough to be on my own in the world.
>
> She also always said she was in NO HURRY to be a
> grandma and had no interest in being a provider of
> baby-sitting. It was always clear that if I had a
> baby prior to completing school, it would be a
> tragedy, not a blessing.

My mom is exactly the same as yours! When she gave me the sex ed talk, she made it very clear how abortion was THE option if I got pregnant. There was not going to be any Bringing Baybee Home for Mom to Raise shit. I was also told that I better make arrangements to live at the County Home aka housing projects and struggle with food stamps & little gov't money if I was dumb enough to want a screamer as a teen or even as an adult. I wish more mothers would lay down this sort of law rather than let their little cunts come home with infants that Mother ends up raising while the little bitches are out running the streets again.
March 27, 2007
Both my parents seem relieved and happy when I tell them I won't ever be making grandparents out of them which just makes me love them even more.
My fiancees parents aren't in the same mindset, but they live 8 hours away and have 4 grandchildren from their other 2 kids, so nuts to them.
I had a co-worker whose mom I admire very much, though I never met her. Thius coworker got pregnant at 15, and didn't want to have an abortion. Her mom shoved her in the car and drove her to the grocery store. Every time the girl tried to talk her mom just yelled, "You shut up. Don't speak to me." Then she marched her into the baby aisle and started pulling stuff off the shelves and throwing it at her, yelling, "How are you going to pay for this? And this? And this? Look at the price tags!" Some store worker came up and the mom turned on him and yelled, "Do you see this little girl? She is PREGNANT! She wants to ruin her life! Now get the hell out of here!" and apparently he turned away and asked other shoppers to just avoid the aisle for a little bit.

Anyway, long story short, she did cut her daughter off and make her move into the projects and do the welfare food-stamp thing, and when she got into credit card debt, she had to declare bankruptcy...no bail-out from mom. Now her mom is taking early retirement and moving to a posh apartment in a resort community, rather than continuing to work so she can make things easier for her daughter and maybe help her grandson with college.

And I say, good for her! And to my co-worker's credit, she totally supports her mother and thinks she did the right thing by making her do it all on her own.
March 29, 2007
jappygrrl Wrote:
> I had a co-worker whose mom I admire very much,
> though I never met her. This coworker got
> pregnant at 15, and didn't want to have an
> abortion. Her mom shoved her in the car and drove
> her to the grocery store. Every time the girl
> tried to talk her mom just yelled, "You shut up.
> Don't speak to me." Then she marched her into the
> baby aisle and started pulling stuff off the
> shelves and throwing it at her, yelling, "How are
> you going to pay for this? And this? And this?
> Look at the price tags!" Some store worker came up
> and the mom turned on him and yelled, "Do you see
> this little girl? She is PREGNANT! She wants to
> ruin her life! Now get the hell out of here!" and
> apparently he turned away and asked other shoppers
> to just avoid the aisle for a little bit.
>
> Anyway, long story short, she did cut her daughter
> off and make her move into the projects and do the
> welfare food-stamp thing, and when she got into
> credit card debt, she had to declare
> bankruptcy...no bail-out from mom. Now her mom is
> taking early retirement and moving to a posh
> apartment in a resort community, rather than
> continuing to work so she can make things easier
> for her daughter and maybe help her grandson with
> college.
>
> And I say, good for her! And to my co-worker's
> credit, she totally supports her mother and thinks
> she did the right thing by making her do it all on
> her own.

Right the FUCK on!!! This woman's mother rocks, Jappygrrl!!!

About 8+ years ago, I read an article in Readers Digest about the "plight" of unwed teen moos. One young woman came from a wealthy family. She got knocked up by some little asshole who was maybe 18. Her mother and father made it very clear to their daughter that she was not staying home with Baybee. The high schooler and the young man moved to a shitty apartment complex.

Not surprisingly, Young Daddio bolts around the time the kid is two which is common. At that point, Young Mommy is about 18. There were no invites to Teen Breeder to come back to the family home. The young woman worked two jobs and barely made "ends meet" financially. The mother of this stupid twat made it clear that she and her husband would help out very little when it came to money but there would be no babysitting or either of them staying in the family home.

I am sure many readers read this and thought the parents were oh-so mean. I read the article at work when it was slow and I was like, "Right ON!!!!" It IS[/i] about time! Too many mothers coddle their dumb little daughters when some piece of shit knocks them up and feel that life will be rosy at home with their mums catering to the little bastards' every scream.

About the same time, I read an article in the local paper about a single mother who worked damned hard to make a good life for her daughter. Daughter gets pregnant and births the deadebeat's ejaculation. Of course, the girl's mother is the one taking care of the toddler and is constantly on her bitchy daughter's case to do the right thing by taking care of her OWN child and to continue school. There will be no early retirement for Young Grandmama as she allowed her cunt daughter to fuck up her life along with her own.

