Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excuse me?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Excuse me?
July 07, 2007
I got told the other day by a wife in my dh's unit that my life must not have much meaning because I don't have kids. She was saying it was unfair that our guys are going to deploy again soon and how hard it was on their kids. I just told her that yeah, it sucks, but it is his job and if you can't handle it you shouldn't have married him and started breeding. That's when she proceeded with the life with no meaning comment. This woman is on her second marriage, has 3 kids from her first, has 2 more from her current dh, no education past high school and no job. Did I mention she had her tubes UNTIED to have more kids with her current dh? How is that even though I'm working on a nursing degree, have a job, a husband, and 2 cats my life has no meaning? I didn't know kids gave it meaning, I always thought that kids just meant you had sex on the wrong time of the month.
Re: Excuse me?
July 07, 2007
Minbear03, your life has much more meaning than that skank's! She's jealous of anyone who doesn't want to be as messed-up as her.
Anonymous User
July 09, 2007
This may be mean, but I really freaking HATE women who get tubals, and then have them reversed; it makes it much harder for doctors to believe people like us when we say we will NOT get it reversed sometime in the future. It also makes it much harder for us to get the serious sterilisation, like tubes cut 'n burned. When we say no kids ever, WE MEAN NO KIDS EVER!
Anonymous User
July 09, 2007
Elizabeth,
I totally understand what you are saying. What ALSO pisses me off is that the military PAID to have her tubal reversed. They won't even think about letting dh and I have any sort of sterilization, but to a breeder with 5 freaking kids, they say ok, we'll let you have them. I mean I understand their at least 2 kids policy to an extent, but damn it! Dh and I can't stand kids and if we were to get pregnant and not want to keep it, our insurance wouldn't pay for termination. They'll pay for IVF, adoption, fertility drugs and all that stuff, though. Sorry, I kind of when off there, but these things piss me off.
July 09, 2007
Elizabeth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This may be mean, but I really freaking HATE women
> who get tubals, and then have them reversed; it
> makes it much harder for doctors to believe people
> like us when we say we will NOT get it reversed
> sometime in the future. It also makes it much
> harder for us to get the serious sterilisation,
> like tubes cut 'n burned. When we say no kids
> ever, WE MEAN NO KIDS EVER!

Hear...hear, Elizabeth! The second tubal I had was with no hassle as the doc knew the first one failed which ended ASAP in abortion. The first ob-gyn did ask me the dumb question of, "Do you know THIS is permanent???" Like...duh...I was 23 and knew how the body worked. At 43, I never regretted being sterlised. Women are dizzy cunts who boo-hoo :bawl that they did not know what they were doing. Yes...most women do give the childfree a bad name.
July 09, 2007
Yep, and on top of what Am said, the "life with no meaning" bullshit is just another way breeders like to bingo us. Much like saying we're "bitter" - anything to make them feel superior. Most see that TMIJITW is nothing but a glorified janitorial job.
July 09, 2007
KFLL, I always felt that moohood was nothing more than a glorified janitorial job and a fucking drudge even before having a computer and being a part of the childfree cyber-community. Every woman I knew who had those babies only dealt with shitty diapers, warming up bottles, picking up after toddlers, never being able to even sit on the toilet without the brat banging on the damned door, and so forth. I did work a janitorial job for awhile cleaning offices as a second job when funds were tight while doing courier work. At least, I got paid - even though it was very little $$$ - for mopping floors and cleaning toilets in a cardiology office. I know the SAHMs get their pay via a roof over their head in a tony neighbourhood, a car to drive, health insurance from the hubby's job, spending $$$, food, etc. but the switch-off is no ID of her own...
July 09, 2007
Minbear, the breeder is just jealous - I bet she'd love to have your freedom and education.

And yeah, I can't stand women who have tubals reversed, either. Don't they think it through beforehand and assume the op is irreversible?

Amethusos* - your experience with the 1st tubal sounds typical. The dumbass doc should know that moohood is also permanent and you clearly want no part of it!
Rapunzel111
July 12, 2007
Hey,my life has more meaning because I can:
1.Have as much wild sex as I want to.
2.Stay up as late as I want to.
3.Sleep in as late as I want to.
4.Drink as much as I want to.
5.Smoke as much as I want to.
6.Go to a party or event when I want to.
7.Go out of town when I want to.
8.Eat as much of the wrong things as I want to.
It is great not having to be an example to any one of how to live within the norm.It is wonderful to own your time off work!
July 13, 2007
And with my meaningless, childfree life I've
Given homes to 4 cats, 4 guinea pigs, 2 hedgehogs and numerous goldfish
Worked to give other homeless animals a safe place to live
Worked to preserve the rights of health care workers in my community
Worked to keep the rights of free speech and public access to the airwaves in my community
Worked to protect the sexual health and pleasure for people in my community
Worked to protect the rights and health of drug users in my community
Worked to ensure accurate and accessable elections in my community
Worked to ensure that all people in my community have access to parks and garden spaces

Personally, I'm much prouder of my resume than I would be had it simply read "Feh, Mother"
Leaning toward childfree
July 13, 2007
Feh, all you did was awesome! You have helped many people and animals. I was especially touched by the free speech activism, and the activism for sexual health and health care workers. These are all very close to my heart as well.

Some parents say that they're being selfless, but bitch and whine about donating a dime to any organization, let alone time.

