Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cause of death....stupidity.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
cause of death....stupidity.
April 22, 2007
BEIJING (April 22) - A crocodile shot to death in south China during a search for a missing 9-year-old student was found to contain the child's remains, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

The child, surnamed Liu, disappeared Friday after Liu and three other children climbed over the fence around a pool in the park that had been used to stage crocodile shows, Xinhua said.

"The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."

I wonder if the rest of the little shits will ever deliberately torment a live animal again?

I don't feel a bit sorry...except for the crocodile. Good riddance.
BillyC
Re: cause of death....stupidity.
April 22, 2007
Remember to send the other crocodiles some Tums. Brat sushi must be upsetting to the stomach.
Anonymous User
April 22, 2007
The sad thing is...you know everbody like the kid's parents were just so horrified at those awful vicious creatures who ate that precious innocent child!
April 23, 2007
Exactly. 1 less stupid child in the world. Unfortunately, the poor alligator had to pay the price.
April 23, 2007
Well, that should serve as a valuable lesson to stay the fuck away from alligators. Seriously, if your child is so stupid as to go into the alligator enclosure to torment it, it doesn't need to be in the gene pool anymore.
Priscilla
April 23, 2007
OMG what is wrong with you people!!!!

Okay the kids fucked up and should not have did what they did to the cocidile but to say something like "good ridance" is a bit strong dont you think? C,mon guys where is your hearts? Imagine how the parents must be feeling...Dont you have the slightest bit of sympathy for something like this? Yes it was a silly thing for the children to do but a child has lost his life in a horrific way and you say good ridance????

I agree with some things you guys say on here and you all make some valid points but some of you seem cold and bitter.What has happened in your lives to make your heart so hard?
Uh, Priscilla.,,let me explain. Stories about animal abuse are unfortunately all too common, and too often the perps are children. No doubt about it, being eaten by crocs is one nasty death. But jeez, what were the little expletives doing in the enclosure to begin with? "Hey, let's torment the animals!" Maybe the dead kid's friends will learn something from the experience. As it is, Darwin found another one...
Priscilla
April 23, 2007
cj I see what you are saying,the littleones should not have been there in the first place yes this is right but that kid did NOT deserve what happened to him.
I just thought the way people reacted about it saying "good riddance" was a silly thing to say.
April 24, 2007
ok priscilla, imagine if these kids discovered it was ok to torture and abuse animals, now, one of the key indicators of serial killers, is they love to abuse and injure animals.

they will go from hurting animals, to hurting humans.

now saying that, where was his parents, where was his teachers to tell them its wrong and bloody dangerous to annoy crocodiles.

**The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles**

now do you blame the crocodiles for protecting themselves, no, yes the kid died, but it was due to the kids own stupidity.

i disagree he did desevre it, because he was patently not intelligent enough to weigh the risk, it was the kids fault his responsibility, and if he died due to it, then it is his fault and deserves the punishment.

its like putting your hand in a fire, you should know better, but you did it anyway, and you have to pay the price. in this case the price was death.

i know i sound a little cold, but thats just me. death is the consequence of abusing dangerous animals, (i include humans in that as well). if they cant realise it, then i have no sympathy for him, but i do for his family,

for so many years, children and adults, have been told that it wasnt their responsibility, it wasnt their fault, its always someone elses problem, the devil made me do it, that they dont have to take responsbility for their own actions, this is the most extreme case admittedly.

its like these children who wear spiderman outfits, and actually think they can fall from tall buildings, and stay safe, this kid thought it was ok to beat up a dangerous animal, same for anyone who attacks a potentially dangerous animal, and not expect it to fight back.

who's fault was it, in reality it was the kids fault, not the animals.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 24, 2007
The only thing we can hope for here, is that the dead child's equally stupid friends have learned a very valuable lesson.

Hopefully seeing their friend ripped to shreds has burned an indellible image in their minds that they will not soon forget, and they will think twice before hurting another animal. If not, we can only hope Darwin will take care of them for us. The gene pool is very polluted.

The alligator was only doing what alligators do. And if you are stupid enough to go into their enclosure, then whatever happens to you is your own fault. That's the problem with the world today, everybody makes excuses, shifts blame, and no one takes responsibility for their actions.
April 24, 2007
If you are a parent who has raised a child to 9 years who does not know that it is dangerous to enter an alligator enclosure, approach the alligators and torment them, then no I have no sympathy for them and their loss, and I do say "good riddance" with pride. If you feel that is a bitter, cold and heartless thing to say, well that's how YOU feel, and you are entitled to that. However, to say I must feel sympathy for the death of someone (of any age, I might add) who embodies such a horrifying combination of cruelity and stupidity is simply a waste of words.
April 24, 2007
I'd add here that not a single post included the words "good riddance", except that last one of course.

As to what happened in my life to make me so heartless that I feel no sympathy for a family that raised and then lost such a cruel and stupid person? I guess you can blame my parents for making the effort to teach me that cruelity is the worst trait of humanity, and certianly NOT an activity to be engaged in with anyone (animal or human). After years of working with all manner of miscreants, I made the decision on my own to have absolutely no respect or sympathy for cruel people as they tend to go out of their way to intentionally have a detrimental effect on the lives of others. Simply put, there is absolutely no logical reason for me to feel anything but contempt for them, kind words aren't going to change them, and respect simply implies to such people that what they are doing is valid. Stupid people, I believe, should be allowed sympathy as there are a wide variety of reasons why people are stupid and generally simple stupidity doesn't involve intentionally making the lives of others miserable.
Priscilla
April 25, 2007
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd add here that not a single post included the
> words "good riddance", except that last one of
> course.
>
>

Ah.... I think you should check the first post on this subject,It clearley says "good riddance"

I said that the kids did a bad thing.Yes indeed they did.The little buggers had no buisness being where they were and doing what they did but yes I feel very sorry for the child dying in such horriffic circumstances and yes I feel for the parents.

I also feel it was wrong to destroy the crocidile because as someone pointed out it was only deffending itself and getting a good feed at the same time.It was all handled WRONG.

Although tragic something can be learned from this.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2007
Aye 'tis I who offered "good riddance" and I still carry the same opinion, make no mistake about it.
Priscilla
April 26, 2007
frndofbear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aye 'tis I who offered "good riddance" and I still
> carry the same opinion, make no mistake about it.

Wow.....
April 26, 2007
Ahhh..the joys of not reading carefully.
Right on, Friendofbear.
Anonymous User
April 26, 2007
I'm not sure that I am quite to the "good riddance" point...but I do feel that the parents are responsible for their own child's death, much more so than the crocs. The child had reached the age of 9. And he didn't fall in somewhere. He:
1. was left unattended.
2. did not know enough not to trespass (climbed a fence to access a restricted area)
3,had premeditated this as he and his friends had to have brought these catapults in, which means he is horribly cruel and hateful
4. had parents who either didn't notice he had these slingshots or whatever, or did notice and allowed him to keep them with him in a zoo, where he clearly should not have them
5. made a deliberate choice to torment animals
6. was taken to a zoo without being warned about what wild animals could do
For any one of those things to be true would represent a horrendously bad job of parenting. However, ALL SIX of them are INDISPUTABLY true, or this could not have happened.
I don't really feel anything for him and his parents. I feel bad for the poor tormented animals that could not escape and could only defend themselves in the way their instincts dictated. And I hope that parents learn from this that they actually have a responsibility to teach their children to behave like normal human beings in society, not just for everyone else's sake but for their own continued existence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login