Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2234 Immigrants and Their Kids

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2234 Immigrants and Their Kids
March 26, 2007
I hear ya. Yep, come here and sponge off the hard working Americans just because you had a kid you cannot afford to take care of!
Re: 2234 Immigrants and Their Kids
March 26, 2007
Thank-you, girlfriend! I am with the ranter on this issue. Hard-working people come from all walks of life and ethnic background. I am so fucking over people saying how Americans will not do certain jobs due to being "lazy". Also, I am tired of people saying how foreigners are the only ones who work hard. All we want as Americans is to be paid a living wage that is fair with the work we do.

Picking fruit does not take a college degree or a ton of work experience; however, it is very taxing on the body. If Americans were paid decently to do that job, I am sure there would be applicants all over the place. There are always complaints about Wal-Mart yet Chicago's newer stores had throngs of people applying with the pay rate of a little over ten dollars an hour whereas some places pay barely above minimum wage for the same type of work.

I know of some illegals who work their asses off and should be allowed to say. The others do not need to be let into the country or deported. And, I have known legal immigrants who believe they are "entitled" to all of the goodies America has to offer despite maybe being here for a few years and barely paying into the tax system...and committing misdemeanor crimes as well! I wish their citizenship had a clause where it could be revoked. I also got to work with some who are lazier than any American...just as the ranter stated.
Re: 2234 Immigrants and Their Kids
March 26, 2007
and then u get places like this (and no it isnt april 1st)

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=42576&in_page_id=2

It's the immigration theme park
Sunday, March 25, 2007
One lucky visitor gets the full border guard treatmentGun-toting guards and angry bandits are not the welcome you might expect at a theme park.

But these are the people greeting the tourists and thrill-seekers who want to play at being illegal Mexican immigrants for the day – and tense, dangerous night.

Visitors to the Parque EcoAlberto are put in the position of desperate workers struggling to escape across the Mexican border into the US.

They must hike through undergrowth, dash down steep hills and across rivers, and slip under barbed-wire fences.

Also, they must stay out of the crossfire of watchful border guards during the four-hour night-time ordeal known as 'caminata nocturna'.

Each visitor pays 200 pesos (£10) for the privilege, in contrast to the £750 that real-life people-smugglers can demand.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login