Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pregnant Workers Fairness Act…WTF?

Posted by CrabCake 
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act…WTF?
February 19, 2022
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/03/bipartisan-bill-would-make-it-easier-for-pregnant-women-to-keep-working.html

So this bill is making its way through Congress. It passed the House last year. Aren’t pregmoos already considered a “protected class?” Apparently that’s not enough!

“The bill would require employers to provide “simple and reasonable accommodations” for pregnant workers such as a water bottle, a stool to sit on or a better-fitting uniform, Casey said.”

So the sows can’t manage to provide their own goddamn water bottle?? And if they need a better fitting uniform, just….use a bigger one? Let me guess, it’s not “fashionable” enough to wear a huge size and hurts their self-esteem or some shit. Jesus fucking Christ, what’s next?

Another major negative of the pandemic is idiots who use it as an excuse for everything…and here’s another example. Covid made it haaaaaarder for the poor moos when schools went virtual because they lost their free babysitter!

And how about the part that the pandemic is causing declining birth rates….like that’s a bad thing?? All these people crying about climate change should be cheering!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Pregnant Workers Fairness Act…WTF?
February 20, 2022
This just sounds like a good way for employers to avoid hiring women so they don't have to deal with this shit. How many employers balk at letting anyone of any gender or reproductive status sit down at work (if the job typically does not involve sitting) because people might think the employees are lazy if they're sitting down while ringing up groceries?

How many piggos will also use this act as a way to screech about their delicate condition at work so they can do next to nothing and still get paid under the threat of a discrimination lawsuit? Every pigged up Moo will have a wildly different idea of what constitutes a "reasonable accommodation" for her bloated ass. Would a man be allowed to use a stool and be given a complimentary water bottle if he's got a health issue that makes working more difficult? Or is it only for piggos? Seems unfair if only women can have such accommodations due to a change in their state of health. Yeah I know men don't get pregnant, but what if a man gets surgery and is under doctor's orders to not lift heavy things, exert themselves too much, stand for long periods of time, stay hydrated and so on? Many employers do not like accommodating their employees in states of temporarily decreased well-being because they don't see their employees as people - just as good little disposable worker drones.

The way I'm seeing it is good employers most likely already make these allowances for their pregnant employees and the ones who don't are either going to ignore this act or, as I said already, simply refrain from hiring women because they will be seen as more troublesome if they get themselves knocked up.
February 20, 2022
This would not be a bad idea except...it's just for pregnoids. If the bill were fair, it would include anyone who is going through a health issue (I didn't know being knocked up was a disability, but I digress). A lot of people suffer with temporary or permanent health changes while on the job and offering them some way of still being able to do their job but make it a little easier for them is a good idea. I just don't see why this is for preggos only.

This is only going to hurt women going further because employers will consider the chance that they will have to accommodate them if they decide to get pregged up.

WTF is with the water bottle? Can't piggos buy their own? Everyone requires regular hydration, not just them.
February 20, 2022
I think everyone here knows this will make hiring of young women harder. Of course, maybe this IS the real point of this bill. To try and control women again.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 20, 2022
twocents
I think everyone here knows this will make hiring of young women harder. Of course, maybe this IS the real point of this bill. To try and control women again.

Twocents dropped a truth bomb!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 20, 2022
What pisses me off more than anything about this is the fact that it is a bill that really doesn't do anything more than give a few nominal benefits to inpigs so they can feel a bit more special than the rest of us. I suffered through years of discrimination due to being female and of childbearing age. I've had prospective employers actually admit that I'm a huge flight risk because of being female and my age. I guarantee I'm in good company.

These petty benefits are the hill these inpig women want to die on? If this passes then it is going to be even more difficult for women in general to be taken seriously. This bill is a laughingstock.

“Being Pregnant Is A S**t Excuse Not To Come See Me. You’re Not Special – People Have Babies Every Day, They Squat In Fields." - Anna Delvey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login