Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

normal household noises!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
normal household noises!
July 02, 2007
hi everyone, i have been lurking some time but only posting today.

i own my house and have spent time making it beautiful.For the past 3 years i have had a brat living next door who screams all day and all night.Talking to the parents politely does no good.I am sick of never having enough sleep, never being able to go out late because of the dawn chorus.
this morning the screaming was so bad at 5 am i thought someone was being murdered.Police won't touch the complaint and the noise enforcement officers don't want to offend the parents as this is "normal household noise!"

anyway i just wanted any views.
Re: normal household noises!
July 02, 2007
That is bullshit. I'm sorry you have to live near that.

I would continue to call until something is done - anonymously. I would call and pretend to be concerned, "Hello, I live near xxx street and there is screaming right now that has me a little concerned. I'm afraid the parents are abusing the child. Can you check it out please?"

I would further then make a phone call ANONYMOUSLY to Child Services.

If you call from you home phone, hit *67 then dial the nubmer, this will block your number from the person on the receiving end of the call being able to *69 you back or have their caller ID pick it up.
July 02, 2007
i personally would call and leave my details, and say look i am concerned at this. the next door neighbour have a 5 year old child and it is constantly screaming (best to phone while its screaming), and say you hear such things about children being abused and or raped or murdered by family members, and i am worried. i dont know if anything is happening, but.. i wouldnt like to risk not reporting it, and they end up killing the child..

its true.. sort of, and it gives you the impression that you care, and are worried.. then if the parents find out, (after getting the policeperson details,) call them back and say i am scared now, because they have come over and nearly threatened me..

its not what you say its how you say it..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
July 02, 2007
Welcome!

It's time to stop being polite to those assholes. The next time that little shit screams at 5 AM, go over there, pound on their door, and tell them that they have five minutes to shut the little bastard up, or you're calling the cops- and DO IT. This is not normal household noise. If the cops give you any crap, ask to speak to the watch commander. That usually works pretty well.
July 03, 2007
Welcome to the board, first of all!

Normal household noise, my ass.

I totally sympathize cos the brat next door to me used to scream her head off night and day. I was so tired I was practically hallucinating at one stage. Luckily the shit loaf has calmed down now.

It's absolutely unacceptable what you have to put up with. I wonder how many other people have to endure this crap, yet are expected to suck it up cos it's a chyyulld?

Isn't the fact that you can't stay out late an infringent of your civil rights? I would suggest that you record the noise and keep a diary of how long it lasts. That way, you'll have proof. Go to the noise enforcement officers and point out that this is way beyond normal noise. Tell them you'll have no choice but to take legal action if something isn't done - I'd imagine that'd liven them up.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Yet another example of breeders thinking the world must bow down to them and their fucktrophies.
Anonymous User
July 03, 2007
I agree with the documentation....if you can record how loud it is (and say "this is from an inner room in my house with all windows closed...this is from the yard") and write down what time it starts and what time it stops...EVERY time...it'll help you out.
July 03, 2007
That sounds so much like the little bastard who woke me up at the crack of dawn every fucking morning the entire summer of 2005 when his pah-runts let him out in their backyard across the alley from my house. I researched noise and nuisance laws but couldn't find anything that would stick.

Good luck!
July 05, 2007
Eons ago on Turtle's old Rant Page, a CF woman put up with incessant crying from the infant next door. She could barely sleep or even watch TV when home from work. The woman was glad when the baby died. God...the flaming from "our own" was horrible. The woman was called almost every name in the book. One other childfree woman said the ranter should have worn earplugs. My response was that a person should not have to wear earplugs 24/7 in the apartment SHE paid the monthly rent and was paying for her living space to be reasonably quiet. I was stunned at the breeder pleasers out there. I would also feel the same if I had to live next to THAT and then read the obituary days later... grinning smiley I know...I am a bitch and damned proud of it!
Anonymous User
July 05, 2007
Thank you for your responses, I don't particularly want it dead, i just want it to STFU!!!
July 05, 2007
sikovitt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for your responses, I don't particularly
> want it dead, i just want it to STFU!!!

