Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nephew's BDay Party

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Nephew's BDay Party
March 27, 2007
This past Saturday, SO and I drove back to my hometown for my nephew's 2nd birthday party. At McDonald's nonetheless (I know, GAWD help me). Amazingly enough, all the kids were well-behaved. No one killed their young-self on the HabiTrail or anything like that. Yes, it was loud, but my head wasn't ready to explode by the end.

What bothered me, is this. There was a man, appeared to be about mid-40's, with his 3 year old daughter sitting out in the regular restaurant part eating. He sat there ignoring her, reading the paper. She noticed the party and when she was done eating, she came in and politely asked if she could play with the other kids. SIL said yes. She was back in the play area with our party for about an hour. NOT ONCE did this father look up from his newspaper to even check on her. I watched her and all the while, she was so well-behaved. When it was time to sing the obligatory HB song, she stood around with the other kids.

My mom and I started talking to her, asking her name and what not, apparently the mother has died or whatever, all she said was, "Mommy's not around anymore."

My question is, so what's with this father dude? He looked as if he was just BEGGING for someone to take her. And no mother. I can only hope this little girl grows up to be as polite and well mannered having only half a parent around for guidance. Maybe duhddy is looking for a mommy to raise her so he can spend all the time he wants reading the paper.
Annie
Re: Nephew's BDay Party
March 29, 2007
Dear KFLL,

Bless you and your mom for being so kind to that little girl. It broke my heart to read about her completely clueless father/guardian. I just hope she won't turn into a teenager who will do anything for attention from her parent. Some kids eventually begin to believe that even negative attention is being better than completely ignored. And unfortunately for female teenagers, that includes getting pregnant, etc. etc.

There's going to be a special place in hell for that loser of a parent.

At least by you and your mom's example, she knows there are kind and caring peole in this world.

Way to go, women!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login