Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi there from newest member + random rants

Posted by liz 
Hi there from newest member + random rants
May 13, 2007
Hi CFers
I just want to introduce myself - I'm a happily single,CF woman and I am so glad I found this board! It's great to feel I don't have to censor myself. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Some random rants - I'd like to know if you've experienced similar situations and how you dealt with it.

Rant # 1
I was in the changing room at a boutique a few months back cos I was gonna try on a top - it had cubicles but no doors/curtains if you KWIM? Just before I was about to strip in comes moo plus grandmoo with a Shitford - I'd say he was about 7 - too old to be in the ladies changing room IMO. If that wasn't bad enough Shitford just plants himself 3 feet away from me and stands staring while moo and grandmoo chatter away. I cleared my throat and gave the little fucker a death glare - he wasn't long bolting off lol. Maybe I hurt his widdle feelings? I went back out to the boutique and I mentioned it to one of the assistants, she told me that she'd asked moo if he'd like to wait outside but moo refused,saying " he'll be safer with me".WTF?! I didn't go back to that boutique for months and when I did, they had curtains in the changing room. . .

Rant # 2
Am I being totally paranoid here, but when I apply for jobs I honestly think that my gender and age works against me. Even though I'm CF and determined to stay that way, I know so many moos who do the job for the bare minimum time until they can go on mooternity leave, then disappear. this crap makes it even harder to be taken seriously and affects all women in the workplace. Don't even get me started on the times I've had to pick up the slack. . .

Rant # 3
I live in a semi-detached house and there's a she-brat next door of about 18 mts. When the little shit was born, for about 4 months solid, she cried and screamed for hours on end. It got to the stage that I was like a zombie from lack of sleep. At that time, I was working in an office and had to start at 9.00 am. Moo didn't work so she was free to catch up on sleep, whereas I had to get up. I didn't want to complain to the moo cos I have a samoyed and she's knocked on the door before complaining about him "always barking". I can assure you he does not - her loaf makes far more noise. Yet anytime I mentioned this to anyone I got "she's just a chyyyuulld" "you were a baby once" "ya can't complain about a wee baayybee", etc. I really resented being made to feel selfish for wanting a little sleep - it's not my brat and I didn't sign up for it.

Whew - feels good to get that off my chest! Thanz for letting me rant and stay CF

Liz
Re: Hi there from newest member + random rants
May 13, 2007
hi liz, welcome to this board,

your rant 2, well i am a male, and i find that in a majority of businesses, at least in the UK, they like to hire single mothers, more than single men, why.. i have a theory that its to say "hey look at us at our caring business we hire unemployable women who we know will leave after having a child because we are child friendly".

in my particular field, there are more women doing the job i am trained for, but they leave after a year(mooternity), but come back then off again, and so on.

in the jobs i have done, i was always the most dependable, the one who worked hard, and was told i worked too hard, because i didnt stand gossiping, all day long, or have kids, or.. bring in pictures of children..

this practice doesnt just affect women, it affects men as well. i have had to cover for maternity leave so many times, but they always come back after 4 or 5 months, and so the job i had is gone, then i get called in again a year or so later.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 13, 2007
Hi Liz and welcome!

# 1 - No way in Hell would I go there without curtains or doors.

# 2 - That is the main reason I am dreading having to look for a new job right now.

# 3 - I am SURROUNDED by breeders. Seriously, I am the ONLY single and childfree woman in my entire neighborhood, it seems. Summer of 2005 was pure Hell because of some toadler across the alley screaming its head off at 7 AM every morning. I swear, I almost had a nervous breakdown. But things have gotten better since, thankfully.
May 14, 2007
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Liz and welcome!
>
> # 1 - No way in Hell would I go there without
> curtains or doors.
>
> # 2 - That is the main reason I am dreading having
> to look for a new job right now.
>
> # 3 - I am SURROUNDED by breeders. Seriously, I am
> the ONLY single and childfree woman in my entire
> neighborhood, it seems. Summer of 2005 was pure
> Hell because of some toadler across the alley
> screaming its head off at 7 AM every morning. I
> swear, I almost had a nervous breakdown. But
> things have gotten better since, thankfully.

Welcome Liz! Medusa said it best. I often feel that being female does work against me even when I applied for "woman's jobs" as it is ASSumed that I am going to announce a pregnancy and then quit...even though I am 43!

*Sigh*...I know what it is like to pick up the slack for moos on the job. Even if the co-workers' sprogs are older or teens, it is the same shit. My work hours get changed due to Mommy's issues or plans with the family. I do not do that any longer since I may need a job but will not starve without one...
May 15, 2007
Hi Liz and welcome!!!

Medusa, SO and I are also, the only CF couple in the entire neighborhood. Everyone else is a breeder. The couple across the street from us is CF but it won't be long before they start breeding, they are married about a year now.

It's so hard to find nice, childfree friends to hang out with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login