Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

generation of 'brats' who can't hold down a job

Posted by mercurior 
generation of 'brats' who can't hold down a job
July 07, 2007
Middle-class parents raising a generation of 'brats' who can't hold down a job
By LAURA CLARK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=466745&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Middle-class parents are raising a generation of 'spoilt brats' who are so cosseted that they struggle to cope in the workplace, psychologists have warned.

A new breed of 'princesses' and 'little kings' cannot hold down jobs because they are so used to leaving household chores to their parents and throwing tantrums to get their own way.

But too much pampering is making many children bossy, demanding and nasty to classmates, experts warn.

The children's charity Kidscape yesterday lamented the rise of the 'brat bully' - a new breed of classroom monster who uses mobile phones and e-mail to subtly victimise other children.

Meanwhile, Professor Cary Cooper, head of psychology and health at Lancaster University, warned that cosseted home lives can leave children ill-equipped for life in the adult world.

"Some young people have been so pampered they can't stick at a job when things get tough," he said.

"They have no experience of knuckling down to household chores and pulling their weight, because their parents did everything for them."

He added: "Working couples have very little disposable time for each other, or their children, so when the kids are younger they outsource them to nannies or childminders, and when they're older, they feel guilty and buy them off by indulging them and never asking anything in return.

Experts believe a rise in childcentred parenting is to blame. Mothers and fathers are said to be lavishing expensive clothes and gadgets on their children both to keep up with the Joneses and ease their guilt at working long hours

more on site

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: generation of 'brats' who can't hold down a job
July 09, 2007
OH!!!! This is SO true! I know of so many teenaged brats right now - sons and or daughters of people I know, who are forever quitting one part-time gig for some lame, pathetic-assed excuse or another.

"The manager's an asshole" "I don't like my co-workers" "They work us too hard" "I hate the hours" "The work sucks"

Guess what shitlings? GET OVER IT BECAUSE THE WORLD IS FULL OF THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE!!!!!

Christ. I was always taught "sink or swim." Not "well if you don't like it, you can come back home." Asshole parents today are creating nothing but a bunch of whiney-assed pansies who can't even wipe their own asses. I weep for the future.
July 09, 2007
I'm right there with you.
Me too and Amen!!
I have had only one intern in the past five years. I no longer take interns, but this one was forced on my team when her previous preceptor left the company and I lost the lottery.

To make a very long, tedious story short, she was a total fucking disaster. She was lazy, rude, clueless and useless. You had to light a fire under her princess ass to get her to do something as simple as making copies. She constantly harrassed the administrative staff (an extremely stupid thing to do in any position) and ended up with an "F" on her internship. She came crying into my office demanding a higher grade, which she didn't get. Then she stormed out and said her daddy would take care of it. The professor assigned to supervise her in the internship agreed with the grade and she ended up flunking out of college.

Of course, her daddy tried to bully us into a higher grade, but he had no influence at the school or at my agency, so those threats only made me wish I could give a lower grade than F.
July 10, 2007
Somebody should have kicked the dad's ass for having such a cunt of a daughter and being such a dick about it.
July 10, 2007
Normally, I'd say 'hooray' over this because it would weed out the worthless fucks. But considering how some people like to cater to the zits on the ass of society, I'm sure job and school standards will get lowered eventually.
Cambion, my own personal observations have beenthat both work and school standards have plummeted in the past few decades.

I enjoy learning, but I hate going to universities. The closest one to where I live takes ANYONE, as long as they can pay tuition. So you've got white trash as the majority of the student body. They spend most of the time talking during class, so it's extremely difficult to hear the lecture.

Filing a complaint to the instructor does no good. Going to the dean of students does no good. He's just there to collect a paycheck and keep those tuition checks from clueless parents coming in.

And as to employees......

One of my stepmom's grandkids (out of six, ugh!) is a pretty, narcissistic bitch whose daddy pampers and fawns over her. She had a job at a fast food joint this summer, and quit after an hour or two because the work bored her. I guess the only thing she enjoys is staring in a mirror.

Her mother has five other kids, who never help out with cleaning, etc., because again, the father says they don't have to. The mother's on her third marriage, said guy abuses her (both physically/emotionally), but obviously she's going to stay with the asshole until one of them dies (I'm sure she's praying it will be him, and SOON).

I'm so glad I don't have to socialize with these assholes.

Is it any wonder I'm childfree? Because I at least have a few brain cells, that's why!!
July 11, 2007
CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> To make a very long, tedious story short, she was
> a total fucking disaster. She was lazy, rude,
> clueless and useless. You had to light a fire
> under her princess ass to get her to do something
> as simple as making copies. She constantly
> harrassed the administrative staff (an extremely
> stupid thing to do in any position) and ended up
> with an "F" on her internship. She came crying
> into my office demanding a higher grade, which she
> didn't get. Then she stormed out and said her
> daddy would take care of it. The professor
> assigned to supervise her in the internship agreed
> with the grade and she ended up flunking out of
> college.
>
> Of course, her daddy tried to bully us into a
> higher grade, but he had no influence at the
> school or at my agency, so those threats only made
> me wish I could give a lower grade than F.