Feh, you rock!
Anonymous User
July 14, 2007
Hey Minbear! Way to go on working on your nursing degree! How's it going so far? I know what you're talking about, having been in the Navy and now the USPHS Commissioned Corps, only as a single female officer. When I was about to move back to the states from an overseas tour of duty, I had found out 6 months before the move that my father had tested HIV+ and then 2 months before the move, I found out that I was going to be deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom. Needless to say, I was a LITTLE stressed! This yo-yo DEPENDENT FEMALE in the Officer Christian Fellowship group who HADN'T SERVED A DAY IN HER LIFE said, "Oh, you just need a man!" I wanted to smack her!! What in the hell did THAT have to do with what I was going through?! Fortunately, true Christians are NOT like the narrow-minded bunch I'd seen there and when I got back to the states from the deployment, I was able to find a church home where there were other singles like me, child-free, and most importantly, OPEN MINDED!! Hang in there, chica!
July 15, 2007
Feh Wrote:
> And with my meaningless, childfree life I've
> Given homes to 4 cats, 4 guinea pigs, 2 hedgehogs
> and numerous goldfish
> Worked to give other homeless animals a safe place
> to live
> Worked to preserve the rights of health care
> workers in my community
> Worked to keep the rights of free speech and
> public access to the airwaves in my community
> Worked to protect the sexual health and pleasure
> for people in my community
> Worked to protect the rights and health of drug
> users in my community
> Worked to ensure accurate and accessable elections
> in my community
> Worked to ensure that all people in my community
> have access to parks and garden spaces
>
> Personally, I'm much prouder of my resume than I
> would be had it simply read "Feh, Mother"

:yr
July 15, 2007
"This woman is on her second marriage, has 3 kids from her first, has 2 more from her current dh, no education past high school and no job. Did I mention she had her tubes UNTIED to have more kids with her current dh?"

If doctors wanted to actually use their brains, they would know the CDC keeps statistics on tubal ligation regret syndrome. As you might have guessed, the women with the lowest regret rates HAVE NEVER HAD CHILDRUUUN. No shocker there.

In fact, MooBitch's scenario is typical: Childed women regret their tubals because they have met May-n number two or three. In their deluded Moo minds, they want to "solidify" their relationship with him. (i.e., insure that he'll have to support her in the event the marriage doesn't work. And taking care of runts is a convenient excuse for these women to stay home.)

Personally, as others have observed, I'd rather work for a paycheck than for a bunch of asshole keedz. At least when I get home, my time is my own and I don't have to answer to anyone.

It's not "mean" to diss this woman. It's truthful. She gives asshole doctors who don't do their research plenty of ammunition.

If she weren't such a mouthy cunt, I'd find HER LIFE to be sad and pathetic. A woman like her, with no education, can only hope to latch onto a man and pump out DNA replicants in the hope that he'll be decent to her. (Obviously, it didn't work out for her in her first marriage.)

I'd rather have some self-respect and my own identity, thanks.
July 15, 2007
bell_flower Wrote:
> "
>
>
>
>
> I'd rather have some self-respect and my own
> identity, thanks.

ITA, bell-flower Thank you
July 16, 2007
liz Wrote:
> bell_flower Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I'd rather have some self-respect and my own
> > identity, thanks.
>
> ITA, bell-flower Thank you

Ditto that from me as well...:yeah

I always felt sorry for women who were only known as "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...." Even many husbands start referring to their wives as only "Mom" rather than the women's given names once they start having those babies. I gather that is one reason why many men start screwing around as it has to be weird to have sex with a woman they call "Mom"...even though many childfree women have had philandering husbands or boyfriends....
July 16, 2007
"I always felt sorry for women who were only known as "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...." Even many husbands start referring to their wives as only "Mom" rather than the women's given names once they start having those babies. I gather that is one reason why many men start screwing around as it has to be weird to have sex with a woman they call "Mom"...even though many childfree women have had philandering husbands or boyfriends...."

I never really thought about it before. Until I got to this board, I'd just accepted that since I personally didn't want kids, and my life would be devoid of whatever "deeper meaning" b.s. parents blather on about all the time. After hanging out here a while, I thought more about the whole parenthood thing and realized that well, I simply don't want to be someone's "mommy". I feel nothing but pity for the women whose entire life definition is so-and-so's Mommy and have your entire life revolve around that ONE thing.

After a couple years working with drug addicts, I realised that parenting (nowdays) and addiction are two pretty closely linked life experiences, at least in how unnatural they are. In both cases, parents and junkies lives become unnaturally narrowed to one single thing. For junkies it's the pursuit, aquisition and use of their drug(s) of choice, eventually everything they do is in relation to that one thing. For today's parents, it's the care, maintainance and possibly creation, of the child(ren), all work, freetime, conversation and thought must be about and for the benefit of the children. In both cases, it becomes a totally unnatural process in that it works against the human mind's need to pursue many different avenues of thought and interest.
July 17, 2007
I truly wish I did not have to work for a living - we all do.

I feel I could be SO MUCH more productive doing what I really love - taking care of animals. I'd volunteer at an animal shelter and I'd have a lot more time to devote to animal causes, wildlife, etc., if I did not have to work full time.

If being a vet tech paid more than I make now, I'd be doing that. Vet school was an option years ago, but due to lack of self-confidence, I passed on it. So unfortunately, I'm in a field that pays well but I don't really enjoy. I'm surrounded by people all day.

This paying the bills shit is for the birds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login