Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2284 - The Non-Breeder

Posted by amethusos* 
#2284 - The Non-Breeder
April 24, 2007
Right on for "Kirsten" for telling Dr. Phil that she was no breeder. It is hard for a woman to publicly admit that she wants nothing to do with those babies and will not use one to "salvage" a trouble marriage. A baby makes a bad marriage even worse. However, we all know this woman is going to get A LOT of flack for daring to share this bit about herself... lurking
Re: #2284 - The Non-Breeder
April 24, 2007
Oh I'm sure. She'll be lambasted by the mommies 10 ways to Sunday.
She'll be called everything from selfish to a child-hating monster.

Oh well, that's life. At least she, like the rest of us selfish child-hating monsters, can live out our lives in peace and sanctity, with the freedom, free time and money to do whatever it is we please to do and not have to worry about some screeching shit loaf ruining our existence. We get to sleep in, spend more time on our pets and have clean, organized homes. Welcome to the club, Kirsten!!
April 24, 2007
KFLL, I hope "Kirsten" is strong enough to withstand the braying of the breeders and family. I have known women who truly wanted a childfree-by-choice life but ended up having a baby when the husband wanted a DNA replica or felt pressure to produce a grandchild. It is awfully hard for a woman to keep on trucking with a CF attitude. I am extremely grateful that I was able to not lie to myself or others about this issue regardless of the flack I have received from people. And...believe it or not, I have lost a couple of friends over my lifestyle choice to be childfree. YES...people are THAT petty!
April 24, 2007
I always find it hard to believe that maintaining a cf attitude is difficult. If you truely don't want children, why would any amount of pressure make you change your mind? I mean, from what I've experienced, actual child free people seem to be more able to think things through, and stand up for themselves. I can't imagine any one of my child free friends, or any of you all, bowing to "pressure" from any entity simply because their reasons for not having children are so valid and well thought. Having a child simply "to make so-and-so happy at the expense of my entire life" seems to go against all logic and reason in my mind.
April 24, 2007
luckily i havent lost any friends, but then i dont have many IRL, but when they see my passion, my commitment, and they know me, they know.

but i can see how the continuous bingos, and comments can push someone over the edge. i know several women, who have kids, and they seriously regret it, they fell for the life will be perfect if you have a kid. and thye found it was too hard, too disruptive, and they regret it. but the deed is done so to speak.

but the die hard hardcore nothing will change our minds, its the one usually new to the idea of freedom, they can be led they see the constant bickering, constant, harranging, of the CF, and a few will slip but i can almost guarentee a lot of those regret it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 25, 2007
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always find it hard to believe that maintaining
> a cf attitude is difficult. If you truely don't
> want children, why would any amount of pressure
> make you change your mind? I mean, from what I've
> experienced, actual child free people seem to be
> more able to think things through, and stand up
> for themselves. I can't imagine any one of my
> child free friends, or any of you all, bowing to
> "pressure" from any entity simply because their
> reasons for not having children are so valid and
> well thought. Having a child simply "to make
> so-and-so happy at the expense of my entire life"
> seems to go against all logic and reason in my
> mind.

Feh, you are a strong woman with her own mind. So am I. However, not many women are able to withstand the pressure from husband, parents, in-laws, church, etc. when it comes to their own lives. I wish more women would feel strong enough within themselves to stand by a choice to remain childfree if that is what they want out of life. When I did security at an abortion clinic, many of the young women tried to justify their abortions by telling me that they WOULD have a baby later down the road. I did tell the ladies that they did not have to become a mother EVER if that is what they wanted.
April 25, 2007
Feh and Am, I agree with both of you. I always felt sorry for the poor, weak souls who are not strong enough to say FUCK OFF when other's are messing with their beliefs, goals, wants, needs, and dislikes. Stand up for yourself and focus on what is good for YOU. Everybody's got input. Friends, pahrunts, the chyrch, you name it. They need to start teaching "how to have a strong mind" courses in elementary school.

My best friend from home is the perfect example. She did not EVER want children but was so desperate to have a husband that she gave in to his desire for a famblee. And now she is a miserable, worn out, tired wreck. Immersed in Breederville, driving the SUV, shuffling the boys here and there. She has lost her identify. Can't go a single place without them.

Having a baybee to please someone else is the ultimate in making your life a living hell.

Am, that was great advice you gave those girls. So many girls think that they HAVE to have a baybee at some point in their life. They feel they have to justify having that abortion by saying "some day."
April 25, 2007
GAH!!
I am so frustrated, and pissy, I probably shouldn't be posting anything. Seriously, women feeling like they have to justify their abortions pisses me the hell off. Apparently, "I can get rid of this growing collection of cells now or I can expell them naturally and then we can be on welfare TOGETHER!" or a simple "I don't want a child now" isn't justification enough?!! I guess, because while it's still barely legal, even the liberals say it's such a tragedy and oh those poor, skanky women who just don't know what they're doing, then women are forced to be ashamed and make justifications that have nothing to do with being proud of yourself for making a good decision. After all, when you're considered worthless but for what your reproductive organs can do, if you go against reproduction, well then you're back to worthless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login