CFBfromLA, most of today's young college students and interns are exactly as you describe Little Cuntlina who interned at your job. If they do not get an "A" Grade for doing nothing more than flashing her pussy towards her professors or co-workers, she and others like her get their helicopter parents to "take care of it for them". Funny when some asshole asks who will take care of me when I get older, like a former friend (a senior citizen where NONE of his adult kids were self-sufficient), I often turn it around and ask who will take care of their adult offspring when they - the parents - pass on to the next life. CFB, I am glad Daddio's bullying did not work at the school or your agency. He also had to be taught that none of you were his flunkies at his job, his wife, or his mistress that he can push around to stroke his dick on command.
July 11, 2007
Annie Wrote:
> Cambion, my own personal observations have
> beenthat both work and school standards have
> plummeted in the past few decades.
>
> I enjoy learning, but I hate going to
> universities. The closest one to where I live
> takes ANYONE, as long as they can pay tuition. So
> you've got white trash as the majority of the
> student body. They spend most of the time talking
> during class, so it's extremely difficult to hear
> the lecture.

Very true, Annie. One of my mom's friends, who is a nice woman, spent a ton of $$$ to send her daughter to an out-of-state university complete with a newer car for Cuntlina to drive. The little bint was having her parents, who make the money, to pay tuition for a fucking ART degree and how to do stage make-up. Fuck...she could not even stay in school for THAT and returned home like most Marin County, California adult-kids who cannot hack studying. Girl got a server job that she bitched about and has gone to community college forever. So she can feel independent, she lives on one of her parents' rental properties where she pays no rent. Once she lost weight, the young woman did not get a decent man but some creepy Latino from the neighbourhood in the area where the illegals live. He lives with her, too. I am sure a bay-bee will not be long. If that happens, she should have stayed fat and not get the requisite "boyfriend". The young adult was always spoiled as a sprog. Adulthood did not thrust her into maturity.
July 11, 2007
My company gets gubermint money for hiring new college grads from a certain University in this state - I think they have to stay with the company a certain period of time, too.

So needless to say, these little assholes get fawned all over, are given sign on bonuses, get exhorbitant starting salaries - higher than a lot of the seasoned employees here, are treated like kings and queens, all to get them here to work and stay long enough for the company to collect its $$$$$$.

Silly me, I got my job here all on my own accord, 10 long years ago. What was I thinking?
July 11, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:

> Silly me, I got my job here all on my own accord,
> 10 long years ago. What was I thinking?

Nowadays, it also seems that Mommy or Daddy "knows someone" who will get their kid set up after college. Why bother to send the overgrown brat for four years of camp if success is due to the social connections. How do the rest of the people at your job deal with these little asswipes getting paid more than seasoned employees???
July 11, 2007
Am, what's really funny about your question is that here, it's "corporate policy" NOT to talk about salaries, it's frowned upon in a big way.

To my company, divulging salary info is right up there with pissing in the conference room plants.

However, these newbies like to brag about how WELL they are treated to everyone. Thinking, of course, that everyone is treated like this. Thusly, exposing salary issues and other shortcomings.

The long timers and "real" employees of this place are pissed as hell and express it every chance they get in the annual survey and to HR.

Right now, a lot of these long timers were chosed to fill out a questionnaire for Pennsylvania that will rate this place whether or not it is one of the top 100 places in PA to work. Somehow I doubt it will make the cut........... All depends on who you ask. I had better get myself in a good mood before I fill mine out.....
July 11, 2007
KFLL, I worked for a cheap-ass answering service called, C*st*m C*mm*nic@ti*ns, where talking of salaries could get an operator fired. That was because we were on a two-tiered salary, where long-timers who got paid almost twice as much worked day shift with zero weekends, holidays, or night shifts. Oh god...my ass was frosted big time when I realised that I would never get near the day shifters salaries regardless of how HARD I worked my fucking ASS off...not matter HOW long...taking shit from doctors and nasty patients from some of the medical accounts. That was how night shift was: doctors who cussed our asses out because they thought their fucking degrees made them better than us "lowly" operators. I cussed right back at one this one evening. He actually got "fired" from the service as the owner's son and his wife were tired of dealing with him. I also told Dr. Fucker that with the exception of getting a tubal and abortion and second tubal when I needed it along with eye care that I do not believe in going to doctors so he could shut the fuck up about cussing at US for a mistake his damned office made. I only lasted a year and two months at that place as the turnover was extremely high. Gee,...did the B@tes ever wonder why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login