Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jolie's Latest News...

Posted by amethusos* 
Jolie's Latest News...
June 05, 2007
Get a load of this:

NEW YORK (AP) - Angelina Jolie, who won an Oscar for 1999's "Girl, Interrupted," says she wants to be remembered for her humanitarian work.

"I have no animosity toward Hollywood or the demands of the red carpet, all that silliness," Jolie, 32, tells Esquire magazine in its upcoming July issue. "That's my job, and I'm happy to have it. But when I die, do I want to be remembered as an actress? No."

"I recently had an op-ed (column) published in a newspaper," she continues. "And at the end, it didn't say I was an actress. It said that I was a UN goodwill ambassador - that's all. And I was really proud."

Jolie, an activist for issues ranging from global poverty to wildlife conservation, says she has found meaning as a citizen of the world.

"I entered this business before I had focus and purpose in my life," says Jolie. "I was very unhappy, very unhealthy, and when I sat down for an interview, I didn't know why. I felt like I didn't have anything to share. It was a very empty time."

Today, her life is far from empty. Jolie and her partner, Brad Pitt, 43, have four children: 5-year-old Maddox, who was adopted from Cambodia; 3-year-old Pax Thien, who was adopted from Vietnam; 2-year-old Zahara, who was adopted from Ethiopia; and daughter, Shiloh, who was born to the couple a year ago.

"I try to make sure that each of my children has enough of my attention to feel equal. I try to make sure that my relationship with the man in my life is solid and complete and we're very connected and having a great life together and enjoying our children and being part of the world. So that's my life," she says.

"We don't go to parties. We hardly ever leave the house. We try to schedule time when we're alone," says Jolie, who sports various tattoos, wore a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood around her neck during their marriage, and was blamed for Pitt's divorce from Jennifer Aniston - which Pitt has denied.

"Right now, Pax is sleeping in our bed. It's kind of nice, him immediately knowing and feeling comfortable with us," she says. "Madd slept with me until Brad and I got together. They're fun to sleep with. We have family sleep on Sundays. Everybody sleeps together."

"Some people have their lives together and then they have their children," says Jolie, who stars in Viacom Inc. (VIAcool smiley's upcoming Paramount Vantage film "A Mighty Heart.""Brad and I are starting with the children and are planning to have our time together in our later years."
Re: Jolie's Latest News...
June 05, 2007
For someone who says she is "over" Hollywood and the red carpet, Ms. Jolie still seems to bask in the attention of the paparazzi! She is still going to take movie or TV roles along with her partner, Brad Pitt. Something is going to have to be done so these two can keep up their fancy lifestyles. I doubt Angelina is going to become a hippie earth mother who grows her own vegetables while Bradski takes on a McJob to get away from Tinseltown Stress.

Tiffany Thiessen, an actress from Saved by the Bell and Beverly Hills 90210, decided on the simple life years back and moved someplace like Montana or somewhere. However, this shallow woman - like most celeb gals - admitted that she could not live without shopping on Rodeo Drive where she could get the Gucci handbags and shoes...so back to SoCal she went to resume acting. It is hard for a person who had so much to get used to living like the rest of us. It takes a really big person to do such a thing. Labels on Ms. Thiessen's clothing meant more than solitude. Could any of us see Donald Trump or his two ex-wives living The Simple Life?

Angelina reminds me of many women who try to paper shred their former lives when they get that man who will breed with them and possibly take care of them in a $$$ manner. As for the tattoos, I am surprised Ms. Ange has not decided to have them taken off to further show what a good moo she is! A good person would not have poached on another person's mate without any concern for that spouse's feelings. Julia Roberts is another lame-assed example...except she is not out there claiming to Save the World.

I am not a mother but I do not like parties and do not go out of the house for no good reason. A woman or a man does not have to have children to be solitary and non-partying people. Nor, does a person has to be a parent to care about the conditions of this world. Ms. Jolie is getting her fame from bloviating about how "good" she is as an ambassador. She is really more of a show-off. How about doing good deeds without the cameras in her face???

Another thing about Angelina saying the kids are her #1 priority now and that she will have her time with Brad Pitt in later years is so trite. Many women say that yet look how the men go catting around or just out 'n out leave if they can afford to tell the wife to piss off. A mother and a father need to put their children's well-being ahead of other things as they chose to bring the kids into this world. However, neglecting the relationship by feeling that the twilight years will be the time for "them" is a huge risk that backfires on most women with kids.
June 05, 2007
I guess I'd actually take her seriously if she would announce that she was getting out of acting to do the ambassador thing full time. Shirley Temple did, so I know it's not impossible. It's not like she'd be without income, ambassadors are known to make tons of money, and Brad still pulls in a good chunk of change.
CFBitchfromLA
June 05, 2007
One words sums up her entire life: MOO....
June 06, 2007
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One words sums up her entire life: MOO....

Tell me about it. If Brad Pitt got bored with an interesting person, like Jennifer Aniston, who has a decent acting career, he is really going to get bored with this wanna-be Earth Mother bit from Angelina. He will trade this aging actress in for a young starlet in the same manner Tom Cruise did to Nicole Kidman...yet Ms. Kidman seemed more "together".
Nour
June 06, 2007
Hey Am, she has shown what a good mom she is by getting tattoos of the longitude and latitude from where each of her kyds hail from. I think it's on her arm where the Billy Bob tat was. She's got more room if she decides to buy more kiddies.
June 06, 2007
On Yahoo, I saw a photo of Angelina as a tiny tot. She was one nasty looking kid. I bet she was fucking hell on wheels and looked like a :bawl screamer. Jesus...I have tattoos but feel it is horrible to show off via ink where she bought all of her international kids. Most foreign people laugh at Americans getting these "ethnic" tats.
June 06, 2007
its her shopping list,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 06, 2007
"its her shopping list,"

HA!! That's hilarious!
June 06, 2007
its not all new,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=460292&in_page_id=1773

Victoria Beckham says husband David is keeping one arm free from tattoos so he has space to honour the couple's future children - which the pair hope will include a baby girl.

Speaking at the Glamour awards, Mrs Beckham told the Daily Mail: "Yes it's true. I think David is keeping his arm free for - hopefully - the name, or names, of our daughter or any other children we have

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
June 06, 2007
But they have 3 fucking kids, already, Merc. Freaking celebritard breeders.
June 07, 2007
Angelina Jolie is a fucking retard. Mentally ill, unstable, kid obsessed, retard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login