Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many times have we talked about this?

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
How many times have we talked about this?
July 10, 2007
Sucks to be a pahrunt!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/ParentsGoneWildForTheirKids.aspx
>>>>>The Dillons aren't alone. When it comes to the kids, parents often let emotions rule over financial prudence. Often, that leads to financial mistakes most are embarrassed to admit.

Emotions out of control really effects all today's parunts. It really is the root of all evil and I don't know why they can't buckle down and balence their emotions with logic when it comes to kids. God knows, parunting of the past, generally of course, was not as guilt-ridden or out of control emotionally. Did old school parents hate their kids? I highly doubt it.

But this is why they ignore their spouses, spend too much, have no outside life, don't exercise, go to McD's, spoil their brats, fight with teachers/coaches, take no advice and judge everyone without brats, listen only to kyds movies and music instead of their own, all because they are worried how their kyds will feel now and 20 years from now, however they never worry how their brats will grow up in to healthy normal adults.

Modern parunting is a big pet peeve of mine. I really don't think my CFdom would be so obvious if it wasn't for it. I think I could get along with some paruents of the 60-70s as they actually did look for some reprive from their kids and in the meantime, the kids just went out and played and left the adults alone.
Re: How many times have we talked about this?
July 10, 2007
I am right there with you CFU. I think I would be much more tolerant of parents today if there was any sort of proof that they were working to raise a productive human being. The reason the kids are out of control today is because the parents aren't in control. They want their children's memories to be one long stream of happy, Kodak, best friend moments instead of useful and instructive tools which will help their children make the best life they can for themselves. Now, parents and children have to be best friends, and as a result the kids have no way to cope with anything for themselves.

I know a couple of families who are doing a great job with their kids, and I respect them for it. They are able to say No, don't cater to every whim, really encourage their children to be good citizens and actually do activities that don't involve their children. As a result their children are a pleasure to be around and the parents are still able to actually discuss things outside of their family lives.
July 11, 2007
I was watching "Kate & Allie" on the WE channel last nite; GOD how I love those old 80's shows!

Anyway, watching the content of the show really shows you have times have changed, and not for the better. The shows back then depicted good family values, kids listened to their parents, people were pretty responsible for their actions, people worked for a living, and everyone was respectful.

The shitcoms today tell of nothing but male bashing, breederdom, and just general, overall shit. It's not a wonder why we don't watch TV.
July 11, 2007
at the time the shows seemed a bit insipid, but looking back (watching re runs) they are in comparrison shakespeare compared to.. jackie collins

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login