Don't feel badly if you wish for the first idea... grinning smiley
Rapunzel111
July 07, 2007
Dear sikovitt-
Oh God,I know how being sleep deprived due to other people makes a person start having homicidal tendencies.
The next time the sprog screams at 5 am return the favor by turning your stereo speakers to face out of the window and casually turning it on at full blast for about 5 minutes around 2 am the next night to return the favor.Turn it off before the cops come and explain about how it was on a faulty light timer.(buy a light timer in case they check)
Or activate you car's alarm in the middle of the night and act like you don't hear it.(Oh,a cat must have set it off!)
Why the hell doesn't someone make a device that emits a beam that makes kids STFU? Makes you wish the house came with a forcefield you can turn on that prevents you from hearing screaming shitloafs.
Here's another idea-
Start inviting local bikers over to your house for parties and sit on your porch drinking beer each night.Have contests for people to smash the most beer cans on thier foreheads.Give the impression that you hang around with a wild crowd that is not to be messed with.Smoke and blow the fumes in the direction of next door and pretty soon that happy breeders next door will move as they don't want to live in a family unfriendly neighborhood.
I also highly recommend planting a lot of blackberries or yucca (both are very thorny!)or poison ivy/poison oak around your property to repel the screaming shitloaf as damage control if they will be living there beside you when it starts walking.
Good luck to you!
July 09, 2007
That always chaps my ass. When KYD does it, it's ok, but if anyone over the age of 18 odes it, it's a fucking felony.
July 09, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That always chaps my ass. When KYD does it, it's
> ok, but if anyone over the age of 18 odes it, it's
> a fucking felony.

I have made that point before. If an adult makes noise in public or did the same in an apartment complex, it is treated like a felony. But a child is considered just a poor child who needs to let his/her emotions out.
CFinPDX
July 09, 2007
Rapunzel111 Wrote:

> I also highly recommend planting a lot of blackberries or yucca (both >are very thorny!)or poison ivy/poison oak around your property >to repel the screaming shitloaf as damage control if they will be living there beside you when it starts walking.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I'm in the middle of landscaping my yard and I think I might just have to reconsider my choice of plant materials!!
July 10, 2007
Prunus spinosa Blackthorn, Crataegus monogyna Hawthorn, plenty of the roses have nice thorns, they are all pretty as well, holly is a good one too..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/index.shtml

this has a searchable list of plants.

i like the thorny plants as they are safe for wildlife, lots of birds etc..

this is from a uk police site..

http://www.met.police.uk/crimeprevention/garden.htm

One of the best ways to keep thieves out is to use nature's own defence mechanisms to stop intruders. A barrier of prickly hedge may be all the protection you need around your property. Here are some suggestions for plants to use

(we have this one) Firethorn
Pyracantha 'Orange Glow' - Flowers white in June, with bright orange-red berries. Thorny stem. Height 10-15ft. Suitable for north or east-facing wall or as impenetrable hedging

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 10, 2007
I personally like my old standby idea of a laser around the perimeter of any childfree property.

Sprog crosses laser..... ZZZZZZTTTTZZZZZZZTTTT.......... it gets lasered in half. Life is good.
July 10, 2007
I prefer "The lady next door is crazy" route. Dress as a clown and hang out in your yard drinking your favorite adult beverages. Use the outfit as a rag and never wash it so it looks and smells extra special. Go into your back yard after dark with a tin foil helmet, spatula, goggles and bathrobe and begin hooting at the sky and arranging rocks and furnature into a decorative landscaping scheme while drinking your favorite adult beverages. Take your yard decorating ideas from such films as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Fight Club or Apcolypse now. Torches, sharpened spikes,broken glass, barbed wire and meat are IN this year. And always be talking to yourself, always.
Rapunzel111
July 12, 2007
"(we have this one) Firethorn
Pyracantha 'Orange Glow' - Flowers white in June, with bright orange-red berries. Thorny stem. Height 10-15ft. Suitable for north or east-facing wall or as impenetrable hedging" From Mecurior

This Pyracantha recommendation is excellent.

This shit is wicked!!!!

It will literally DAMAGE you.

Sprogs,beware!!!
July 13, 2007
and its quite pretty to look at as well, which is a bonus wink

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login