Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Products for Women

Posted by Elizabeth 
Elizabeth
Products for Women
April 12, 2007
I am so sick of all these commercials where if the product is geared towards women, they always ASSume woman = MOO. Women's vitamins have folic acid for, or energy boosters for MOOS, shampoo commercials show MOOS, car commercials MOOS, car insurance MOOS, department store sales stuff for MOOS, lotions MOOS, everything is for MOOS, or worse bizzy MOOS, like food to make for da snotlings. The only things that don't show women = MOO seems to be make up, sex stuff, or period stuff.

I also hate those antibacterial commercials that show cleaning only for the sake of brats, and these stupid brats who do stupid things, and moo always smiles serenely. And that damn Brook Shields commercial where she says she only has a clean mouth for her brats.
Re: Products for Women
April 13, 2007
I hear everything you say, Girlfriend! I am also sick of almost every damned product for women being marketed for the pre-pregnant or the pregnant dames. Any vitamin for a woman is targeted with the advertisements of how folic acid is good for that gestating bay-bee. Anything for sexuality is only seen for a "questionable" woman. Even magazines geared for non-moo women have tons of articles about what to do if the woman wants that baby but the man is reluctant or she is single. Society is so stuck in that Madonna/Whore mentality. Brooke Shields was really cool before she did the "get married and become a moo" thing. I have a cousin who was really neat before she also did the above...
April 13, 2007
I'm tired of this shit as well. These asshole advertisers cater to the moos of the world, as if they are the only ones buying anything. I use Clorox wipes to clean the litter boxes between thorough scrubbings, do they ever show a cat owner using the product this way? NOOOOOOOO. Only the breeder moo of the world with a sprogling attached to her in some form.

Because after all, kyds need to be in a germ-free environment or they will spontaneously combust.

That's ok, as SO and I saunter off to an event, expensive dinner, or destination that the breeders can't to go because the kids are too much of a pain in the ass to take or can't go because of the kids, I will rest assured that they are home doing shitty piles of laundry using Tide, wiping sticky hand prints from the countertops with Clorox Wipes, or scrubbing Snotleigh's toys with Soft Scrub.
April 13, 2007
did you know, i think i may have mentioned it here or on britgirl.com, that folic acid, actually can be dangerous as it hides a b12 deficiency, and b12 deficiency can lead to mental problems, and sometimes death.

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/vegetarian.html#link11

The first manifestation of vitamin B-12 deficiency is usually mental disturbances. These range from abnormal mood swings, mental slowness and memory problems, through hallucinations and depression to severe psychosis. Physical symptoms include: rapid heartbeat, cardiac pain, facial swellings, jaundice, weakness and fatigue and loss of weight. While a dose of active vitamin B-12 given by injection can cure symptoms very quickly, there is a hidden danger. A largely vegetable-based diet provides large quantities of folic acid, which works in conjunction with vitamin B-12. In a diet which contains folic acid but is devoid of vitamin B-12 the folic acid can disguise the vitamin's deficiency. In such a case, irreparable damage to nerves and the spinal cord can take place such that by the time symptoms become apparent, death is inevitable.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
April 16, 2007
I am so glad I am not alone in seeing this. There are even people that believe all women are pre-repugnant, and should live like they are repuggo, to prepare for dat baybee eye rolling smiley It's sickening.

Yah, Brook was cool before she became a moomy.

Mercurior, maybe that's why so many moos are insane; they are taking all that folic acid for da baybee.
April 17, 2007
They've started to show that repugnancy test ad I hate so much - the one that makes me puke my guts out. "You could be barely pregnant..." Urgh! And the woman in the ad looks like such a breeder cunt, too. Ovaries on legs and nothing more.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2007
Argh, it posted twice.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2007
That commercial is disgusting two faces puking

They also just showed that damn commercial for a medicine where they say, 'Women should not handle this drug due to birth defects.' Newsflash for these losers, NOT EVERY WOMAN BREEDS!!! They could at least say gestating women if they are so worried about da baybeez.
Anonymous User
April 18, 2007
I've noticed myself subconsciously trending towards buying products that are marketed towards men, just because I haven't been offended by the ads. Seriously, I'm the kind of woman who, even if I did have a kid, would hate to be looked at as "just a mom". Let's face it, my having blue eyes is more rare and special, by population percentages, than being a mom. And since all you have to do to be a mom is have sex, it's frankly just as much an accomplishment.
April 18, 2007
What the hell?! Barely pregnant? Like being infected with syphillis, you either are or you aren't, there ain't no inbetween sunshine. What a load of bullcrap. However, since I hate advertising and am generally enraged when I sense that I am being targeted by marketers (generally by using music from beloved bands who no one has heard of), I don't mind the trend that all women are walking birth canals waiting to spew forth, and all men are walking genitals waiting for something to thrust into. I am comforted to know that I, and my ilk, are not included in their target marketing group for whatever bullshit they say one should buy to make them a happier and better person.
Sherz
April 19, 2007
Have you seen the Suave commercial showing the woman breastfeeding? I just saw it this evening. Yuck!
CFBitchfromLA
April 19, 2007
I work for an ad agency that targets the health care industry. Some of the campaigns we have created are in national publications, television and other visual media. The worst ones we get are ones we internally call the "crotch segment" like tampons, "feminine" deodorant sprays and similar products. You have to see a room full of men and women discussing the semantics of "how fresh can we make your twat" to get a lifetime of laughter.

We did a few proposals for condom manufacturers a few years ago, and ultimately gave up because a room full of women had too many laughs at the expense of our male counterparts trying to formulate a campaign around polite ways of saying "fits your dick".

I guess someone has to sell these products, but it sure can be a shitboat load of fun watching human behavior when it comes to the crotch.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2007
How about 'in accomodating sizes'? winking smiley
April 20, 2007
"tailored, for your pleasure"?
Anonymous User
April 20, 2007
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They've started to show that repugnancy test ad I
> hate so much - the one that makes me puke my guts
> out. "You could be barely pregnant..." Urgh! And
> the woman in the ad looks like such a breeder
> cunt, too. Ovaries on legs and nothing more.

I ABHOR those pregnancy test commercials in general. What the fuck is "barely pregnant" anyway? Ooh, I know! Just barely enough to abort it! winking smiley LOL
Anonymous User
April 20, 2007
The thing that kills me is that folic acid is good for a hell of a lot more than a healthy pregnancy...but they don't tell you that. So all of us CF folks think "oh, I don't need to worry about folic acid, that's for pregnancy." But it's for other stuff too.
April 20, 2007
I'm guessing "barely pregnant" means the cunt's fuck-of-the-week is still zipping up his fly while she's running into the bathroom to pee on a stick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login