Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas tantrum from 5-year-old girl

Posted by clematis 
Re: Christmas tantrum from 5-year-old girl
December 23, 2011
Reason Eleventy-seven not to have shitlings. See how nice she thinks Christmas is when I turn her useless little ass over to the adoption agency. Ugh.
December 23, 2011
I cried once on Christmas day. I was around ten years old, and my moo and I went to my half-sister's house to open presents. She had my niece and nephew by then, who are just a few years younger than me. I was just a kyd, so it was kind of exciting.

The thing was, my birthday is a week before Christmas Eve. I had gotten birthday gifts, but they were under the guise of being "birthday - Christmas" gifts. Nothing really great, either...mainly sweaters and stuff. I never was in favor of people picking out my clothes, because I rarely ever got clothes that I liked.

I had to sit quietly while my niece and nephew tore into present after present, while I watched quietly, with nothing to open. I finally did get one gift, and it was socks and fucking underwear. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed and I started to cry. They got all these super-cool toys and games, while I sat there with underwear and socks.

My moo and sister felt guilty, so they offered to let me "help" open my nephew's and niece's presents, but I knew they weren't meant for me.

I wasn't a greedy kyd by no means, but it really did suck. I felt cheated and unimportant...it was as if I didn't matter enough to get a gift, even though I was far better behaved than either of the others.

I didn't throw a tantrum like this girl. I didn't start throwing my underwear and socks around, but it wasn't a good Christmas at all.
December 24, 2011
mumofsixbirds
I cried once on Christmas day. I was around ten years old, and my moo and I went to my half-sister's house to open presents. She had my niece and nephew by then, who are just a few years younger than me. I was just a kyd, so it was kind of exciting.

The thing was, my birthday is a week before Christmas Eve. I had gotten birthday gifts, but they were under the guise of being "birthday - Christmas" gifts. Nothing really great, either...mainly sweaters and stuff. I never was in favor of people picking out my clothes, because I rarely ever got clothes that I liked.

I had to sit quietly while my niece and nephew tore into present after present, while I watched quietly, with nothing to open. I finally did get one gift, and it was socks and fucking underwear. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed and I started to cry. They got all these super-cool toys and games, while I sat there with underwear and socks.

My moo and sister felt guilty, so they offered to let me "help" open my nephew's and niece's presents, but I knew they weren't meant for me.

I wasn't a greedy kyd by no means, but it really did suck. I felt cheated and unimportant...it was as if I didn't matter enough to get a gift, even though I was far better behaved than either of the others.

I didn't throw a tantrum like this girl. I didn't start throwing my underwear and socks around, but it wasn't a good Christmas at all.

That was just plain cruel they did that to you! My mother's birthday is on Christmas day, so she's always been a victim of the "birthday-Christmas" combo thing too. It's not a big deal to her, at least not now, but I haven't been able to NOT notice the friends of hers who do the two in one gift thing, yet THEY expect and get a birthday AND Christmas gift from her. I always make it a point to give her two separate gifts and cards because I know she's been "cheated" her entire life, although I have never heard her complain.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 24, 2011
mumofsixbirds

Anyone who lumps a kid's near Christmas birthday and the Christmas holiday as a reason to kill "two birds with one stone" is a fucking douchebag. They are two separate events and any child above the age of two knows this. You do not need to be a "greedy" child to know when something is truly a douchebag move. If you are going to make it some kind of "birthday/Christmas" deal, at least do it with something spectacular for the recipient. I am not a greedy person, but if this were me in your position, I would have been fucking bawling too.
December 24, 2011
My birthday is in October, so I never had to deal with this, but if I had a near Christmas birthday and people decided to treat as a two birds one stone kind of deal, especially if it's a Moo that did this and she expects separate Christmas, birthday, and Mother's Day gifts. You'd get all three on one day and if you dare complain, I'll point out that you felt it was okay to do that to me my entire life. So why is it fair that I get shafted for years and I'm expected to spend money on gifts for three separate occasions?

I mean, what's wrong with buying all the gifts you're going to give to the kid and give half on their birthday and the rest on Christmas? Why must it be an either/or thing?
December 24, 2011
I'm a New Year's baby, and some more distant relatives lumped the two gifts together into one, but never my parents or any close relatives...I'd cry too! sad smiley
December 24, 2011
In high school I had a friend whose birthday is 12/26 and I bought her a small gift before we went on x-mas break. She cried, but it was because it was the first time someone had given her a real b-day present and not any of that "2 birds with 1 stone" bullshit. Honestly, it was a little awkward to watch (she wasn't the mushy type, so I was surprised by her reaction) but really meant a lot to have her day acknowledged as its own special event.
December 24, 2011
my gift this year was supposed to be a "b-day/christmas" deal (despite the b-day being in october), but it was an iphone. i can dig that. you are going to spend a lump of cash or do something special, such as a trip to special place or a big ticket item, then i can see the "two for one" deal-but if you are giving underwear and clothes and small gifts, then give some on the birthday and some on the holiday. it ain't fucking hard.

and for the record, i'd rather have coal than fucking underwear and socks. underwear and socks are like the fucking penny tip when i was delivering pizza. i would rather not habe a tip than have the penny tip-it was like "i remembered to tip you, but i am going to insult you in the process. you just flew halfway across town through a maze of hellholes to get this to me in time and now the joke's on you!" that is socks and underwear: "you know the whole 'it's the thought that counts' thing? sucks to be you, huh?"
December 24, 2011
My birthday is 12/13 and my mother is famous for the "two birds with one stone" crap. When my grandmother did that at least it was with some tact. When checks came in the mail mine was always the biggest one. One year I got a doll for both and it wasn't the world's greatest. Stepduh for a good chunk of my childhood was especially an asshole. I wasn't allowed to open birthday presents until Christmas morning. I'm sincerely sorry anyone else had to deal with similar crap.
Anonymous User
December 26, 2011
My birthday is 12/19 and I'm more than familiar with the whole "killing two birds with one stone" concept in regards to birthday and christmas gifts. Fortunately my mom and dad really tried hard to not make me feel as though I was being cheated.
December 26, 2011
Maybe it's not the worst tantrum, but if I had behaved that way, my mother would have either cracked me on the ass with a wooden spoon or just sent me to my room. *One* time I inadvertently was impolite about a gift. I got a Barbie when I was five or six and innocently thought Ken came with her. What kid pays attention to that little blurb at the end of the commercial that says Ken is sold separately? I just asked where Ken was, and my mother let me have it. I was so deeply shamed that I never pulled a stunt like that again.

I'm not saying I was an angel - far from it. I had my share of other tantrums. The difference was my father usually shut me down in an instant by getting in my face drill sergeant-style, giving me a verbal lashing, and then following it up with "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" If I didn't answer "I understand" in a loud clear voice, I got a whack on the rear or more yelling.

One time I was whiny and teary-eyed for some reason and my grandma tucked me into bed before she went home. My dad was so furious at my behavior that after she left, he yanked my night-light out of the wall and threw it across the room. There's a reason my mom said I really was a trouble-free teenager. I learned young that bad behavior brings big trouble.

The girl deserves to be sent to her room and to bed, and the stuff needs to be taken away. You don't want it? Fine, we'll give it to someone who does.
December 26, 2011
The thing needs a sound ass-spanking and the toys returned to the store or given away to charity. I shudder to think what would have happened to me had I acted like this over a Christmas or birthday gift--it would NOT have been a happy ending at all. There is no excuse for this misbehaviour nor for the parents' enabling it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login