Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2338 Baybee Shower Weirdness

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2338 Baybee Shower Weirdness
June 05, 2007
Wow, they all sound like class acts all the way. Ho hum. Well, sounds like your friend has fallen victim to Breeder Brain, and the others are already inflicted.

My condolences for your loss. Hugs.

I have found it SO HARD to find nice, reliable childfree friends who treat people with respect and consideration. Of all the friends I have had over the years, I've written so many off because of getting shit on at one point or another. They are all breeder-brained imbeciles so it wasn't really much of a loss.

SO and I are in the process of *TRYING* to find some nice, childfree couples to hang out with. Wish us luck!
Dear KFLL,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your SO. Send a few good thoughts my way as well. The only single, cf friend I have now lives in Kansas, and forget getting together on holidays, she has a BOYFRIEND.

It always ticks me off when you have girlfriends, because you're usually a priority until they meet a guy (I thought the '50's mentality was dead, but I was WRONG!!!!!).

I wish there were a chapter of No Kidding where I live, but here in the "be fruitful and multiply" part of the country, that's never going to happen.

One of my friends (with 2 kids) that I've known for years, let me spend an entire 30 minutes with she and her kids to celebrate on the kids birthday. How special.

So glad for books and movies and my dad's kitty cat (not in that order, of course!)
Re: 2338 Baybee Shower Weirdness
June 05, 2007
Wow, uncool to the max. I'd totally write that one off as well, but I really don't have much time for people who can't even manage common decency. I guess though, when you're about to embark on TMIJITW, you really don't have time to think "Where'd this beautiful party come from? How can I show my appreciation?"

I guess I'd just add here that I've found volunteering at most organizations to be a great way to meet people who are unburdened by children. I say "unburdened by children" because I've obviousally run into parents during my volunteering, but they seem to be able to seperate their lives from their childrens, and might want to actually be a role model to their children, as opposed to a "best friend" or "slave". Generally I find out later that they were parents without them ever mentioning it.
Volunteering sounds like a good idea.

I tried joining a satellite writer's group in my area, and about six women attended. Unfortunately, half of the women spent an ungodly amount of time bragging about their dumbass brats. I'm going to suggest that we have a rotating mediator each meeting so we keep on task.

They want to talk about their boring sprogs, do it before or after the meeting! Give me a freaking break, already!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login