Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2362 Goodwill Store

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2362 Goodwill Store
June 19, 2007
How shameful for that guy to go in there with an incomplete job application. What does he think that says about him?

I agree Am, either a post-abortion jar or the wad that went no further than someone's mouth!!! LOL
Re: 2362 Goodwill Store
June 19, 2007
KFLL, I thought the same thing as well. This little punk's moo should have given the "father" a blow job instead of letting him cum in her cunt. The young man looked like he had been a useless fuck most of his life. I doubt he will return to the store with a COMPLETED job application.
June 19, 2007
Pretty bad state of affairs when you can't even get a job at Goodwill. Sheesh! How lazy can you be?
June 19, 2007
see i have a bit of a problem when it comes to work references..

all but 2 have closed down, shut, some demolished and built on, some have been devolved moved into areas, split up... so i cant ask them for references. they no longer exist..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 19, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> see i have a bit of a problem when it comes to
> work references..
>
> all but 2 have closed down, shut, some demolished
> and built on, some have been devolved moved into
> areas, split up... so i cant ask them for
> references. they no longer exist..

That is far different than being too lazy to get a phone number for an existing business. I, too, worked for two companies that are no longer around. Even a first-timer on a job can provide personal references such as the school, clergy, or others who know him/her as a responsible person.
June 19, 2007
erm.. thing is my school was demolished as well wink, i have a touch of doom when it comes to work places wink

i know it is different, but its hard to put on an application form that the places you works and the school are all gone, they sometimes look at you funny.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 19, 2007
Follow the mafia example, and you will always get what you want, Merc.
"You got a nice place here, I'd really hate to see something happen to it. Just let me know if you ever need any help." And then smile and walk out.
June 19, 2007
one place i applied to for a job, actually burned down, and they lost my paperwork in the fire, and they had to move, so didnt need the staff wink..

Annie
June 20, 2007
My guess is that this jackass didn't want to get a job. Period. (He was probably threatened with being kicked out of his domicile by parents or friends, and took the path of least resistance - "I went to the place with my application and they rejected it. What do I do NOWWWWWW????? I tried, so get off my back - and give me some more money.")
June 21, 2007
Annie, I think you are right on that one. Eons ago, I remember at one AA meeting how this young guy showed up practically crying. He was on his bike with two Hefty bags full of his belongings. The man who owned the house told this freeloader to leave after warning the roommate that he was to get a job. This ass felt entitled to live there for free as he did yard work and bought the owner cigarettes from time to time. I am glad people spoke up at the meeting and told this punk that he was not owed anything as the person who rented out rooms could do his own lawn work and buy his own smokes. The young man at the Goodwill store looked like some Georgia hick who was used to living at his mother's. I doubt the guy graduated high school. In JAX, we get a lot of Georgians due to being an hour from the border. By the way, Goodwill is paying $8.50 an hour for store help. That is a lot more than what would have been paid in the Orlando area.
Anonymous User
June 21, 2007
Well, I'll say one thing...filling out job apps gets VERY old. (I made it easier...I made a sheet with all the names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. of my previous employers)

(The thing that annoys me the most is when they want your resume, then hand you an application on which they want you to basically write down everything that's on your resume. Why the hell do they need both???)
Annie
June 22, 2007
Kat, good question. I've done the same bit for years. I think it is so ingrained with employers, they don't have the courage to challenge it and
go with one or the other.

It also ticks me off when they ask you questions which are right there on the application you so painstakingly filled out AND the resume. Which shows you a lot about the company. If the dumb bunny who's interviewing you can barely read or pay attention (do you really want to work with people of such low caliber?).

Again, it would be better for all concerned if job hunting practices were revised and made more potential employee/employer friendly. Then they might really get the best candidate for the job, rather than a crony of the boss, etc.

And don't even get me started on those dumbass interview questions, "Tell me a little about yourself..." (I always want to reply, "Is that the best you can come up with, I mean, REALLY!).

Happy Friday, fellow CF!
June 22, 2007
Anni, I also hate the "tell me about yourself" question. I read interview tips of how your damned if you and damned if you don't. The supposed rule is to be quick and concise...yet interviewers seem to want to know what applicants did since they were toddlers.
June 22, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
> Well, I'll say one thing...filling out job apps
> gets VERY old. (I made it easier...I made a sheet
> with all the names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
> of my previous employers)
>
> (The thing that annoys me the most is when they
> want your resume, then hand you an application on
> which they want you to basically write down
> everything that's on your resume. Why the hell do
> they need both???)

