Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you ever think parents have stockholm syndrome from their kids?

Posted by touzokuou 
The question was in my mind for the past few days, so it needs to be said. Do parents have Stockholm syndrome from being burdened by their kids? Their spawn give them absolute hell and yet the handlers still love them. I am convinced that parents have Stockholm syndrome just so they won’t end up killing their kids(or worse, themselves) in the future.
Some do, I'm sure. It depends on the personalities involved and the circumstances.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Do you ever think parents have stockholm syndrome from their kids?
June 05, 2023
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Because Stockholm syndrome is characterized by a victim (the breeder) developing a sense of affection for their captor (the brat), but many parents love their kids out of expectation and obligation, which of course is not real love. There's definitely some overlap between an alleged parental bond and Stockholm syndrome, but I think there are also some small differences between the two as well.

Here is part of the definition of Stockholm syndrome from the Cleveland Clinic's website:

Many medical professionals consider the victim’s positive feelings toward their abuser a psychological response — a coping mechanism — that they use to survive the days, weeks or even years of trauma or abuse.

In the sense of being a coping mechanism to survive the trauma of brat wrangling, I agree that parenthood is similar. I've heard many Moos refer to the first few years of their kids' lives as being in "survival mode" because they have to love this horrible creature that does nothing but soil itself and scream constantly, changes their lives in extreme ways and barfs up half the food they get fed.

But this is the Moos specifically saying this. Ever notice how it always seems to be male breeders who shake their babies to death and very rarely female breeders? Not saying it doesn't happen, but why is it that mothers will develop the Stockholm-like psychological symptoms to cope with their screeching brats and men are more likely to lose their tempers and abuse/abandon/neglect/kill their kids? Again, I think it's a sense of obligation where the women feel like they have no choice but to suffer and the men have more "freedom" to react in ways aside from being a slave to their spawn.
It has to be this to a point, so they dont end up killing them.

All I know, If I say anything to a breeder about the drudgery of child wrangling, they will basically defend it in some shape or form. If I keep my mouth shut long enough in the relationship, they will admit the drudgery. Some will even admit it long in to the child's adulthood.
Most of the time this is self imposed by the parents.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Do you ever think parents have stockholm syndrome from their kids?
June 09, 2023
yep, stockholme for sure. but mootard and duhtard brains have been turned to mush so I don't expect much intelligence out of them. they weren't that smart to begin with

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Indeed. There wasn't much to start with.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login