Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why birth an unwanted kid?

Posted by cfdavep 
Why birth an unwanted kid?
February 01, 2024
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/1aggmeb/my_brother_has_confessed_to_me_that_he_regrets/

Over on reddit cf a woman admitted that her brother knocked up a girl when he was 17, she had the kid and took off leaving him to raise it. The kid is now 15 and he admits it was the worst mistake of his life. The fifteen year old has huge rage issues and broke a guitar. The duh can't get into a relationship as he can't find a woman who will put up with it. The moo is long gone, but pays child support. I mean..why have the kid at all ,she is paying for a kid she does not want and the dude is living with huge regret and can't undo any off it.
It must be that they were forced birth or were convinced by forced birth friends and relatives to have it. I always wondered how people can't see this coming miles away
Re: Why birth an unwanted kid?
February 02, 2024
I don't know how anyone can think having a child as a teenager will be anything other than an absolute dumpster fire. If Moo fucked off and abandoned her brat, could he not have given it up for adoption? Or did his family not let him do that? Why did she even give birth to it if she didn't want it? From a religious family that pressured her into keeping it, maybe?

Just because you make a brat and/or get pregnant does not mean you need to "step up" and care for it, especially if you don't want it, don't know what you're doing or are unprepared. Sometimes, giving a kid away is the best option for everyone involved. Sounds like the guy did as good of a job at parenting as one can expect from someone who was practically still a kid himself. Maybe it's good the raging bastard son keeps potential dates away because the last thing this motherfucker needs is to make another brat, given his track record with his first one.

I hope he's happy because I'm sure his ragey brat will never be able to move out, have a job, finish school, go to college, or be independent due to his behavior. He'll probably mooch off Duh for the rest of his life.

I don't blame the kid for this shit because he is most likely a product of his environment, but I think he is also well beyond the point where therapy can help him. He is a fucked up lost cause and he's gonna get shitty with the wrong person one day and get shot.
February 02, 2024
I think the teen is a rage case because his father convinced himself he was a good guy for stepping up and raising him when in reality the father did not want him and wished he never existed. I bet the kid picked up on all of that subsconsiously and knows he is not wanted, so the rage is from the resulting mental health issues of a mother who did not want him and a father he can see is only pretending to want him

There is a lot of that "I would do anything for my kid, but if only there was a time machine he/she would not be here" out there.
February 02, 2024
Men do this all the time. It's interesting how many people hide kids they have. I worked with a guy who had a kid he never saw. I didn't find out until I knew him for many years. He presented himself as unencumbered.

About the link in question, I wonder if the teen Moo rightfully wanted to adopt out the child but the guy was guilted into taking the kid. He probably got a lot of props at the time. And he sounds like a shitty parent who enabled the kid.

He's the kind that would stick the kid in front of a screen whenever it had a tantrum and was never good at saying "no." As a result my nephew is addicted to technology and junk food. He's broken several TVs and is banned from my house after he broke my husband's guitar in a rage. He's failing out of school and verbally abuses my brother. My brother has been unable to date because my nephew has chased away potential girlfriends. He's looking into military school for the kid

I don't know how anyone can think having a child as a teenager will be anything other than an absolute dumpster fire.

If you are a religious nut job or Right Wing Republican, it's all about punishing the girl for having sex by making her immature body bake and squirt out a flesh loaf, excuse me, I mean "stepping up" and "doing the right thing" and marrying the creep you unsatisfactorily fucked without protection because Mom and Dad (f there even is a Daddy at all) didn't tell you anything about sex because Teaching Kids About Sex Just Makes Them Want to Have SexTM, and we cannot have our daughter doing impure things with a Boy.

And at the same time, if the girl marries the guy, she's considered "damaged goods" and she needs to stick with him no matter what. Look at Bristol Palin.
February 02, 2024
Even if the kyd wasn't a rager, the forced duhd still mighta thought it was the worst thing ever and his life a clusterfuck.

Even prepared, good parents feel this way and voice it when they feel comfortable notwithstanding the taboos against voicing your revelations that parunting isn't all worth it.

The remainder of parunts keep these thoughts to themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login