Kat, I think the app is a legal formality due to signing the waiver how employment can be ended at will as well as credit checks being allowed. The resume does not have that needed signature. It is just another way of an employer royally screwing the person.
Anonymous User
June 25, 2007
That could be.

I'll say this, though: I can almost understand how that kid feels. I've actually stopped applying for jobs online before once I see they want a cover letter, because I don't feel I have a good enough chance of getting the job to justify all the time it would take to write up the cover letter (plus it's pretty clear my cover letters aren't good enough if they're not getting me interviews; cover letters are another Catch-22! Either they're too long, or you don't have enough room to address their requirements/tell why you would be good for them)! After a while you start thinking "I'm not going to get this job anyway, so why the hell should I waste too much time at it?" If the job requires a cover letter, I only apply to it if I think I maybe have more than a snowball's chance in hell at getting it. If it is some company with an online application that already has my information saved, then I don't mind hitting "apply" and taking the chance, but my days of spending 30-60 minutes applying for a job I'll never hear about again are definitely over.

I always think of the "tell me about yourself" question as being how they see if you're stupid enough to start telling them all about your kids and shit...I honestly think that's why they ask it. They want to see if you have enough brains to tell them about your PROFESSIONAL skills, or if you're going to go off for three hours talking about how much you like baking.
June 26, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
> That could be.
>
> I'll say this, though: I can almost understand how
> that kid feels. I've actually stopped applying
> for jobs online before once I see they want a
> cover letter, because I don't feel I have a good
> enough chance of getting the job to justify all
> the time it would take to write up the cover
> letter (plus it's pretty clear my cover letters
> aren't good enough if they're not getting me
> interviews; cover letters are another Catch-22!
> Either they're too long, or you don't have enough
> room to address their requirements/tell why you
> would be good for them)! After a while you start
> thinking "I'm not going to get this job anyway, so
> why the hell should I waste too much time at it?"
> If the job requires a cover letter, I only apply
> to it if I think I maybe have more than a
> snowball's chance in hell at getting it. If it is
> some company with an online application that
> already has my information saved, then I don't
> mind hitting "apply" and taking the chance, but my
> days of spending 30-60 minutes applying for a job
> I'll never hear about again are definitely over.
>
> I always think of the "tell me about yourself"
> question as being how they see if you're stupid
> enough to start telling them all about your kids
> and shit...I honestly think that's why they ask
> it. They want to see if you have enough brains to
> tell them about your PROFESSIONAL skills, or if
> you're going to go off for three hours talking
> about how much you like baking.

I hear you, Kat. I think the kid at the Goodwill store was a little punk-ass bitch with his attitude. However, I am somewhat stymied at how long some job apps are and how I had to write my ENTIRE job history from the time I was 17 for a dumb health food store position...which I ironically turned down. I am forty-fucking-three...for God's sake. It is not as if I was applying for a job in my past field: contract security. In that profession, I can see why my entire history is needed due to certain security clearances. Oh...that reminds me...time to renew my license. I always keep it around despite not wanting to do this at the time. I have deep-sixed applying for certain jobs when I saw how long the damned forms were or how I had to list every single job from my teen years 'til now.
June 26, 2007
The whole job-hunting process sucks major balls. The worst kind, too. I always hated the resume, cover letter, application bullshit. It wears you down to the point that you don't even have the mental capacity left to actually go on an interview. That's one of the reasons I'm still with the same company after 10 years and a lot of bullshit. The whole process is too grueling.
CFinPDX
June 26, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> That's one of the reasons I'm still with the same company after 10 years and a lot of bullshit. The whole process is too grueling.

Boy, I hear that one. 10 years at my job too and the only reason I keep putting up with the crap is that I don't want to have to go through the whole resume/interview process over again. Ugh!
June 26, 2007
over 3000 applications in the last few years, about 1500 spec letters in 3 years. am on 9 job agencies, and no replies

i did start putting pre paid cards in saying we have received your application.. they started to steal the stamps..

but i keep trying..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login