Your co-worker's mother was right-on to take her bint daughter into the store and yell at her about the costs of baby crap. Too bad the girl did not abort. I am certain your co-worker secretly wishes she flushed that baby...even though she claims she is glad her mother made her do the right thing. Is your co-worker in better straits or is she still in single moo hell?

When I got an abortion when contraception failed, my mother was very happy. There was none of this, "I want a grandchild," thing. I am damned lucky to have the mom I have even though she can get under my skin about other stuff...as moms can do!
March 29, 2007
jappygrrl Wrote:
> I had a co-worker whose mom I admire very much,
> though I never met her. Thius coworker got
> pregnant at 15, and didn't want to have an
> abortion. Her mom shoved her in the car and drove
> her to the grocery store. Every time the girl
> tried to talk her mom just yelled, "You shut up.
> Don't speak to me." Then she marched her into the
> baby aisle and started pulling stuff off the
> shelves and throwing it at her, yelling, "How are
> you going to pay for this? And this? And this?
> Look at the price tags!" Some store worker came up
> and the mom turned on him and yelled, "Do you see
> this little girl? She is PREGNANT! She wants to
> ruin her life! Now get the hell out of here!" and
> apparently he turned away and asked other shoppers
> to just avoid the aisle for a little bit.
>
> Anyway, long story short, she did cut her daughter
> off and make her move into the projects and do the
> welfare food-stamp thing, and when she got into
> credit card debt, she had to declare
> bankruptcy...no bail-out from mom. Now her mom is
> taking early retirement and moving to a posh
> apartment in a resort community, rather than
> continuing to work so she can make things easier
> for her daughter and maybe help her grandson with
> college.
>
> And I say, good for her! And to my co-worker's
> credit, she totally supports her mother and thinks
> she did the right thing by making her do it all on
> her own.

There should be more parents like this. Yay for this mom! If I had been in the store when this happened, I would have cheered her on.

I wish people who work and pay taxes--like myself--were not forced to bail out the welfare hos with what is confiscated from our paychecks. If welfare payroll deductions were voluntary, I would not give a freakin' penny to the skanks!
Count me among the other cold, heartless bitches who had an abortion when I was younger. I have zero regrets, except being stupid enough not to use proper contraception and allowing the stupid asshole to impregnate me. My mom always blamed herself for not teaching me more about contraception and my choices, but I was in nursing school at the time and there were simply no excuses for what happened on my part.

I had a tubal a few years ago, and I love the freedom. No sperm infection will affect me again, and I could not be happier.

Well, I could be happier if that dickhead neighbor would stop letting his dog shit on my front yard.
One last note on this mom. Has she considered volunteering for Planned Parenthood? She rocks!

My stepmom told her four daughters (when they were in their teens or so), that if they got pregant, they were finding housing, food, baby paraphernalia somewhere besides her house. She would not be a babysitter, nor would she dole out money.

All four daughters stayed childfree until they got married. Except for one, her husband couldn't stand kids and told her so while they were dating. They have 3 poodles instead. I think they made the right choice (even if they are poodles - to me poodles seem very high strung).
Updates on the mom and the teen single mom:

I don't know if the mom volunteers for Planned parenthood, but she should!

The co-worker is still in single moo hell, except that her son is old enough that she doesn't have to worry about baby-sitting and a few years ago, duh decided that he would do his part and pay some child support and spend time with his son.
Thanks for the upate! I also think dumb bunny daughter should volunteer at Planned Parenthood as well (mother/daughter act - boffo!!!!!).

I was glad I was sitting down while reading your post, because I would have fallen down after reading the duh finally got a conscience and is starting to be in his child's life both financially and physically (someone should notify Ripley's Believe it or Not!!!).

Childfree RULES!
I am getting this picture in my mind of some muffin-topped repuggo hick trash breederette headed to Squall-Mart with her $500 junk-laden shopping spree with Madge's "I'm gonna keep my baby" blaring on the car radio.

Mind bleach, please.
April 04, 2007
CFBfromLA, I hate those "muffin tops". When I was a little heavier, I would NEVER wear those low-rise jeans with a shorter top. I see the "muffin tops" peering out over those jeans in stores or elsewhere in public and wonder if these girls even look in the mirror before going out. Being a bigger woman does not mean that the gal cannot look good...but trying to squeeze into teeny clothing never makes anyone look "nice" regardless of size. I still do not like low-rise jeans because it is very uncomfortable where the "waist" band hits in the lower abdominal area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login