Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MLP Site - 2351

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
MLP Site - 2351
June 12, 2007
I also collect MLPs, and have for years. I loved them as a child, also.

I think I know what site you mean. I have also noticed a dearth of MLP info on there lately. Another thing that has annoyed me is all the breeder posts that have been on there the last months, and all the nasty sprog pics, YUCK!!! I wish people would keep their reproductive crap to themselves. I don't care about thier repugnancies, or how the nasty results are. Breeding ruins everything.
cfhistorian
Re: MLP Site - 2351
June 12, 2007
Oh man, I thought I was the only one here who is pissed at the loss of ponytopia.com! It annoys me that she no longer posts new/current info, but I'm also peeved that she took down a lot of the old stuff, like the G3 pose guide. >_< Grrrr!
Anonymous User
June 12, 2007
Yes, that was an awesome site, and I used to follow it until she bred, then there was nothing but news of the sprog. Sickening and boring. Yes she says she just doesn't have time to maintain the site anymore. I can't stand when people breed because that trumps everything else to them Mr. T: I pitty tha foold

Unfortunately, we CF are a small minority in the MLP world. Lots of pony people tend to worship sproggen. I'm SICK of hearing that MLPS are for kyeedz, and that kyeedz come first when you are collecting, and that when you are buying MLPs, and there is a brat there looking, let them choose first, and it's so spay-shul that a brat gets the one they want, even if it is that last one on the shelf. I have wanted to rant about this for a long time, but knew couldn't on the pony boards. When a brats gets a pony, especially a toadler, what's going to happen to that pony? Torn up, broken, filthy, and then discarded! WHY is it sofa king important that Crapleigh gets their pony, when they will just end up tearing it up anyway? Other toy collecting sites say this, too, and it annoys the hell out of me. WhenI'm at the store with money to spend, I will get the toys I want. Anyway, how do we know some scalper isn't using the semen daemon to get the rare ones to re-sell? Once a long time ago, there were 2 rare SSC ponies on the shelf. This moo comes up whining how it's her kids' birthday, anmd how those kids want THAT pony. Stupidme, I gave them to her because I already had them in my cart. I go home to see those ponies on ebay for $60 each. I HIGHLY doubt that bitch wanted them for her brats. NEVER AGAIN will I do that angry smiley
Without Issue
June 12, 2007
Yep, Ponytopia is the exact site I was thinking of!

I know it's awful, but one thing I used to LOVE about buying the G3s was the ability to walk up and -- while Sproglina was having a meltdown because her mother wouldn't buy her the pony she wanted -- I would pluck it right off the shelf and carry it to the cash register.

Sometimes I could actually hear the screaming get louder behind me.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2007
ROTFL that is so funny, WI :yr

I don't think it is mean to buy something you have equal chances at getting. You don't have to give someone deference because they bred, or because they are a sprog. I do hate scalpers, though angry smiley

I am so glad I am not alone as a CF MLP/Toy collector friendly hug I feel so outnumbered on the pony boards and sites.
June 13, 2007
why not create a pony board that only deals with ponies, no brats at all. no gross pictures.

i am sure the serious collectors will love it

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Tahki-chan isn't logged in
June 13, 2007
Awww >.< I collect MLPs too (even though Mummy Dearest says it's 'babyish'). What a let-down on the PT webmistress' part! I bet SHE won't have any money for collecting any more ponies...because it's so haaaard to have a baybee!

Oh well. The other thing I collect, which I'm sure no breeders are into because it isn't fambly friendly, is Roman Dirge's "Lenore" merch and Invader Zim stuff from Hot Topic. X3
June 13, 2007
Without Issue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, Ponytopia is the exact site I was thinking
> of!
>
> I know it's awful, but one thing I used to LOVE
> about buying the G3s was the ability to walk up
> and -- while Sproglina was having a meltdown
> because her mother wouldn't buy her the pony she
> wanted -- I would pluck it right off the shelf and
> carry it to the cash register.
>
> Sometimes I could actually hear the screaming get
> louder behind me.

That really *is* funny... bouncing and laughing
June 13, 2007
WI - grinning smiley grinning smiley

I used to love MLPs too. It's a shame the webmistress had to fuck up the site. Who gives a fuck about the brat?

I guess, like Tahki-chan said, she probably doesn't have the money to buy them anymore. . .

Sucks to be them!
June 13, 2007
It's funny how folks put up these specific sites when they're un-childed, and then when they do become childed they don't have time to maintain the site as it was originally intended, but they do have plenty of time to maintain the site as their new "lookee mee! I bred!" site.
Funny that.

