Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry: 2235 - bad behaved kids are worse in nurseries

Posted by Anonymous User 
On Sunday evening, we went to see BIL and SIL as we were in the neighborhood after shopping. We brought pizza to end the week-end well. After supper the youngest started acting up and being impolite. He's 5 and goes into a daycare centre. I found this article in a French newspaper and sent it to my in-laws, saying maybe that's why he's impolite. In fact, it's because BIL and SIL don't discipline their stupid kid.
Re: Entry: 2235 - bad behaved kids are worse in nurseries
March 27, 2007
Here in the States, the news is how daycare kids tend to be the worst behaved. It has nothing to do with daycare centers as children go on to spend their entire day at school when they turn five years of age. The problem is how Today's Parent refuses to discipline her child. I see it in stores when the toddler scream and writhe on the floor during a tantrum. Instead of grabbing the brat and taking him/her to the car to spank or just take him/her home, the mother just caves in and buys the little terror candy or a toy. That is not going to placate a kid but only teach him/her how acting like a brat will get the "rewards". No breeder can expect an overworked and underpaid nursery worker to be the one to instill values and discipline in every single child. This alone is the job of the parents.
March 27, 2007
Absolutely! Although, the breeders always have to have someone to blame, it couldn't *POSSIBLY* be their exemplary parenting skills or banner methods of discipline, now, could it???? Or lack thereof, maybe???

Pahrunts refuse to take any of the blame. It's always blamed on the schools, daycare, other kids, teachers, clothing, music, movie, you name it. No pahrunts, the root of the problem is right there under your nose, under the very roof of which you sleep.
March 27, 2007
KFLL, remember the 1980's of "quality time" versus just being there for one's child. Yet, the same breeders wonder why their kids from that era are whiny, spoiled, and refuse to fend for themselves as adults. These children were given material goodies over good old-fashioned parenting. Now, society is paying the price for the "quality time" bullshit!
One of my DH's uncles cured his son of temper tantrums when he was 2. The kid (who is almost 18 and very sweet) started acting up in a store, threw himself on the floor and you can imagine the rest. DH's uncle started calling everyone in the store to gather round his son and he said in a loud voice: Look at the baby crying, you're just a big baby. No one likes babies who cry. He said stuff to make the kid self conscious. The unwanted behavior stopped immediately, because he felt ashamed and no one took pity on him. I love that story.
That kid is now almost adult. He's very polite and last week when I saw him, he had long hair. I teased him about it: Hey punk, why don't you get a hair cut. He just smiled and took it as a joke.
I agree with Amethusos that it is entirely the parent's fault. They throw their kyds in daycare the minute they are old enough to be accepted. They also expect the daycare providers to be completely responsible for their kyds but then pitch a freaking fit if the workers try to discipline the brats.

Same thing in the public schools, they scream long and loud if their brats get in trouble and are disciplined at school and all the while the irony is lost on them that said brats wouldn't be getting in trouble at school if the parent's had done their jobs and disciplined them at home in the first place. What pisses me off is that the schools almost always back down.
March 28, 2007
my gran stopped my tantrums, with a slightly more radical way, my older brother also had them, but they didnt stop him, and my gran said as soon as i tried, "well we had enough of that from your brother" and she got a big pan of water which she was going to boil up, so it was cold water, ice cold, and she let rip all over me, tell u what i never had another one.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 28, 2007
Mrs. Ogre, I remember when I was about 5 or so how my own mum cured me of public outbursts and tantrums. I wanted some candy by the checkout counter of the supermarket. Mother said, "No." So, I did what a nasty sproglette does: scream and cry. My mom took this kiddie-shit cereal out of the cart and handed it to the clerk. Immediately, I shut the fuck up. Still...no cereal! I sure as hell learned MY lesson...moody smiley
My mom took this kiddie-shit cereal out of the cart and handed it to the clerk. Immediately, I shut the fuck up. Still...no cereal!

That reminds me of a time I was disappointed in my best friend's wife (A), when it came to their kid (K) ...she, I, and K went to the store and on the way back K started acting up about something, I can't remember what. A told her if she didn't behave she wouldn't be able to have the M&Ms A'd bought her, and K didn't behave so A told her no M&Ms. Which made K freak out MORE sobbing about "I want M&Ms!!!" She got the damn M&Ms (after the whole "if you get your M&Ms, will you behave?" "Yes" bullshit--of course she's going to say yes!). The fuck? Why even give her a consequence if it goes away when she makes a fuss about it? Not A's finest moment in parenting, IMO.

The weird thing is, I get embarrassed if I"m around when other peoples' kids make a fuss. But then, I guess I would feel that way if I were around a couple when they got into a fight, or something along those lines too. But, I wonder if I'm more embarrassed by other peoples' kids behavior than they are...
My mom took this kiddie-shit cereal out of the cart and handed it to the clerk. Immediately, I shut the fuck up. Still...no cereal!

That reminds me of a time I was disappointed in my best friend's wife (A), when it came to their kid (K) ...she, I, and K went to the store and on the way back K started acting up about something, I can't remember what. A told her if she didn't behave she wouldn't be able to have the M&Ms A'd bought her, and K didn't behave so A told her no M&Ms. Which made K freak out MORE sobbing about "I want M&Ms!!!" She got the damn M&Ms (after the whole "if you get your M&Ms, will you behave?" "Yes" bullshit--of course she's going to say yes!). The fuck? Why even give her a consequence if it goes away when she makes a fuss about it? Not A's finest moment in parenting, IMO.

The weird thing is, I get embarrassed if I"m around when other peoples' kids make a fuss. But then, I guess I would feel that way if I were around a couple when they got into a fight, or something along those lines too. But, I wonder if I'm more embarrassed by other peoples' kids behavior than they are...
March 30, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> That reminds me of a time I was disappointed in my
> best friend's wife (A), when it came to their kid
> (K) ...she, I, and K went to the store and on the
> way back K started acting up about something, I
> can't remember what. A told her if she didn't
> behave she wouldn't be able to have the M&Ms A'd
> bought her, and K didn't behave so A told her no
> M&Ms. Which made K freak out MORE sobbing about
> "I want M&Ms!!!" She got the damn M&Ms (after the
> whole "if you get your M&Ms, will you behave?"
> "Yes" bullshit--of course she's going to say
> yes!). The fuck? Why even give her a consequence
> if it goes away when she makes a fuss about it?
> Not A's finest moment in parenting, IMO.

It reminds me of the time I was in a Wal-Mart in line behind a blonde SAHM with the requisite capri pants. Her toddler was making a scene about not getting anything. The moo goes ahead and gets the brat candy to make him behave. Stupid woman! This was years ago. I can imagine what kind of terror this moron now has on her hands...lurking
March 30, 2007
I think that once a kid starts misbehaving, the number of smacks should be in direct proporation to how ill-behaved they are acting.

You start a fuss, you get whacked. Keep it up, you get whacked again but a little harder, you do it a third time and your ass is hauled aside and smacked around until you shut your hole, or are unconscious.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login