Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mommage

Posted by Pepper 
Pepper
Mommage
June 14, 2007
PlanetFeedback has apparently launched a new blog just for mommies (Gosh, there aren't many of THOSE around). I'm not sure what the point of the whole thing is, but it seems like it's just another place for moms to do more whining and squawking about--well,--everything.

http://planetfeedback.typepad.com/mommage/

Enjoy the trainwreck!
Re: Mommage
June 15, 2007
I only scanned the first bitchfest over being an "older mom", scrolled down, and then closed the tab. Why bother lurking... lurking

Pepper, I love your "mommage" title. I know this is not on track with the thread but it reminded me when I took some classes when I practiced the religion of my upbringing in the 80's. One of the RCIA candidates, an older lady with two kids still at home, got a gift at one of our class parties from the pastor (the priest in charge of the parish).

The gifts was a book called, Mommilies. The book had all sorts of dumb sayings that mothers use to get their kids to do stuff or not do stuff such as: "Eat the crusts of the bread. It makes your hair curly." "Don't eat the ends of cucumbers. They are poisonous." "Wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident." Some real dumb shit!

Although I was brought up to understand that the thought is more important than the gift, I felt L**ra*ne was put in a category as nothing more than a breeder to be given that book when the class was for converts like herself or people like me who were never confirmed.

What did a book about stupid stuff women say to get their tykes to behave have to do with the RCIA process? I also felt it was insulting to women as there are not books for men with dumb sayings they would use (NOT) to make the brat act right...
June 15, 2007
I too, read the first trainwrecky story and closed the tab. What a bunch of shit. Wah wah wah, cry me a river! Pahrunthood is nothing but trials and tribulations with a few happy moments thrown in. All pahrunts do is piss and moan about it. Why even fucking bother?

A few simple suggestions for the breeders out there:
1. If you are "old" don't have kids.
2. If you are unable to support them financially or emotionally, don't have kids.
3. Don't have kids.
June 15, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 3. Don't have kids.

THAT is the best advice to anyone... Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login