Is My Little Pony the same as My Pretty Pony? I remember when those came out in the early 80's and how awesome they were for a horse-obsessed girl like me. I didn't even know they still made them, but I try to avoid toy stores...I know they're FILLED TO THE GILLS with unruly ass monkeys.
Anonymous User
June 13, 2007
Feh, My Pretty Pony was the precursor to G1 MLP, also by Hasbro. MPP came out in 1981, then the smaller MLPs came out in 1982. I remember the commercial for MPP, and when it changed to MLP. MPPs are considered part of the collection by collectors. I have the brown MPP.

I agree Liz & Feh, I certainly don't give a damn about someone's stupid brat. You're right how they have all the time in the world to post brat crap. Nope, no fun stuff anymore for them; they have to waste money on diapers, formula, and other brat needs eye rolling smiley

Cool, Tahki, another CF MLP collector. I collect other toys like Transformers, too. You know guys, Mercurior has a good idea- we could make a CF MLP/Toy collecting site. No breeders, and no awful sprogladyte pics.
Tahki-chan isn't logged in
June 14, 2007
That would be awesome ^^ I redo ponies into 'My Spooky Ponies' if they're from yard sales too. I have made an 'Immortal Love' (ankh hip mark), 'Storm Star' (with a storm cloud) and several others, but I have no digital camera to take pix of them...;^; I have several Blythes I've redone too. I want a super dollfie now but they're, like, up in the 600s...
Without Issue
June 14, 2007
My husband and I just bought a slew of Transformer toys last night! We were positively giddy picking them out, deciding where to display them, etc.

We actually use the toys as an excuse as to why people can't bring their children over, or into the house. "I'm sorry, we have too many small, breakable things -- Preshus might get hurt."

The cats love it: no children to bother them, and plenty of little toys to bat around in the middle of the night. :>
Anonymous User
June 15, 2007
Your customs sound awesome, Tahki. I have a Pullip and a mini Pullip, also some Living Dead Dolls, and BeGoths. I'd love to have a Blythe and a Dollfie, too, but Dollfies are so expensive for me, too. I might be able to get a Blythe one day.

Awesome, WI, did you get the movie TFs? I just got the repro Soundwave the other day, and have a couple of movie toys. Toys are a great excuse to keep brats out, WI Aww, I love kitties, too smiling smiley

I would love to have a board, but I don't have time to run it sad smiley
RowanFaust
June 15, 2007
Ooooh! Ooooh! I love to collect toys! I can run a board! Merc and I have a CF board, and he can help me create new one smiling smiley
June 15, 2007
arghhhh not another board to make.. LOL

but yes i will help make it, but i will only be a watcher mostly, and a minor moderator,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
RowanFaust
June 15, 2007
Well, we got the board started smiling smiley

http://cftoyboard.proboards58. com

We'll be working on it smiling smiley
Anonymous User
June 15, 2007
Thanks so much, Rowan, to you and Mercurior. I'll go join it now.
June 15, 2007
ok the board is nearly done, its childfree, yet other people who are true collectors, can post, but ANY post that mentions "my brats" or "my children" that will be deleted.

it is a child free toy board as in no children will be allowed, or no my child needs this. its will be about adults, who collect. and thats all. so that true collectors will be able to speak to each other.

there is trades, for sales, speciality imports say from the UK to america and vice versa, if you have any ideas let me know, if you disagree let me know, and we will work something out. i am mercurior on there

Anonymous User
June 15, 2007
The board looks great! Finally, we have a CF place to discuss our toy collections. Hope everyone can join smiling smiley
June 18, 2007
Great work Merc! I don't collect toys, but I am sure that people who do so will appreciate an actual site about that topic that doesn't devolve into a brat-off.
Nour
June 18, 2007
This is cool! I'll join up. I literally just started collecting MLPs, so I'm a newbie.
Thanks for creating the site, Rowan and Merc! smiling smiley
June 18, 2007
no problems, me and rowan went to a convention of mlp collectors, and.. we were in a news paper article wink with pictures..

i dont know much about mlp, but.. i know the collecting passions..

June 18, 2007
The photo of you and Rowan was great, Mercurior! smiling smiley
June 18, 2007
I don't have any My Little Pony stuff, but I still have all my precious original Star Wars action figures. And I'll be damned if I'll let some sprog anywhere near them!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login